| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|25th May 2016, 10:35||#31|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Thanked: 249 Times
Re: Solitary Exploration of the Nagarhole Forests
2. Try Jungle Retreat Wayanad.
It is little more pricy, but rates are inclusive of food and other activities and is absolutely safe though there is wildlife all around.
http://peppergreenresorts.com/ is a resort.
You can find travelogues covering these places in Travelogues section (including mine).
Other options you can consider are
3. You have the option to do safari in Nagerhole, Tholpetty, Damankatte. Tirunelly temple and Kuruva island can be covered. There are trekking option if you are interested.
4. Government safari booking can be done at the counter an is on a first come first serve basis. Try to do the early morning or the last safari in the evening. Some resorts have tie-up with JLR and will arrange JLR safari which is much more expensive than Gvt safari. It is better to confirm the safari details with resort folks.
5. You can cover the mentioned places staying in any of the above mentioned places
6. Can't comment on this, I have seen Safari getting cancelled on the spot without advance notice due to heave rains.
Hope this information helps you in planning.
Last edited by gadadhar : 25th May 2016 at 10:37.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Weekend Exploration in an unexplored resort||trtraj||Travelogues||24||20th June 2011 10:10|
|4x4 Explorers : A Thread on Off road routes and exploration||tsk1979||4x4 Excursions||20||1st May 2011 10:12|
|The mother of all trips: Exploration Ladakh, destination Leh||abk||Travelogues||87||22nd February 2010 16:50|
|JAWADHU Terrain Exploration||trammway||4x4 Excursions||34||8th December 2009 12:05|
|Mar 28, Aravalli Exploration Trip||desertfox||4x4 Excursions||5||24th March 2009 21:27|