Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 28th May 2016, 20:17   #16
Default Re: Details! Shorter New Route to Kathmandu, Nepal

Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
Does this good road further extend till Narayanghat or Butwal. Can you please confirm?
This town, Bardibas, lies in the Mahottari District. Its a meeting point of 4 roads and hence, there's quite a development of infrastructure recently. Eastwards from Bardibas will take you to Siliguri in India. About 25km south will take you to Sursand which lies in India across Jaleswor, the headquarter of Mahottari district. This road runs through Gausala (Bardibas-Gausala-Jaleswor-Sursand-Sitamarhi-Muzaffarpur). Northwards is Kathmandu through this newly constructed road. Westwards is Narayanghat which is about 215km from Bardibas. Butwal is further 116 west of Narayanghat.

Narayanghat to Mugling section of Narayanghat is being upgraded to 4 lane and the road is closed for several hours a day result in massive traffic jam. If you are traveling from east of Nepal, Bardibas-Kathmandu is the perfect choice. Apart from this, there is Hetauda-Kulekhani-Kathmandu and Hetauda-Damam-Kathmandu road. Both these roads are dangerous. The one through Kulekhani requires a GC of at least 200mm. I traveled through this road last week. Its in bad shape but perfect for those who seek adventure. I saw a couple of Indian vehicles, one Ford Figo and another i10. They were having a nightmare.
amitjha086 is offline   Reply With Quote