Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 24th January 2016, 22:41   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Aspire visits Kerala : Traverses via a wildlife sanctuary, mountains, backwaters and a beac

Awesome report and the pics are so beautiful..!

Could you plz PM me the overall cost and the resorts you chose? Thanks.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 13:06   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Aspire visits Kerala : Traverses via a wildlife sanctuary, mountains, backwaters and a beac

Very nicely written and some great pics.
Can you please share the stay details and cost?

Thanks
KD007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 14:15   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Nice travelogue .. Avi! Great pictures as usual.I also did a trip down South through Northern Kerala (Wayanad), ooty/Coonoor, Madurai, KK and Rameshwaram around new year weekend.Looks like we might have crossed the path somewhere
Nice Deep. Great to know you did almost the same highway route that I did. I did see a Skoda Fabia flying down the highways. Was it you?

Hope your penning down your trip in the form of a travelogue? When can I expect to see it live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post
Wonderful travelogue i must say. Very well written and documented ! Truly a good reference for folks planning a trip to Kerala, even if its not by road !
Thanks Anand. It was a pleasure to share it with fellow members and would be happy if it helps them visualize and plan their respective trips

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
From Hyderabad all the way down to Varkala-Man you do have a passion for driving ! Wonderful travelogue, Mobile008...You have covered almost all the must-visit areas of Kerala...Visited Varkala during Diwali 2015(travelogue pending) and just like you, it was Love at First sight. Varkala is a glorious beach to unwind.
Thanks. For me unwinding on a weekend/vacation is not sitting in front of a tv and munching popcorn. I love to hit the road ( preferably on my motorcycle)

Yeah, Varkala is fantastic. It was a revelation and we have already decided that we will plan another vacation there in 2017 (2-3 nights)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Awesome write up. It was more of a mouthwatering cuisine trip than a sightseeing tour
Well, as many members know, I live to eat and don't eat to live !!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by omprakashp View Post
Thank you for the great travelogue. It seems amazing that in our beautiful country we can enjoy the ghats, the back waters and the beach all in the same vacation. We have booked a Aspire AT and are really inspired to see your travelogue. This will help us in planning our trip from Bangalore to Kerala which we want to do in February 3rd week. We were planning to use the trains but this travelogue has me thinking otherwise. Hope the 1.5l petrol does not cause issues in the
ghats. I would be very obliged if you could please let me know the names of the hotels / resorts in Pollachi, Munnar, Kumarakom and Varkala. Thanks again for the awesome writeup
Indeed our country has many small pockets of areas that needs to be explored to uncover those gems. If your getting the Aspire 1.5L AT, you will enjoy its power on the highway. Don't even think of taking trains when you have such a lovely car at your disposal.

Petrol on the ghats would struggle to some extent when compared to diesels due to how the car delivers the torque but, 1.5L AT is a powerful car and I don't think you will have any issues on the ghat with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Wonderful travelogue. I never knew there was this much to visit in Munnar. My next pitstop would surely be there. Aspire served you quite well during the trip, what was the average FE observed during the trip? Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. Yes, Munnar is beautiful and 3 days is must to enjoy seeing everything out there. And, I loved every minute of driving the Ford Aspire on this trip as its a "super-fun" car to drive. Below is a post that I wrote in my Aspire's ownership report about how the car drove and FE that I got during this trip

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3883406

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Awesome report and the pics are so beautiful..!Could you plz PM me the overall cost and the resorts you chose? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Very nicely written and some great pics.Can you please share the stay details and cost?
Thank you all for your lovely comments. I plan to share the detailed route update soon but, unfortunately my personal laptop is in another home and all details are in that laptop and wont be going to that home till weekend.

Request anyone wanting to know the hotel details, please drop me a note to my email (mobike008@gmail.com) and will send the info over the weekend. Thanks again for your kind words guys !!!

Here are some more videos from the trip :

Kumarakom Lake (Serene and Lovely Experience from the Boat)

Kumarakom Lake 2

Varkala Beach (Whatta Beach !!!)

Varkala Beach 2

mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 00:09   #34

Very nice travelogue!! Good to know about some offbeat places in Kerala. Had never heard about Varkala, Pollachi.
shivrajvp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 11:47   #35
BHPian

Your travelogue was a very good read. I enjoyed it so much that I read it two-three times (including one with my wife). Thank you for sharing your driving experience. Although I too made a trip from Goa to Kerala in my Aspire, it was quite uneventful (a routine road trip to home). However, it was a really pleasant drive and at the end of the journey we were as fresh as we started, thanks to the comfortable seats and silent cabin of Aspire.

The photographs you posted are amazing. It inspires us to visit those places for sure.
sudhirnam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 21:14   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivrajvp View Post
Very nice travelogue!! Good to know about some offbeat places in Kerala. Had never heard about Varkala, Pollachi.
Thanks. Until just before the trip, I too haven't heard about Pollachi and Varkala

Both were outstanding places. Pollachi is a beautiful quaint little town with beautiful bungalows and few things to see around that town

Varkala has that gorgeous beach.

Both were really nice to visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirnam View Post
Your travelogue was a very good read. I enjoyed it so much that I read it two-three times (including one with my wife). Thank you for sharing your driving experience. Although I too made a trip from Goa to Kerala in my Aspire, it was quite uneventful (a routine road trip to home). However, it was a really pleasant drive and at the end of the journey we were as fresh as we started, thanks to the comfortable seats and silent cabin of Aspire.The photographs you posted are amazing. It inspires us to visit those places for sure.
Thanks and really glad to know you liked reading through my travelogue. Also nice to know you too own a Aspire...As mentioned many pictures were taken from iPhone 6+ so I am glad to know a phone camera can give such fantastic results
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 14:21   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Hope your penning down your trip in the form of a travelogue? When can I expect to see it live?
Yeah .. that's a bold todo in my list
There were quite a few locations and I would surely get a decent set of pics come out of it, so don't want to lose the opportunity this time.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 17:07   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for penning down a wonderful travelogue.I hail from Kerala,Palakkad to be more precise. I think winter is a good time apart from the monsoon to visit KL. Also glad to note that the Aspire met your expectations. I have almost decided on buying the Figo Titanuim plus Diesel variant within two months. The launch of the Breeza is what that is holding me back else the Figo it is.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 08:44   #39
BHPian

Really appreciate you taking the time and effort to walk us through a wonderful experience of God's own country.

I read that your pictures are from iPhone 6s...are all of them from the phone? The pictures with fog and those from the cliff of the beach are wonderful.

I had gone through Verkala some 222 years ago - back when I was in university. Not been there since. Munnar always impresses.

Would you also write about the how the vehicle performed and any prep work for a 10 day trip? That would be additional plus.

Thanks for sharing. Rated 5 stars

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 10:19   #40
BHPian

Excellent travelogue, well presented, voted 5 star rating straight away!!!
Kudos to your planning and execution!!!! :cLap:

OT: Yes, I do occasionally cringe for that non existent 6th gear LOL!!!
novicefreak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 08:47   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Thanks for penning down a wonderful travelogue.I hail from Kerala,Palakkad to be more precise. I think winter is a good time apart from the monsoon to visit KL. Also glad to note that the Aspire met your expectations. I have almost decided on buying the Figo Titanuim plus Diesel variant within two months. The launch of the Breeza is what that is holding me back else the Figo it is.
Glad to know you liked it. I don't like to make any travel plans in summer. Prefer being at home in cool AC environs and most my travel plans are in winter and monsoon. One monsoon trip each year I enjoy is to goa

Good luck with your car purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Yeah .. that's a bold todo in my list
There were quite a few locations and I would surely get a decent set of pics come out of it, so don't want to lose the opportunity this time.
Look forward to it Deep. Make it fast.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Really appreciate you taking the time and effort to walk us through a wonderful experience of God's own country.I read that your pictures are from iPhone 6s...are all of them from the phone? The pictures with fog and those from the cliff of the beach are wonderful.
Thanks. Not all pictures are from iPhone but, quite a lot of them are from iPhone. Some of them are from DSLR and rest from phone

Btw, it's not an iPhone 6S but, me and wifey own an identical iPhone 6+

Quote:
I had gone through Verkala some 222 years ago - back when I was in university. Not been there since. Munnar always impresses.
Wow! Were you born during the Mughal period?

Jokes apart, did you mean 22 years ago?

Quote:
Would you also write about the how the vehicle performed and any prep work for a 10 day trip? That would be additional plus.Thanks for sharing. Rated 5 stars
Honestly speaking I did absolutely zilch preparation. I normally fuel the car and check air pressure in tyres previous night before a long trip but, due to an official trip a day before ( got home late night just before the morning we were supposed to drive) ensured I didn't fill fuel nor check air pressure

I checked air pressure in car in Salem ( as mentioned in my early posts)

Wrote a detailed post about how the car performed during this 3000kms trip in my ownership report here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3883406

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
Excellent travelogue, well presented, voted 5 star rating straight away!!! Kudos to your planning and execution!!!!
OT: Yes, I do occasionally cringe for that non existent 6th gear LOL!!!
Thank you !!! Actually it was more impromptu and planning happened really fast...LOL!

I hear you what you say about the 6th gear. Love the power even in 5th at highway speeds

Here are few more videos for your viewing pleasure all taken by iPhone 6+

View from the Varkala cliff

In this video, you can literally see the fog engulf the plains within a few seconds. Sorry for the orientation, made a mistake of changing it midway

Beautiful Tree Plantations

mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 11:46   #42
BHPian

Quote:

Jokes apart, did you mean 22 years ago?
Yes of course...typo
Rajain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 12:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Nice TL, Avi, and superb pictures! It was like I also went to those exotic places!

I visited Munnar in summer, and it was not that great. It looks like winter makes the place far more attractive.

By the way, last video on your prior post is not viewable. It says it is a private video.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 08:21   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nice TL, Avi, and superb pictures! It was like I also went to those exotic places!I visited Munnar in summer, and it was not that great. It looks like winter makes the place far more attractive.By the way, last video on your prior post is not viewable. It says it is a private video.
Thanks Venu. I suppose any place in India in peak summers would not be great

Hence, I prefer to vacation during winters and monsoons !!!

Now the video is in public settings and can be viewed....
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 23:48   #45
BHPian

Quote:
... When can I expect to see it live?
Hey .. finally I got something to start off with, enjoy the quick look at some of the destinations - 3600+ kms, 13 days, 6 destinations, 5 states - South India Trip: Sneak Peak.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote