Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 30th May 2016, 16:47   #16
Default Re: A Trip to South Korea

Originally Posted by whoztheman83 View Post
Was it the Lotte hotel? The automation is the thing that stood out the most for me. They have automatic sliders(for doors, windows and curtains) and buttons for nearly everything! Buttons on the commode! Man, how many ways of washing your butt are there! Many apparently!!

As an Indian, the food was, well, very bland. Cold noodles, no! Honey on chicken, Nein! Raw or lighty cooked meats, Nahin!!! But i think its one of those things you get an acquired taste, maybe just like every other cuisine in the world. The Koreans give importance to the natural taste of an ingredient hence spices and heavy sauces are non existent. The beauty, color and mild tastes of the ingredients on the plate is what they appreciate. 10/10 would go to Seoul again.
Think you have the chance to experience spicy Korean food.. Their food is either incredibly spicy or very bland(wont be available in star hotels though). They put a lot of chilli powder and its very spicy. You should try their Kimchi jigae or budda jiggae , Sun dubu etc(google for images and you can see what i am talking about) which are the more spicy than your regular dishes and they are made in front of you through a stove in every table. The ones you are talking about seems to be Japanese influenced dishes which rely more on the flavour of the meat more than the masala which is norm in Western Countries and japan.

Last edited by shadows123 : 30th May 2016 at 16:52.
shadows123 is offline   Reply With Quote