Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2016, 13:43   #16
BHPian
 
sayakc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 113
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Simply brilliant, Golam!
Rated 5 stars and shared on Facebook too.

Mist filled hills, butterflies, green forests and yes, those Aloo Paranthas or that Dinner of Musur dal, hot served rice, Chicken er jhol...are special and hold so many memories.

Enjoyed it thoroughly sir.
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 17:23   #17
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 10
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Excellent travelogue & brilliant photographs! Rated 5 stars.
WB surely have many hidden gem like Paren.

Looking at this picture, Joker from Dark Knight would have said, "Why so serious Reeha?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Day 5: Drive to Paren
My better half, our daughter Reeha and yours truly
Attachment 1520531
VaibhaoT is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 18:15   #18
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,186
Thanked: 3,620 Times
Default Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Well written, nice little travelogue of a beautiful place, thanks for sharing

Great pictures of the calm, serene places, must be an awesome sight when you visited during the monsoons!

Is Bindu one of the entry points commonly used by tourists to visit Bhutan by road ?
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 18:59   #19
BHPian
 
lovecars21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Asansol
Posts: 145
Thanked: 732 Times
Post Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Excellent detailed Travelogue there! Rated 5 stars.
Like others said, while reading your travelogue I felt as if I was travelling with you.
I could even imagine my Aspire aka Musty parked beside your Estilo at Paren Resort
Paren seems to be a perfect place for monsoon drive.

Kolkata Chapter TLs are raining this monsoon. Keep it up
lovecars21 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 21:18   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Wonderful travelogue!

May you travel on hundreds of such journeys, and may you continue to write such enchanting travelogues!

Paren was completely phoren to me. I have spent a few years in Kolkata and had never even heard of this place. And I considered myself an expert traveller

This forum is indeed humbling

~Umashankar
us.dash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 22:13   #21
BHPian
 
gmhossain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kalyani, WB
Posts: 188
Thanked: 595 Times
Default Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maju View Post
very interesting travelogue. after reading, i feel like i had travelled from kozhikode(kerala) to paren.
Thank you maju. I am glad that you have enjoyed it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Very nice & crisp narration Hossain Sa'ab. Your narration did take us along with you on your journey. North Bengal has some very nice places like these where one can for weekend.

So NH34 according to you is fully traversable ? Also, what does the checkpost at Jhalong check ?
Thank you Pawan for your appreciation. It was fun reading your recent Ladakh experience. After the resurfacing of Krishnanagar-Baharampur section, NH-34 was in its best shape as a whole in this summer. Given monsoon has kicked in now, there would be some rain damages in next few months. At the check post, they did not check anything for us and simply allowed to us drive through.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Please cross post some photos in this (West Bengal - A treasure for tourists) thread so that more people are benefited.
Regards,
Yeah, sure! I will do it in next few days.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Simply brilliant, Golam! Rated 5 stars and shared on Facebook too. Mist filled hills, butterflies, green forests and yes, those Aloo Paranthas or that Dinner of Musur dal, hot served rice, Chicken er jhol...are special and hold so many memories.
Thank you Sayak. You are a master of writing; be it a travelogue or a comment!


Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
Excellent travelogue & brilliant photographs! Rated 5 stars! WB surely have many hidden gem like Paren.

Looking at this picture, Joker from Dark Knight would have said, "Why so serious Reeha?"
Thank you VaibhaoT. Yeah, she looks serious in the picture. Actually, she had fallen asleep in the car when we had reached there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Well written, nice little travelogue of a beautiful place, thanks for sharing. Great pictures of the calm, serene places, must be an awesome sight when you visited during the monsoons! Is Bindu one of the entry points commonly used by tourists to visit Bhutan by road ?
Thank you NPV for the appreciation. At Bindu there was a pathway over the dam. We saw locals crossing over it in both directions. However, we were told by a security staff that the pathway was off-limit to the tourists. The regular entry point for tourists to enter Bhutan by road is at Phuntsholing, around 120 km from Bindu towards east.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
Excellent detailed Travelogue there! Rated 5 stars. Like others said, while reading your travelogue I felt as if I was travelling with you.
I could even imagine my Aspire aka Musty parked beside your Estilo at Paren Resort
Paren seems to be a perfect place for monsoon drive.
Thank you Arunasish. I was awestruck while reading your recent Ladakh travelogue. Yes, your Musty would look brilliant at Paren.


Quote:
Originally Posted by us.dash View Post
Wonderful travelogue! May you travel on hundreds of such journeys, and may you continue to write such enchanting travelogues! Paren was completely phoren to me. I have spent a few years in Kolkata and had never even heard of this place. And I considered myself an expert.

~Umashankar
Thank you Umashankar. It is my pleasure that you have enjoyed it. I agree with you, Paren is not a very common destination.
gmhossain is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 22:16   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,112
Thanked: 2,167 Times
Default Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Wonderful travelogue and a super trip. You have saved me a trip to this location!!
1100D is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 22:40   #23
BHPian
 
vdm295's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: India
Posts: 73
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Paren seems to be a very nice destination away from the city & pollution free environment. This place looks very green & gives a very soothing feel to the eyes.
It was nice hearing that West Bengal tourism department is taking all efforts to attract tourism by making the place of stay more comfortable. Last but not the least you have added another beautiful destination for me on my must visit list.

Last edited by vdm295 : 30th June 2016 at 22:44.
vdm295 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 01:29   #24
BHPian
 
Samba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 770
Thanked: 3,771 Times
Default Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Awesome travelogue. The pics you have shared, pretty much sums up the beautiful essence of this place.

Dooars in monsoon is beautiful. I can feel the way you enjoyed the trip. The pics of the very basic yet clean rooms with all the needful amenities and the simple yet tasty foods make these trips more worth. Am sure none will love the extra comfort of a star hotel in these places. Atleast i will love the way you did the trip. The sole purpose of these trips are to stay connected with nature. Away from the city chaos, staying amidst of the lush green Himalayan foot hills and enjoying the sound of nature while its raining is price less.

Rated 5*

Edit- Hope to meet you on 24th July at the Team Bhp monsoon meet!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ly-2016-a.html (Kolkata Monsoon Meet - 24th July, 2016)

Last edited by Samba : 1st July 2016 at 01:40.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 22:25   #25
Newbie
 
Bageera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: KA-05/KL-07
Posts: 23
Thanked: 12 Times
Thumbs up Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Great Travelogue & pics. Rated 5 stars!

The place really looks good and I think the highlight is its still not commercialized as other hill stations. You can really connect with nature. Appreciate WB Tourism in putting efforts to maintain the infrastructure.
Bageera is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 16:11   #26
BHPian
 
noo.b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 58
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Lovely work gmhossain, the pictures were beautiful too, especially the ones with the butterflies in the foliage and the one pic of the ferns.
noo.b is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 22:19   #27
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,707
Thanked: 3,933 Times
Default Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Beautiful, these are a sight for our sore eyes. Sore seeing all this concrete and the harsh sun.

I just love these quaint destinations, they have a charm of their own. I prefer these to popular and touristy destinations.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016, 22:41   #28
BHPian
 
gmhossain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kalyani, WB
Posts: 188
Thanked: 595 Times
Default Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Wonderful travelogue and a super trip. You have saved me a trip to this location!!
Thank you Anirban. I hope, you will take your Marengo there someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm295 View Post
Paren seems to be a very nice destination away from the city & pollution free environment. This place looks very green & gives a very soothing feel to the eyes. It was nice hearing that West Bengal tourism department is taking all efforts to attract tourism by making the place of stay more comfortable. Last but not the least you have added another beautiful destination for me on my must visit list.
Thank you vdm295. Indeed, current government is putting some efforts to improve tourism infrastructure in WB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Awesome travelogue. The pics you have shared, pretty much sums up the beautiful essence of this place.

Dooars in monsoon is beautiful. I can feel the way you enjoyed the trip. The pics of the very basic yet clean rooms with all the needful amenities and the simple yet tasty foods make these trips more worth. Am sure none will love the extra comfort of a star hotel in these places. Atleast i will love the way you did the trip. The sole purpose of these trips are to stay connected with nature. Away from the city chaos, staying amidst of the lush green Himalayan foot hills and enjoying the sound of nature while its raining is price less.

Edit- Hope to meet you on 24th July at the Team Bhp monsoon meet!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ly-2016-a.html (Kolkata Monsoon Meet - 24th July, 2016)
Thank you very much Samba. Surely, I would love to attend one of the Kolkata Team-BHP meet sometime. Let me see whether I can make it to the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageera View Post
Great Travelogue & pics. Rated 5 stars!
The place really looks good and I think the highlight is its still not commercialized as other hill stations. You can really connect with nature. Appreciate WB Tourism in putting efforts to maintain the infrastructure.
Thank you Bageera. You are right, definitely this hill is much less commercialized compared to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noo.b View Post
Lovely work gmhossain, the pictures were beautiful too, especially the ones with the butterflies in the foliage and the one pic of the ferns.
Thank you noo.b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Beautiful, these are a sight for our sore eyes. Sore seeing all this concrete and the harsh sun. I just love these quaint destinations, they have a charm of their own. I prefer these to popular and touristy destinations.

Thank you Sheel. I fully agree with you. I find these places to be much more rejuvenating than the crowded tourist places.
gmhossain is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2016, 17:40   #29
BHPian
 
pduttaghy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 47
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Wonderful TL gmhossain. Your pictures have depicted the place so beautifully that I am getting tempted to make a plan to Paren immediately. May I ask when did you do this trip? Was it very recent? I am asking mainly because if I plan to take this trip two weeks down the line will it be possible or because of monsoons reaching Paren may be difficult.
pduttaghy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 21:46   #30
BHPian
 
gmhossain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kalyani, WB
Posts: 188
Thanked: 595 Times
Default Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduttaghy View Post
Wonderful TL gmhossain. Your pictures have depicted the place so beautifully that I am getting tempted to make a plan to Paren immediately. May I ask when did you do this trip? Was it very recent? I am asking mainly because if I plan to take this trip two weeks down the line will it be possible or because of monsoons reaching Paren may be difficult.
Thanks a lot pduttaghy. We visited Paren between May 16 and May 18, 2016. There were pre-monsoon rain even during our trip. Given monsoon has kicked in fully now, I am not sure how much rain damages to the road are expected in the region. However, I don't recall seeing any stretch of the road which was evidently landslide-prone.

Best,
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
At the International Border - With an XUV500 to International Border Pillar No. 609 nndp87 Travelogues 34 25th March 2016 14:33
4th Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2011 Saurabh M Indian Motorsport 43 26th April 2012 23:02
Jammu, Suchetgarh, the Indo-Pak Border & more deky Travelogues 25 10th April 2012 12:09
3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010 Saurabh M Indian Motorsport 191 14th May 2010 12:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks