Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 17th May 2016, 14:33   #46
BHPian

Default Re: A drive to the 'Paradise on Earth' : 5226 km grand road-trip from Kolkata to Kashmir

Great TL @gearhead_malt and a big heart you have. hats off to you for doing such an exhaustive road trip on an eon. if i was hyundai i would pay you royalty and use your trip as an ad for all hyundai vehicles.
pduttaghy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 19:02   #47
BHPian

Default Re: A drive to the 'Paradise on Earth' : 5226 km grand road-trip from Kolkata to Kashmir

Quote:
Originally Posted by BODHI25 View Post
One of the most wonderful travelogue I've ever come across.
Congratulations for completing this great and adventurous journey without any major problem. Hats-off to you and your wife for this kind of enthusiasm, really appreciate it!
Thanks a lot, BODHI25!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Awesome pics and a very nice write-up . I loved it!
Thanks, arun_josie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Lovely blog and lovelier pictures there. Kashmir valley is a great place to drive .Kashmir has lot to offer. We just get to visit a fraction of its beauty.
Of course great narration, reminds me of the Kashmir trip we did a few years back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...r-scorpio.html (Kashmir & a Scorpio!)

Thanks for sharing, keep such great travel experiences coming.
Thanks! I went through your travelogue as well. Wonderfully written!
There is stark difference between what Nature presented to us in April and to you in June. Less snow, less flowers but more greener pastures. I am already eager to visit Kashmir during the other seasons as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduttaghy View Post
Great TL @gearhead_malt and a big heart you have. hats off to you for doing such an exhaustive road trip on an eon. if i was hyundai i would pay you royalty and use your trip as an ad for all hyundai vehicles.
No need for any sort of royalty .
The fact that I am able to present the beauty of our Country to the whole world, is enough for me. Many thanks to Team-BHP for this.

Bonus for me are:
1)The nice comments from people like you who liked the travelogue.

And

2)Some people (unknown, at that moment) stopping their vehicles and asking me "Do you write in Team-BHP? I read your travelogue and identified you by your car!"
Feels great!
gearhead_mait is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 17:50   #48
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: A drive to the 'Paradise on Earth' : 5226 km grand road-trip from Kolkata to Kashmir

An awesome travelogue.... gearhead_mait !!

I'm travelling to Srinagar in the first week of June and was looking for an extensive travelogue which could give me an idea on the road conditions, local issues(if any), places to visit, travel itinerary, etc to make up my mind along with few pics to give me a first hand idea ... and I stumbled upon your experience.

One word to describe your travel leisure .... Magnificent !!!

Me and my wife are a travel enthusiast as well which is why we have opted to drive down to Srinagar as compared to other modes of travelling.

If it's OK with you, I might reach out to you for few doubts/concerns which I might have prior to the journey ??

You and your wife make a great pair and the credit must go to your wife as well for supporting you thoroughly on this tour. You guys are a great sport who went ahead with such an extensive tour inspite of limited number of leaves.....

A five star rating is a must .... !!!

BTW, we have been to sikkim as well and the driving sense in that valley has be seen to be believed. I only wish drivers in other states take a note or two from Sikkim....

Cheers
hocuspocus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 18:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocuspocus View Post
One word to describe your travel leisure .... Magnificent !!!

Me and my wife are a travel enthusiast as well which is why we have opted to drive down to Srinagar as compared to other modes of travelling.

You and your wife make a great pair and the credit must go to your wife as well for supporting you thoroughly on this tour. You guys are a great sport who went ahead with such an extensive tour inspite of limited number of leaves.....
Many thanks for your kind words. Yes, it wouldn't have been possible without my wife's support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocuspocus View Post
If it's OK with you, I might reach out to you for few doubts/concerns which I might have prior to the journey ??
Anytime, Sir!
gearhead_mait is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2016, 01:23   #50
BHPian

Default A timelapse video | Road trip to Jammu and Kashmir in Hyundai EON

After completing the travelogue, I thought of preparing a video collating the various aspects of the beauty we have witnessed. But time was not permitting.

As a result, after nearly 3 months of completion of the trip, here is a compilation from my end:

Camera type : Dashcam
Model : SJ1000

Note : Viewing in 1080P quality is recommended.

Last edited by gearhead_mait : 16th July 2016 at 01:24.
gearhead_mait is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote