Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 9th February 2016, 00:15   #46
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: Winter Himachal in a White Thar

Originally Posted by Nempuguru View Post
Lovely write up and equally good photos. Deserves 5 star.

First I quickly glanced all the photos, then I read your travelogue. What you have written in first para is hard to believe.

You have covered lots of miles in this trip driving Thar with a soft top. Any security risks (valuables, gadgets) especially on highways during late night drives?

Congrats to you both for successfully crossing 10th milestone. Hats off to you and Thar as well.
Thanks a lot Nempuguru!

Originally Posted by Jeevan Sukumar View Post
Beautiful narration with amazing pictures. I just love your Thar. You turned my color choice black to white. Keep writing my dear friend.
Thanks Jeevan. Great to hear that my Thar changed your choice, but still a word of caution for you - The white colour on the Thar does not look the same in flesh as it comes out in the pics. I can't explain this to you, but the actual colour is a bit creamish. So it is better have a look at it before you go ahead with the White colour choice.

Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
This is real adventure. I wouldn't attempt driving at night, or even 500 kms in the hills in one day. You and that kid have some real mettle.
You are a biker at heart, you can do 500km in a day in a bike. The car is too claustrophobic for you. By the way, the "kid" is grown up now

Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Another enriching travelogue with superb pictures. It will inspire many newbies like me to embark on this route in upcoming years.
Thanks a lot Sam. You do Kolkata-Darjeeling and back in 3 days and call yourself a newbie

Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
The Club Mahindra resorts are lovely. I checked their site and they seem to have 25 years membership contract.
Do you mind sharing which season package you opted for and the approx costs involved. Also is it open for all car owners or just mahindra ?
Yes most of the Club Mahindra resorts are lovely but not all. It is a 25 year membership for which you pay a lump-some of amount upfront. After that it is yearly maintenance charge which is not a negligible sum. I had taken the membership way back in 2007 and it was 1.8 lacs down at that time. Mine is a White Season package. It is open for all, you don't even need to own a car to be Club Mahindra member. Frankly speaking, Club Mahindra is best for those living in South or North India. They get a lot of options. For us from the East, there is a hardly any option other than to travel all way down South or up North. The only two resorts somewhat nearby are Gangtok and Baiguney in Sikkim.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 17:55   #47
Default Re: Winter Himachal in a White Thar

Hai Brother. Once again thanks for your kind consideration. Today, as per your advice, I visited Mahindra showroom, Trivandrum, to check out the white Thar. However to my bad luck none was available for the time being. The available are black beauties. But the SA offered me a call soon. Now waiting for his call.
Jeevan Sukumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote