Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 17th February 2016, 13:49   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: The hidden paradise with splendid beauty and sparkling lakes Western Arunachal

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
We plan to go there in March around 15th or so. How would it be then? Ice? Possible with a Santa Fe?
@earthian, Wandernomad has explained it in details below. We went in May and hence there was very little snow on the road. But the melting water from the snow in adjacent areas made the road very slippery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
No way in mid march if the current weather continues. The area had snow last week as well and if there is another snow fall you will be hard pressed crossing Sela itself, let alone going beyond PT Tso. My pictures are from March last week and then no private vehicles were allowed to move beyond Maratha Grounds the entire week. We were able to make it to Bumla because we used Army Gypsies with special permissions.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 12:00   #47
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (14)
Default Re: The hidden paradise with splendid beauty and sparkling lakes Western Arunachal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post
[b]Day 9 .............
Hello PointZero,

That was one splendid thread - the itinerary, travel details are awesome and would be of great help to all who plan to follow. And the photographs were mesmerizing - must say your travelogue easily rates 5 stars and is in the league of veterans like BlackPearl, 1100D and others!
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016, 19:12   #48
BHPian

Tutai, your travelogue was a pleasure to read! It is extremely informative and the pictures have really made Arunachal come alive. I particularly liked the candid snaps of the locals and the army! Wish you many more miles of such adventures!
GhostRider28 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2016, 15:38   #49
BHPian

Thanks GhostRider28,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider28 View Post
Tutai, your travelogue was a pleasure to read! It is extremely informative and the pictures have really made Arunachal come alive. I particularly liked the candid snaps of the locals and the army! Wish you many more miles of such adventures!
PointZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2016, 00:50   #50
BHPian

Wonderful travelogue there PointZero.
Could you please answer a few queries?

1. Which time of the year did you travel? Sorry if I had missed that on the post.
2. If it was Dec, Jan or Feb, how much of snow/ice did you find on the roads. (the kinds which are dangerous for driving over)
3. Are you aware of the condition of roads in the Zemithang- Sangetsar route?

Thanks in advance.
I'm travelling to Tawang within ten days from now.

Regards
Dhanush
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2016, 17:12   #51
Senior - BHPian

Lovely and detailed travelogue, thanks for sharing. Rated 5 stars. Plan to drive to Arunachal someday. Soon. The trouble is the extra 2+2 days to do the Bangalore - Kolkata stretch :-)
nilanjanray is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2016, 23:02   #52
BHPian

Thanks dhanushmenon, Please see my ans inline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Wonderful travelogue there PointZero.
Could you please answer a few queries?

1. Which time of the year did you travel? Sorry if I had missed that on the post.

>> I went in October 2015.

2. If it was Dec, Jan or Feb, how much of snow/ice did you find on the roads. (the kinds which are dangerous for driving over)

>> For winter season (Dec, Jan, Feb) the stretch from Y Junction to Bumla will be tough for a non-4WD car. Sela pass will be full of snow but may not be very dangerous. You can refer to any of below travelogue for winter details.

By BlackPearl - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ra-thar-3.html (Call of the wild : Western Arunachal in a Mahindra Thar)

By ADC - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...eri-assam.html (Safari VTT-TMT Exotic Tour - Known and Unknown Western Arunachal and Nameri[Assam])

3. Are you aware of the condition of roads in the Zemithang- Sangetsar route?

>> No, I went few KM from Sangetsar, but after that I came back on the same route towards Y junction.

Thanks in advance.
I'm travelling to Tawang within ten days from now.

Regards
Dhanush
Thanks nilanjanray. Yes, you have to plan for two week at-least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Lovely and detailed travelogue, thanks for sharing. Rated 5 stars. Plan to drive to Arunachal someday. Soon. The trouble is the extra 2+2 days to do the Bangalore - Kolkata stretch :-)
PointZero is offline   Reply With Quote