Birding around Mysore - A Photologue - Page 2 - Team-BHP
Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2016, 17:20   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 568
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Thanks for sharing the details. Its great to know a fellow bhpian and an ornithologist. I recently went to Ranganthittu from Hyderabad.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/173135-hyderabad-ranganathittu-search-some-migratory-birds.html (Hyderabad to Ranganathittu: In search of some migratory birds)

Places that have been commercialized for tourists have shown a massive drop in the number of species. I would definitely like to visit all the places you mentioned above before its too late.
Thanks mate. Lovely photos from your Ranganathittu trip.
Luckily, some of these lakes and parks around Mysore are in good shape and worth a visit.
C300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2016, 23:38   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 568
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

Some migratory visitors.

Bar-headed Goose at BR Hills. These are worlds highest flying birds and cross the Himalayas to visit us in winter. They travel back to central Asia for breeding during summer.

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-barheaded-goose1.jpg

Eurasian Spoonbill at Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-eurasian-spoonbill1.jpg
C300 is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 22:37   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 568
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

Tickell's blue flycatcher at Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-tickells-blue-flycatcher1.jpg

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-tickells-blue-flycatcher3.jpg

Black-crowned night heron at Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-blackcrowned-night-heron1.jpg
C300 is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 15:31   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 568
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

Was able to see the Prince of Bandipur twice after multiple trips and safaris this summer. Beautiful Tiger.

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-prince1.jpg

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-prince2.jpg

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-prince3.jpg

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-prince4.jpg

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-prince5.jpg

Spotted this Red headed Vulture during one of the Safaris in Bandipur.

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-redheaded-vulture1.jpg
C300 is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 14:12   #20
BHPian
 
Syed_Munazzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 40
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

You have some serious photography skills !

Stunning Photographs! Great job
Syed_Munazzir is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2016, 13:50   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 568
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed_Munazzir View Post
You have some serious photography skills !

Stunning Photographs! Great job
Thanks Syed.

Few more photos from Bandipur.

Crested Serpent Eagle with the kill

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-crested-serpent-eagle1.jpg

Grey Jungle Fowl

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-grey-jungle-fowl.jpg

Up close with peacocks!

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-peacock1.jpg

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-peacock2.jpg
C300 is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 23:15   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 568
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

More pics from nearby lakes

Blue-tailed bee eater at Naguvanahalli

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-bluetailed-bee-eater1.jpg

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-bluetailed-bee-eater2.jpg

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-bluetailed-bee-eater3.jpg

Brahminy Kite at Hebbal Lake

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-brahminy-kite.jpg

Common Kingfisher at Hebbal Lake

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-common-kingfisher1.jpg

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-common-kingfisher2.jpg

White-throated Kingfisher at Hebbal Lake

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-whitethroated-kingfisher1.jpg

Yellow-eyed Babbler at Hebbal Lake

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-yellow-eyed-babbler1.jpg
C300 is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2017, 11:27   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 568
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

Few birds from Lingambudhi Lake.

Balck Drongo with the catch!

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-black-drongo3.jpg

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-black-drongo1.jpg

Shikra

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-shikra1.jpg

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-shikra2.jpg

Asian Koel Female

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-asian-koel-female1.jpg

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-asian-koel-female2.jpg
C300 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2017, 14:27   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 568
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

More birds from Bandipur national park

Rose-ringed Parakeet feasting on Palash Tree Flowers. These flowers are also known as Flame of the Forest.

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-roseriged-parakeet1.jpg

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-roseringed-parakeet2.jpg

Lesser Golden-backed woodpecker

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-lesser-goldenbacked-woodpecker2.jpg

Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-lesser-goldenbacked-woodpecker1.jpg
C300 is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2017, 22:13   #25
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Anjuna, Goa
Posts: 7
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

Very impressive shots .

I have question for you - do you use a Tripod or are they taken with the Camera just handheld?
Kumar101 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 10:34   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 568
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar101 View Post
Very impressive shots .

I have question for you - do you use a Tripod or are they taken with the Camera just handheld?
Thanks. Its mostly handheld. 300mm is easier to handle.
Sometimes I use a monopod when a Teleconverter is connected.
C300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 21:16   #27
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Anjuna, Goa
Posts: 7
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Thanks. Its mostly handheld. 300mm is easier to handle.
Sometimes I use a monopod when a Teleconverter is connected.
You have very steady hands unlike me! I struggle to keep the camera still. I've only just started to take wildlife shots after purchasing my first serious camera - mainly birds actually, but it's proving to be very tricky so you're doing really good. I have to take many, many shots and hope around 10% come out OK.

It's motivating for me to come across someone like yourself who is getting good results, gives me hope . I'm fortunate enough to have natural wilderness directly outside my house - get to see birds of many different varieties but they tend to hide themselves amongst the thicket so hard to get clear shots.

Planning to do an excursion somewhere in a few weeks time may head up north to Sikkim perhaps, might get lucky and get to shoot in more open areas. Will get lots more practice and hopefully try and improve my photography skills.
Kumar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2017, 17:08   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 568
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar101 View Post

It's motivating for me to come across someone like yourself who is getting good results, gives me hope . I'm fortunate enough to have natural wilderness directly outside my house - get to see birds of many different varieties but they tend to hide themselves amongst the thicket so hard to get clear shots.

Planning to do an excursion somewhere in a few weeks time may head up north to Sikkim perhaps, might get lucky and get to shoot in more open areas. Will get lots more practice and hopefully try and improve my photography skills.
You are lucky to have some amazing places so close to home. There are a lot of Birding hotspots near Goa. Do post some pics. Which lens are you using?
C300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 17:48   #29
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Anjuna, Goa
Posts: 7
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
You are lucky to have some amazing places so close to home. There are a lot of Birding hotspots near Goa. Do post some pics. Which lens are you using?
I've only owned my Camera for over week or so, it's a Sony RX10M3 with a built-in Carl Zeiss 25 x Zoom Lens. It's an all in one but suits my needs, great Lens, Senor and Image processing bit pricey mind you but worth it very impressed with the results so far in auto mode still trying to get to grips with all knobs/buttons bit daunting at the moment will purchase a book and try get to learn all the advanced features and learn photography techniques.

Been ill with an eye infection so haven' t been able to venture out into the proper wilderness yet. Would love to get some tips from you on any local National Parks you could recommend.

Attaching picture of a Magpie Robin I took in my back garden.

Also done a post of some pictures in the non-auto image thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post4177182 (The Official non-auto Image thread)

Would be good to have feedback including any constructive criticism!
Attached Thumbnails
Birding around Mysore - A Photologue-dsc00247-crop.jpg  

Kumar101 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 10:21   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 568
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Birding around Mysore - A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar101 View Post
I've only owned my Camera for over week or so, it's a Sony RX10M3 with a built-in Carl Zeiss 25 x Zoom Lens. It's an all in one but suits my needs, great Lens, Senor and Image processing bit pricey mind you but worth it very impressed with the results so far in auto mode still trying to get to grips with all knobs/buttons bit daunting at the moment will purchase a book and try get to learn all the advanced features and learn photography techniques.

Been ill with an eye infection so haven' t been able to venture out into the proper wilderness yet. Would love to get some tips from you on any local National Parks you could recommend.

Attaching picture of a Magpie Robin I took in my back garden.

Also done a post of some pictures in the non-auto image thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post4177182 (The Official non-auto Image thread)

Would be good to have feedback including any constructive criticism!
Looks like a quality long zoom camera. The long zoom might be the reason for the shake at higher end of the zoom. 600mm will be very difficult to hand held and need a good support. How is the AF on this camera?
C300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bengalooru to Bharatpur - A solo birding trip! amolpol Travelogues 35 26th June 2015 12:07
Photologue: Two hours @ Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary. Drive to Mysore via Ooty M35 Travelogues 16 1st May 2015 13:02
My Birding experiences around Chennai aravind84 Travelogues 54 30th September 2014 16:37
Khushboo Gujarat Ki - A road trip to the birding paradise amolpol Travelogues 33 5th April 2012 19:39
Birding at Sattal, Pangoot, Vinayak and Corbett. SPARKled Travelogues 11 28th March 2012 21:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks