Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 27th May 2016, 18:36   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Back to Jawhar & Mokhada - again, for a Good Cause!

Pranav great job! Nothing like helping the needy people. "Hands that Serve are Holier than lips that Pray". The feeling we derive serving others is really special. The service organisation I have attached myself gives 30 litres of boiled milk and biscuits to the 150+ cancer patients in 4 floors at Govt. Royapettah General hospital thrice a week at 6.30 am, I have been associated in this service for the past few years and it is really a fulfilling job for me.
7heaven is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2016, 20:10   #17
BHPian

Such a virtuous deed sir. Do keep it.
Nagato710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2016, 21:27   #18
BHPian

Awesome work sir, but rightly said by another member that people in these areas need to understand the importance of TREES.
Next time do talk to them and may be lets all get together and donate saplings for this area.
Keep it up , all your deeds are very inspiring for other members.
garry.brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2016, 22:48   #19
BHPian

R.E.S.P.E.C.T!

Hats off to you and DK! As somebody had mentioned in one of the congratulatory notes above, I'm pretty positive that Mumbai (and other Maharashtra) BHP-ians would be very much ready to join for such a trip.

Kudos!!
callvvijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 00:45   #20
BHPian

dear pranav / d.k.

Brave, courageous, kind, passionate are some of the few adjectives, which blurted out after seeing the initial pictures. Hats off to you guys. To our Team Bhp admins, cant you initiate something on these lines; i am sure at least a couple of thousand will join, if not all. I have been avid reader of almost all new posts, i have yet to see, so passionate and compassionate as our fellow team bhp brethrens. please do something, and we will follow, the leader, with our two cents in our vehicles as per our professional capacities and decided by the admin.

regards
dr. sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 01:17   #21
BHPian

Default Re: Mokhada Trip (Dist Thane) for a Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Overall it was a day full of activities, and brought a lot of personal satisfaction to us as well. Somehow, via our close friends and social networks, the news of our activity was spread to many more friends and acquaintances. They all were congratulating & praising us for the noble deed. We notified our other friends that next time we need their active participation, and attempt to work at grass-root levels.. Even the news already reached to my office colleagues (via-via messaging), and all my colleagues were appreciating our activity.

Congratulations for such a noble deed.

No wonder your work has been appreciated by your colleagues. I would suggest that you must send a pictorial brief of your excellent efforts to the Collector of the District as well as the office of the Chief Minister, requesting them to get the concerned place surveyed and augment the availability of the drinking water.

I am sure that the administration would definitely take some concrete steps to address the problem of drinking water in a phased manner.

All of us know that you did this noble deed for your satisfaction but who knows that your initiative may bring greater relief for the people of that area.
shobhitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 12:29   #22
ISO
BANNED

No body has seen God but there are God like people in this world like you. Blessings of the villagers are like never ending Fix Deposit in your account.

Also when we are going to realize importance of trees? If we can not plant new trees OK but at least don't cut existing trees. In above pics I see no green color.

Last edited by ISO : 28th May 2016 at 12:33.
ISO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 20:02   #23
BHPian

This is how a small effort from one person can bring a great change in someone's life. I'm inspired. Keep up the good work!
amitjha086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 22:17   #24
BHPian

Take a bow Sir!!

Anyone can donate money but doing it phsically is a different ball game altogether. You and DK have spent an entire day in this effort carrying and distributing the water bottles and biscuits. Hats off!
The joy in bringing smiles on their face is simply great. Nothing can give more satisfaction than that.
Hope I can emulate you Sir.
Thanks
Madhav
maddyoni10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 23:31   #25
BHPian

Honestly, take a bow sir! People like you are really needed on this planet. As others rightly mentioned that everybody can donate money but there are only a few who would take out time from their busy schedule and devote them in helping the needy. I believe,we all have spotted the difference in smile of a beggar when we give him money and when we give him some food to eat. Hat's off to you sir. Please keep doing such deeds!
IndiaSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 01:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

That's just such an awesome work, Kudos guy's really. I myself have passed through such villages which are in really remote areas where i don't even know the names of the places, Its just sad to see how people live in these places, No water, No electricity, No private toilets etc.

I don't mind joining in with you the next time you plan to go, Really.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 03:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaSierra View Post
I believe,we all have spotted the difference in smile of a beggar when we give him money and when we give him some food to eat.
IndiaSierra, Bad Comparison buddy. Don't malign Pranav and DK's effort and the fact that all those folks in the pictures are really not looking for alms. All of them would have worked their butts off looking for water. Most folks here will take offense to the usage of "beggers" word.

Unsolicited Advice : Don't offer anything to beggars, NEVER! . That 1/2 rupees you give to them won't bring your sin count, it only increments it. You will continue to be a sinner

Try this instead : offer the beggar 25/50 bucks to clean your car or anything else, chances are they will insist on Rs 1 instead of 50. If you can, go to interior Punjab and try finding a beggar there and you will know why I went off on this tangent.
pawanarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 06:54   #28
BHPian

First a big applause for your willingness in helping the deserved ones. It's very rare to see such helping tendency in many places. Continue your heart's voice and get good blessings from those deserving souls.
VishJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 09:39   #29
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaSierra View Post
I believe,we all have spotted the difference in smile of a beggar when we give him money and when we give him some food to eat.
Indeed bad comparison.

Do you look poor farmers like beggars? Because of them we get food to eat. Many farmers have committed suicide than becoming beggar.
ISO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 14:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
Indeed bad comparison.

Do you look poor farmers like beggars? Because of them we get food to eat. Many farmers have committed suicide than becoming beggar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawanarya View Post
IndiaSierra, Bad Comparison buddy. Don't malign Pranav and DK's effort and the fact that all those folks in the pictures are really not looking for alms. All of them would have worked their butts off looking for water. Most folks here will take offense to the usage of "beggers" word.
Extremely sorry if it sounded harsh. It was just a comparison. The farmers do not look like beggars at all. They work so hard so that we get to eat.
IndiaSierra is offline   Reply With Quote