Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 3rd August 2016, 14:03   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Photologue: Journey through my lens

Thanks so much Ampere. True, our region has many unexplored, not so touristy, hidden gem of places. I feel lucky for getting opportunity to cover some of those.

Places like Koosalli falls (near Shiroor-Byndoor), Arasinagundi Falls (Kodachadri base), Koodlu Teerta, Jomlu teerta (near Hebri), Bandaje Arbi (near Beltangadi), Alekan falls (near Charmadi), Govinda Teerta (near Jadkal, Kollur), Gadayikallu trek (near Beltangadi), Mala - Durga trek (near Karkala, base of Kudremukh hills), Mani dam-Varahi dam-Heggodu-Ikkeri (near Mastikatte, Sagar), Yana etc I covered some years back. Out of those many in my Freedom bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Great snaps there. KA with its western ghats is a treasure of places to visit and enjoy. And the best part: many such places would be right under our very nose; in our own back yard!
Thanks so much mustang_shelby, Vijai_MoCa for the compliments, encouraging words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Excellent pictures. Simply amazing! Loved them. Some of them are good enough to win competitions I believe. Please keep them coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijai_MoCa View Post
Enjoyed reading the travelogue. Great photos.

Keep them coming!
Nempuguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2016, 14:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pics, specially the Tiger and the Last "Masala" one has been shot very very well.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 17:23   #33
BHPian

Default Photologue: Trip to vibrant Rajasthan

Week long trip to vibrant Rajasthan: Golden city Jaisalmer, Suncity Jodhpur, Pink city Jaipur

When: 12th Nov to 18th Nov 2016.
November being best time to visit Rajasthan.

Purpose of the visit: Family trip, also to attend Marvar wedding at Jodhpur. I was leading 11 adults, 2 kids team.

Mode of travel for entire trip: Now this is unique.

* Home to airport by TT; Bangalore-Jaipur flight; inside Jaipur by auto.

* AC sleeper train to Jaisalmer; inside Jaisalmer by auto; even boat ride at Gadisar lake; to Thar desert by Tavera; inside Thar desert Camel ride; Jaisalmer to Jodhpur by day bus.

* Inside Jodhpur city Ola cabs, Innova; narrow lanes of Jodhpur by horse "tanga", tuk tuk autos; Jodhpur to Jaipur by chair car train.

* Jaipur sight seeing by Innova; Return to Bangalore by flight; Back to home by Xylo.

Looks like only ride we missed in this trip is elephant ride to Amber fort Jaipur, other than two wheeler.

Places covered:

1. Sight seeing attractions of Jaipur: Hawa mahal, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal, Amber Fort etc

2. Jaisalmer Fort, Jain temples, Havelis, Gadisar Lake, Kuldhara village, Thar desert - national park, Camel safari, Rajasthani folk songs and dance

3. Jodhpur Mehrangarh fort, museum, Jaswant Thada, Rao Jodha park, Flying fox zip line tour, Ghanta ghar market. Icing on the cake Marwar wedding, sangeet, dance and food.

This was one of the long pending travel destination in my bucket list. Trip to Rajasthan did not materialize due to various reasons over the years, many times abruptly ending in discussion stage itself.

During last July when my wife initiated trip related discussion to attend her cousin's marriage I was the first one who agreed. Reason being chance to visit Rajasthan, that too in the months of November. Even before wedding planning started our team's travel itinerary was almost finalized.

Some teaser photos:

Photologue: Journey through my lens-p_20161115_152155.jpg

One of the largest fort in India "Mehrangarh Fort", Jodhpur

~o~

Photologue: Journey through my lens-p_20161112_125100.jpg

Hawa Mahal, Jaipur

~o~

Photologue: Journey through my lens-img_2224-2.jpg

"Founder of Jodhpur" Rao Jodhaji statue near Jaswant Thada

~o~

Photologue: Journey through my lens-img_2843-2.jpg

View of Mehrangarh fort from Rao Jodha park. One of the zip line tour point.

~o~

Photologue: Journey through my lens-img_6752.jpg

~o~

Photologue: Journey through my lens-img_1422.jpg

~o~

Photologue: Journey through my lens-img_1490.jpg

Camel Safari - Thar desert

~o~

Photologue: Journey through my lens-img_1493.jpg

~o~

Photologue: Journey through my lens-img_6787.jpg

Phool Mahal, inside Mehrangarh Fort. One of the best maintained fort I must say.

~o~

Photologue: Journey through my lens-p_20161117_165933.jpg

Amber Fort Jaipur

~o~

Photologue: Journey through my lens-img_7546.jpg

Jal mahal, Jaipur

~o~

Photologue: Journey through my lens-img_0974.jpg

~o~

To be continued.
Nempuguru is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 11:21   #34
BHPian

Some tidbits:

* Marwar wedding events starts only after sunset and goes on till early morning (both the days, Sangeet and Wedding). So I had entire day time free to explore Jodhpur surroundings.

Photologue: Journey through my lens-img_6847.jpg

Beautiful stone carvings of Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur

* If you are heading towards Jodhpur or Jaisalmer from Jaipur by train, there is a station called Sambhar Lake which is 80+ kms from Jaipur. Train passes through a deserted salt fields for kilometers, during evening you can experience one of the best sunsets here. You can also spot various birds, Flamingos in particular. Our Jaisalmer train passed this place exactly during sunset. Beauty of the place with Flamingos and other birds in backdrop is seen to believe. It was real surprise for all of us.

I was awestruck enjoying the views and forgot to take out the DSLR from bag. Only tried capturing some pics using mobile, being AC train with not so clear glass, pictures didn't come well. Nevertheless we all enjoyed one of the best sunsets.

Photologue: Journey through my lens-p_20161112_172414.jpg

During return I tried capturing the wast salt fields in my lens, but that was during day time.

Photologue: Journey through my lens-img_7217.jpg

So, if you are heading in that route during evening don't miss the Sambhar lake sunset.

More info on Sambhar Lake:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambhar_Salt_Lake

* If you visit Jaisalmer, Jodhpur and other interior parts of Rajasthan first and then visit capital city of Jaipur, you will definitely feel the difference. Quality of the service, quality of food, beauty of places, respect towards tourists etc way different than Jaipur in those places. I guess it is same in others parts of the country.

* Road widening work is going on between Jaisalmer and Jodhpur. So expect lots of deviations, bad patches, dust in that part if you are heading by road. Luckily owner of the guest house where we stayed in Jaisalmer suggested not to go by TT/cars, also arranged reserved tickets for our group in a state owned deluxe bus. Journey was comfortable in that spacious bus (leg room was way more than cramped Rajahamsa/volvos of KSRTC) also saved significant amount of cash, which was a big plus for our group due to cash crunch situation.

Photologue: Journey through my lens-p_20161114_115039.jpg

All along granite quarries on this stretch.

* Never miss lassi, maava, chaas, kachoris, samosas, gajak etc local delicacies. Again Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Pokhran, ruarl parts of Rajasthan are the best places to experience these.

Here is a pic of "maava" making process:

Photologue: Journey through my lens-p_20161114_130859.jpg

Photologue: Journey through my lens-p_20161114_132833.jpg

* Already many have expressed their opinion towards over-hyped Sam Sand dunes. We too skipped Sam, and headed towards a remote location inside "Thar desert national park". It was totally isolated, other than our group one more gentleman was there with us for the camel safari. There was one small resort (tent), they arranged evening snacks, camel safari, folk songs - dance and good veg dinner.

Photologue: Journey through my lens-img_1462.jpg

Photologue: Journey through my lens-p_20161113_200316.jpg

Photologue: Journey through my lens-p_20161113_185424.jpg

Company of black bucks, camels, "deserted" desert, quality time with cool breeze, all in all very good experience.

Again, thanks to the owner of the guest house where we stayed in Jaisalmer, everything he arranged in a very short notice for nominal price.

Photologue: Journey through my lens-p_20161113_073311.jpg

* Complete all your shopping needs in Jaisalmer or Jodhpur or other places. Keep it very minimum for Jaipur. I have read this suggestion in many forums, blogs. When we were in Jaipur most of the auto, tuk tuk, cab drivers are more interested and hell bent on showing markets first than the monuments. When we were heading railway station from lodge, one auto driver crossed the limits and said "train keliye abh bhi time hai, kyun na aap ek baar market ghoom aayiye. Apko sasthe mein items dilvata hu (Still you have time left for the train, why don't you visit market? I will arrange good deals for you). Worst part is these auto / cab drivers are associated with travel desk of the hotel where we stayed.

Photologue: Journey through my lens-img_6883.jpg

Ghanta Ghar (Clock Tower) market, Jodhpur

* Old KAL autos of Kerala are aplenty here, with fully decorated interiors and exteriors.

Photologue: Journey through my lens-p_20161114_184950.jpg

* When I included Jaisalmer in our itinerary many people in our group said what's special there, why travel so far, why can't we spend more time in Jaipur, Jodhpur or why can't we include Agra? When our trip concluded they were all saying "we needed a day or two more inside Jaisalmer. It is the best part of trip".

Jaisalmer - will visit again in winter probably in my own ride.

~o~

To be continued...
Nempuguru is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 19:00   #35
BHPian

Brilliant medley of various trips done!Photographs are simply breathtaking.The trek from Salkeshpur to Subramanya was beautifully captured.
vijayols is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote