Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 3rd November 2015, 12:26   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Bangalore to Rajasthan : 2 week road-trip in a Fiat Punto

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section). Thanks for sharing!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:42   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Bangalore to Rajasthan : 2 week road-trip in a Fiat Punto

Awesome coverage there! Enjoyed it more as a photologue, thanks to the crisp pictures from each location.

You have very well managed to cover most of the POIs in the State of Rajasthan with the 10 days you had !

A very well planned and well executed trip this was. Thank you.

Reading travelogues always makes me just crank and keep going. Well, I am just doing that on this weekend covering 2500 kms elsewhere. So right time I read this Travelogue.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 17:27   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Rajasthan : 2 week road-trip in a Fiat Punto

Congrats for the wonderful drive to Rajasthan.
Myself planning to go, may be next week, can you let me know the hotels details for the trip and the feedback of the hotels.
Thanks,
dsnaveen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 17:33   #19
BHPian

That was really a great Trip !!!

A very well planned trip, considering the no. of days with respect to the no. of places covered.

How was the climate there in Rajasthan during your visit? As I was in Kutch (my native place) during the auspicious festival of Navratri and it was too hot there. Also Rajasthan being no different from Kutch in terms of Landscape as well as Climate, hence I guess the temperatures might be soaring there as well.

Did the A/c of your vehicle performed well in those conditions. I am also planning for a roadtrip in the month of May'16 and my ride will be Fiat GP 90HP. Therefore so many queries

Wish you many more trips ahead.

Thanks & Regards
J_Man is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 18:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Congrats for the wonderful drive to Rajasthan.
Myself planning to go, may be next week, can you let me know the hotels details for the trip and the feedback of the hotels.
Thanks,
The hotels were booked on the go by hvkumar, who runs the CHD - Central Hotel Desk. Most of them were in the budget range within 2K, apart from the one at Udaipur , that was over 3K. I found the hotels good.

HVK has requested users not to disclose hotel names - possibly due to problems faced in the past - and I would prefer not to disclose the names - I hope you'll understand.

If you're OK with the idea of budget hotels being booked on the go(through whatsapp messages sent to HVK) , then joining the FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/hvkumar/ and subscribing to the CHD packages are a good idea.

Otherwise, RTDC is a good bet in Rajasthan for budget hotels. They've got hotels at all major citites, and motels on the major highways in the State, http://rtdc.rajasthan.gov.in/RTDCHotel.aspx .
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 18:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
That was really a great Trip !!!

How was the climate there in Rajasthan during your visit? As I was in Kutch (my native place) during the auspicious festival of Navratri and it was too hot there. Also Rajasthan being no different from Kutch in terms of Landscape as well as Climate, hence I guess the temperatures might be soaring there as well.

Did the A/c of your vehicle performed well in those conditions. I am also planning for a roadtrip in the month of May'16 and my ride will be Fiat GP 90HP. Therefore so many queries
It was quite hot during our visit,although manageable . Day temperature was over 35 degrees, evenings and nights were warm. The a/c performed well.

I don't think May is a good time to visit RJ. Try doing it in April if possible, it's off season after March and you'll get better hotel rates.
sdp1975 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:05   #22
BHPian

I couldn't have found a better time to find this travelogue as I am planning a trip towards end of this month and have just started some prep work. As a matter of coincidence, I am also travelling from Arekere Gate to Rajasthan! Our routes and destination don't exactly match but lot of overlaps and useful tips here. Thanks.
Mnjdnght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:44   #23
BHPian

Way to go sdp1975. Excellent writeup and pictures of your Rajastan trip. It is amazing you managed to do this with your twin 5 year old kids. Your journey gives me the confidence to take my 6 year old Punto also to explore new frontiers. Thanks for sharing your experience.
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:25   #24
BHPian

That was a crisp set of photographs. As it happened we also were in Rajasthan during the same week. In fact, we also started from home (at Durgapur, West Bengal) on 17th October and were at Sam sand dunes on 21st. Left for Jaipur on 22nd morning. For the lack of time, however, gave south Rajasthan a miss.
A couple of pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Rajasthan : 2 week road-trip in a Fiat Punto-dsc09167_cropped.jpg  

Bangalore to Rajasthan : 2 week road-trip in a Fiat Punto-dsc_0019_1.jpg  

kaymant is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:53   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Thanks for reading. I enjoyed as much in writing the travelogue, as I did in doing the trip itself.
I wanted to comment earlier but could not. I spent quite some time in this state and was amazed at the variance one can spot inspite of many things looking similar. Food is always a standout here. Not to mention the rustic charm. The state of Rajasthan has one of the most unique experiences to offer to the traveller (I wont say tourist!). Just to pick an example, the temple with overflowing rats in Bikaner (Karni mata).

Last but not least, I am also amazed at how you guys manage such long distances travel and sighseeing with such pin point execution. Travel is still possible, but still holding on to that zeal all the way is much beyond that.

Great way to see Rajasthan. It always remains one of my favourite places, where things are always etched in time.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd November 2015 at 22:55.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 09:58   #26
BHPian

Excellent photos and a well written travelogue. One question though , any reason why you went Pune-Thane-Nasik ? I mean were you visiting someone in Thane ? I think you went down the ghats Pune-Thane and then went up the ghats again from Thane to Nasik. Wouldnt a direct ride from Pune to Nasik been more optimal ?
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 10:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Excellent photos and a well written travelogue. One question though , any reason why you went Pune-Thane-Nasik ? I mean were you visiting someone in Thane ? I think you went down the ghats Pune-Thane and then went up the ghats again from Thane to Nasik. Wouldnt a direct ride from Pune to Nasik been more optimal ?
For the onward journey, I actually bypassed Pune and took the expressway to Mumbai and then to Thane - maybe my write-up wasn't clear on that.

Another option would've been to enter Pune and take Nashik or Shirdi route, but the feedback on these roads were not great, as also having to cross the Pune traffic, so I stuck to Mumbai route. I did have to bypass Mumbai, but that was comparatively easier late in the evening.
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 10:24   #28
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Excellent write-up, well planned and executed trip. Rajasthan has been in my travel plans for sometime. Photographs are well timed, and would definitely be a ready reckoner for travellers .
LoneRidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 10:29   #29
BHPian

Excellent writeup SDP1975. This will help me on my Rajasthan road trip from Mumbai planned in christmas time. your comments about roads being good 80% of time is very encouraging. Looking forward to the drive myself
ShaileshHinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 11:53   #30
BHPian

I will be in my hometown, Nashik for 2 weeks in Dec-Jan. Had no plan till now, but your travelogue has made me think over it now. While going through it, I have also noted down the major tourist attractions and the distances between the main cities. If I make my Rajasthan trip happen in the upcoming vacation, it will be entirely because of your travelogue.
RoadSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote