Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2016, 11:04   #46
BHPian
 
psurelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 237
Thanked: 438 Times
Default Re: Kolkata to Ladakh & Siachen in a Duster AWD

Super awesome travelogue PB! Rated it a well deserved 5*. Nowadays TBHP is flooded with Ladakh Travelogues and I kind of lost the motivation to read them. Started looking through the photographs as I do with most Ladakh travelogues (since almost all Ladakh travelogues are full of stunning pictures). Then I came across a few pictures which are different from other Ladakh TLs, e.g. the carwash, the Peer-ki-gali, the drive down to Indus, the SBC and the quoted texts about the SBC. These prompted me that there is probably something interesting waiting in the story and I started reading it. And oh boy, what a journey you had! We need to catch up soon to hear the parts of the story that did not find place in the few posts here. I must admit that you are almost as skilled with the pen as you are with the wheel.
psurelia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2016, 09:39   #47
BHPian
 
PapaBravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KOL-DEL-LKO
Posts: 423
Thanked: 1,400 Times
Default Re: Kolkata to Ladakh & Siachen in a Duster AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
A beautiful travelogue, PapaBravo !! The pics are also superb and it seems that Hulk was made for the trip.

Wishing you lots more wonderful trips ...and many more TLs for us to enjoy !!
Thank You for the comments TheStranger. Hulk felt at home in the terrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_BHP View Post
Another excellent travelogue , and the doer has painstakingly shot photographs in sub zero temperatures to add substance to the blog . Nicely carried out and narrated . The traveler has also highlighted the problems, issue and challenges en-route the entire trip which would definitely be of guidance for readers here. Thank you and keep writing more such blogs. All the best !!!
Thank you for the appreciation ashish_BHP. I am glad you like the photographs & narration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
Super awesome travelogue PB! Rated it a well deserved 5*. Nowadays TBHP is flooded with Ladakh Travelogues and I kind of lost the motivation to read them. Started looking through the photographs as I do with most Ladakh travelogues (since almost all Ladakh travelogues are full of stunning pictures). Then I came across a few pictures which are different from other Ladakh TLs, e.g. the carwash, the Peer-ki-gali, the drive down to Indus, the SBC and the quoted texts about the SBC. These prompted me that there is probably something interesting waiting in the story and I started reading it. And oh boy, what a journey you had! We need to catch up soon to hear the parts of the story that did not find place in the few posts here. I must admit that you are almost as skilled with the pen as you are with the wheel.
Thanks a lot PS. I am glad you went through the whole TL. The journey was wonderful. We shall meet soon. Lots of stories to be shared.

Regards,

Pawan

Last edited by PapaBravo : 4th July 2016 at 09:40. Reason: Spelling
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2016, 21:28   #48
BHPian
 
AJ-got-BHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 603
Thanked: 2,387 Times
Default Re: Kolkata to Ladakh & Siachen in a Duster AWD

Finally got some time off from my gambit of affairs to go through your travelogue in detail. Brilliant Travelogue there Pawan with some amazing pictures which made me nostalgic and made me relive all those moments of my Ladakh Trip Last Year in 2015 !!

Your trip to the Siachen Base Camp is something that not everyone can be fortunate of doing. You are blessed to have been there and lived the moments which must not be captured in your camera but which will always be with you as a cherished life time experience.

Rated a Well Deserved 5* and wishing you many more miles munching with The Hulk which has crossed 25,000 Kms today !! Cheers !!

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 4th July 2016 at 21:28. Reason: Changes
AJ-got-BHP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 01:16   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,358 Times
Default Re: Kolkata to Ladakh & Siachen in a Duster AWD

This Travelogue proves that one can never have enough of Ladakh. Even if its raining travelogues on it, Ladakh always manages to shine and provide little bit of surprises each time.

I am sure even if this was your second stint, there wasn't a single bit of boredom.

The thread rightfully is already rated at 5 stars (so not having to do anything on that front!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post

We did not have SBC in our initial itinerary & therefore were short of fuel & running behind one day in our schedule. Now as expressed inn my previous TLs, we do not like hurrying up a lot. So it was decided that we would strike off Hanle & Tso Moriri from our itinerary. Another day, another trip.


Absolutely, this is probably the only right way to approach the Geography. You have to let it in, more importantly, it has to let you in. You cant just hotfoot yourself from one point to another and ticking the checklist, although most of us are forced to do that due to our Job/Vacation restrictions and limitations.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post

Signing off till the next one

Regards,

Pawan
Will wait eagerly for it. Wish both of you countless such beautiful memories to cherish for life.
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2016, 09:56   #50
BHPian
 
PapaBravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KOL-DEL-LKO
Posts: 423
Thanked: 1,400 Times
Default Re: Kolkata to Ladakh & Siachen in a Duster AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Finally got some time off from my gambit of affairs to go through your travelogue in detail. Brilliant Travelogue there Pawan with some amazing pictures which made me nostalgic and made me relive all those moments of my Ladakh Trip Last Year in 2015 !!

Your trip to the Siachen Base Camp is something that not everyone can be fortunate of doing. You are blessed to have been there and lived the moments which must not be captured in your camera but which will always be with you as a cherished life time experience.

Rated a Well Deserved 5* and wishing you many more miles munching with The Hulk which has crossed 25,000 Kms today !! Cheers !!
Thanks AJ. Seems we are reciprocating each other in making nostalgic with Sikkim & Ladakh. Siachen indeed was a once in a life opportunity & the moments spent their will always be cherished.

With 25k, Hulk has seen more road in less than a year than the Brio saw in almost 2.5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
This Travelogue proves that one can never have enough of Ladakh. Even if its raining travelogues on it, Ladakh always manages to shine and provide little bit of surprises each time.

I am sure even if this was your second stint, there wasn't a single bit of boredom.

Absolutely. Ladakh never ceases to surprise you. There is still so much to explore in that region.

Quote:

The thread rightfully is already rated at 5 stars (so not having to do anything on that front!)

Will wait eagerly for it. Wish both of you countless such beautiful memories to cherish for life.
Thank you so much. Coming from you it means a lot !! Before mine comes, will be waiting for yours, the sneak peek of which has been seen on the social network.

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
East to West (Kolkata - Amritsar) in a Duster AWD PapaBravo Travelogues 12 4th April 2016 11:01
Jullay! Our unplanned trip to Ladakh in a Duster AWD GhostRider28 Travelogues 36 26th October 2015 18:59
Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15) sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 307 15th October 2014 13:52
Renault Duster AWD - Quick test report nikhilmadgavkar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 13th October 2014 10:56
"Kolkata - Leh - Kolkata * Interested Kolkata TBHP Members. Captdey Route / Travel Queries 17 17th May 2010 23:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks