Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 5th March 2016, 22:52   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hampi: A journey to the forgotten empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRPAI View Post
small conduits that channel water to the ponds
I think it works the other way round. The water from ponds & rivers are channeled to fields via these conduits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps View Post
The reason for my regular visits to Hampi because my wife's grandparents house in "Kamalapur", fringes of Hampi.
Lucky you. Any interisting titbit from history that you have heard from them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
I am sure you agree with me that you need at least a month to see the place in its full totality.
Will need a minimum of 15-20 days to do justice to the entire area
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
I have bought the kindle edition of the Robert Sewell translation, as soon as I finished reading your travelogue.
Enjoy the read!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaman View Post
Cool pics and story line Procrj. I was in Hampi during rainy and posted this on the community
Great travelogue jeetaman. Waiting to visit during the rains and see the transformation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
Also the Lotus Mahal is in Pattadakal right?
Thanks morepower. Lotus mahal is very much in hampi and is part of the zenana area. Its near the hazare rama temple. Do check the map that I have shared for exact location
procrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2016, 11:45   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Great travelogue jeetaman. Waiting to visit during the rains and see the transformation
Wonderful travelogue, very lucid write-up and the icing on the cake are those awesome pictures. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking us through this historical marvel called "Hampi" . This travelogue wouldn't have been so engrossing if not for the historical tidbits that you have interspersed all throughout. Not sure when I would be lucky enough to visit this mesmerizing place.

All the pictures are simply stunning. If I have to pick one amongst the lot, then it has to be the "dying flame". So apt caption. Your love for driving and your better halves passion for photography maketh a super combo. Here's wishing you many more such opportunities to travel far & wide and treat us with such stupendous travelogues.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2016, 18:57   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Not sure when I would be lucky enough to visit this mesmerizing place
Words cant describe the majesty as well as despair that you feel when you look at this place.
Quote:
All the pictures are simply stunning. If I have to pick one amongst the lot, then it has to be the "dying flame". So apt caption. Your love for driving and your better halves passion for photography maketh a super combo. Here's wishing you many more such opportunities to travel far & wide and treat us with such stupendous travelogues.
Thanks deepak. Hope to cover many more miles in the tank this year admiring the beauty & diversity of our beautiful country.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 13:07   #49
BHPian

You have done justice by sharing such detailed historical facts, I visited Hampi recently and I feel that the place has so much unexplored. Thanks for sharing the details and great photos, Below is the link to travelogue I wrote a few months back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...deep-dive.html (Hyderabad to Hampi, Deep Dive)
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 17:35   #50
BHPian

Very nice and well written Travelogue with amazing pictures. You have captured the real beauty and essence of Hampi here. Very informative. Thanks for sharing!!!
sami316 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 14:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
You have done justice by sharing such detailed historical facts
Thanks Aray.
Quote:
Below is the link to travelogue I wrote a few months back.
Looks good after the rains. Even in your pics, the tree in Vithala temple has hardly any leaves. Wonder what kind of tree it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Very nice and well written Travelogue with amazing pictures. You have captured the real beauty and essence of Hampi here. Very informative. Thanks for sharing!!!
Thanks sami316
procrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2017, 09:19   #52
BHPian

Dear Members,

Planning to stay 3 nights at Hampi and Badami during April last week.

Considering the summers are really hot, Would it be practical to visit these places (temples) in early mornings or late evenings?

Please advise.

Rgds,
Vinod
Mr_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote