Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 28th June 2016, 09:09   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Ladakh Reloaded: 4 friends, a Figo Aspire & an Amaze

Sorry for not posting earlier though I had been following this thread from day one. Went through it several times. Fantastic travelogue, rated 5 stars. Arun, you are an inspiration for the sedan drivers out there!
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 13:11   #47
BHPian

Mind blowing post. Congrats Arun and Arnab and to your life partners. Truly a Ladakh region travelogue can't get more comprehensive than this. Turtuk Village, Hanle, Merak are not the places one associates with a Ladakh travel diary. The Indian Astronomical Observatory pictures from Hanle are truly a first in Team BHP. Fantastic and almost unthinkable that you both accomplished this trip with your families. Says something about the spirit of the ladies. Awesome pictures and videos...
venkatt1800 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 13:55   #48
BHPian

What a fantastic travelogue!. Stuff of dreams to be able to take two weeks off and go on a trip like this. What makes it that extra bit special is that, it was done with sedans and not some hefty SUVs.
Kudos to yourselves and your other halves for taking up the adventure.
Thank you for the amazing photographs and a detailed log.
Keep driving and traveling.
Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 18:04   #49
BHPian

Very well written! With some mind-blowing pictures. The aspect of this travelogue which I admired the most is your attention to details. I noticed that in a few places you have done walk-in bookings of your hotel. Does these hotels always have occupancy even during peak season, or then one has to do advance booking?
Rated a well deserved 5 star!
IndiaSierra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 20:06   #50
BHPian

Who says there is no monsoon activity in Kolkata , it seems to be raining Ladakh ! Superb trip and a great travelogue , rated a well deserved 5 stars.

I agree with you about Turtuk , the greenery and beauty is amazing. The runway at Thoise looks fantastic from the road , pity that it cannot be photographed being a restricted area. Do they issue permits these days via Chumur and into Tso Moriri while returning from Hanle ?
DriveTrain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 22:01   #51
BHPian

Smile Re: Ladakh Reloaded: 4 friends, a Figo Aspire & an Amaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Sorry for not posting earlier though I had been following this thread from day one. Went through it several times. Fantastic travelogue, rated 5 stars. Arun, you are an inspiration for the sedan drivers out there!
Your feedback matters! Thanks boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
Mind blowing post. Congrats Arun and Arnab and to your life partners. Truly a Ladakh region travelogue can't get more comprehensive than this.
Thanks for the appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
What a fantastic travelogue!. Stuff of dreams to be able to take two weeks off and go on a trip like this. What makes it that extra bit special is that, it was done with sedans and not some hefty SUVs.
Kudos to yourselves and your other halves for taking up the adventure.
Thank you for the amazing photographs and a detailed log.
Keep driving and traveling.
Cheerio!
Thank you. Yes, without our respective better halves neither the trip nor the travelogue would have been a hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaSierra View Post
I noticed that in a few places you have done walk-in bookings of your hotel. Does these hotels always have occupancy even during peak season, or then one has to do advance booking?
Rated a well deserved 5 star!
Yes, during April to May hotel are easily available. May end to September is the peak season. Its best to book hotels in advance if you plan to visit during that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
Who says there is no monsoon activity in Kolkata , it seems to be raining Ladakh ! Superb trip and a great travelogue , rated a well deserved 5 stars.

Do they issue permits these days via Chumur and into Tso Moriri while returning from Hanle ?
Frankly speaking I don't have much idea about the Chumur route. Almost all cars and cabs visiting Tso Moriri came via Tso Kiagar.
lovecars21 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 22:31   #52
BHPian

@ lovecars21 Arun I am going through your entire travelogue again and the feeling is that if I am reading it for the first time. I can relate to your experience as I too have driven a sedan (Swift Dzire) extensively in the tribal hinterlands of Himachal Pradesh covering the entire Lahaul & Spiti, Pangi and Kinnaur region but nonetheless nothing can beat the charm of visiting the cold desert of Ladakh. Your consecutive Ladakh trips are a fuel for the petrolheads.

Anyways here are the links to my two travelogues in the above said regions. Do pay a visit to these areas, you will for sure relive the thrills and adventures albeit from a different perspective.

Link to the Spiti Valley trip: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ure-sedan.html (Julley! Himalayan Spiti Adventure in a sedan)

Link to Pangi Valley & Lahaul Valley trip: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...fulfilled.html (Over the Sach Pass in a sedan: A ‘Dzire’ fulfilled!)
ssambyal1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 23:13   #53
BHPian

Smile Re: Ladakh Reloaded: 4 friends, a Figo Aspire & an Amaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssambyal1980 View Post
@ lovecars21
Anyways here are the links to my two travelogues in the above said regions. Do pay a visit to these areas, you will for sure relive the thrills and adventures albeit from a different perspective.

Link to the Spiti Valley trip: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ure-sedan.html (Julley! Himalayan Spiti Adventure in a sedan)

Link to Pangi Valley & Lahaul Valley trip: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...fulfilled.html (Over the Sach Pass in a sedan: A ‘Dzire’ fulfilled!)
Both the travelogues seems to be teasure for travellers like us. Thanks a lot. They would surely help me while planning Spiti circuit.
lovecars21 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 09:42   #54
BHPian

Amazing pics .... Very detailed descriptions .. will be a boon for people who will travel in future.
SDee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 12:26   #55
BHPian

Nice write-up! Hats off to you for conquering this terrain twice and your patience in driving through those roads is appreciable.
It was nice to meet you twice during this journey, and hope you recall these meets

Ladakh Reloaded: 4 friends, a Figo Aspire & an Amaze-dsc_0334-modified.jpg
Aficionados is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2016, 21:38   #56
BHPian

Arunasish, all I want to say is that doing a drive to Ladakh is a dream for every Car Enthusiast. You made this dream of yours come true back in 2015 with your Ford Figo and now again in 2016 you opted to do Ladakh in your new Ford Figo Aspire and that too with a much more hectic schedule and a tougher route. Kudos to you Bro !! I know Ladakh is addictive and that you are making this a habit !! Good to see the Amaze fairing well in that terrain too.

I am presuming your's is the first Aspire that has been to Ladakh. You guys must have caught a lot of eyes of the locals and of the tourists. Amazing set of pictures do the icing on the cake in this travelogue. Specially the Ford Endevour in those pictures looks awesome.

Rated a well deserved 5* !! Keep Aspiring Keep Conquering Keep Achieving !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 11:18   #57

This is a brilliant write-up Arunasish !! Great detailing, even better photographs. I have gone through the TL thrice !!

Looking forward to meet you in person.

Saptarshi.
peterasn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2016, 21:15   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

So, its raining Leh/Ladakh TLs in team-bhp, that too many from Kolkata this time. And whenever I go through these TLs, I start dreaming about my drive to Ladakh.

Very nicely written and superb pics. Amaze and Aspire looks nice together.
arun_josie is online now   Reply With Quote