Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 9th August 2017, 07:29   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My monsoon solo: 2000 km & 7 days of wandering through Konkan, Goa and Western Karnataka

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghosh80 View Post
Dr AD, I am driving to Ganapatipule from Bangalore on this Friday night and planning to drive via Chorla ghar instead of Kolhapur route. Do you think this will be a good idea? Apart from some additional hours, I don't see any other issue
There is no issue except for quite a few additional hours. On the other hand, you will see more of the Konkan and of course, Goa as well. If you want to do that and add a couple of days to the itinerary to do so, I suggest a round trip where you return via the fastest way to get on to NH4 from Ganapatipule, which is via Kolhapur. NH4 is by far the fastest road of all that run north from Bangalore towards Konkan.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 10:28   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: My monsoon solo: 2000 km & 7 days of wandering through Konkan, Goa and Western Karnataka

Quote:
Dr AD, I am driving to Ganapatipule from Bangalore on this Friday night and planning to drive via Chorla ghar instead of Kolhapur route. Do you think this will be a good idea?
Basically by taking Chorla, you will mostly miss the Amboli Ghats. Over the last few weeks (Months) rains have ensured this region to display its true beauty with a lot of greenery and waterfalls.

Chorla in itself is a beautiful ghat but if you are headed to Ganapatipule, take the Amboli Ghats and experience it.

Beyond additional hours, you will drive more on NH17 (now 66) while with Amboli you will hit that at the other end of Sawantwadi Bypass.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 12:34   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
There is no issue except for quite a few additional hours. On the other hand, you will see more of the Konkan and of course, Goa as well. If you want to do that and add a couple of days to the itinerary to do so, I suggest a round trip where you return via the fastest way to get on to NH4 from Ganapatipule, which is via Kolhapur. NH4 is by far the fastest road of all that run north from Bangalore towards Konkan.
Thank you very much for confirming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Basically by taking Chorla, you will mostly miss the Amboli Ghats. Over the last few weeks (Months) rains have ensured this region to display its true beauty with a lot of greenery and waterfalls.

Chorla in itself is a beautiful ghat but if you are headed to Ganapatipule, take the Amboli Ghats and experience it.

Beyond additional hours, you will drive more on NH17 (now 66) while with Amboli you will hit that at the other end of Sawantwadi Bypass.
Thank you Parag Sir for your suggestion. So to take Amboli Ghat, which route I need to take? Do I need to take detour before or after Belagavi? I know I am asking too much but if possible, please help me with the route.
dghosh80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 12:53   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So to take Amboli Ghat, which route I need to take? Do I need to take detour before or after Belagavi? I know I am asking too much but if possible, please help me with the route.
You have 2 Options:

- Enter Belgaum via Khanapur Road and then take the road to Chandgadh and then Amboli

- Take the Bauxite road to reach Changadh and then Amboli

Both these roads are in good shape and depending on the time of the day, whether you need to take a break here, you can decide the best one to take. Both are feasible choices because latest posts also say that Bauxite road is in good shape.

You can read posts on this thread - Post 3884 onward. We have discussed various points about these options. It should surely help you decide.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4241011 (Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries)

...And, call me Parag

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th August 2017 at 12:55.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 18:09   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You have 2 Options:

- Enter Belgaum via Khanapur Road and then take the road to Chandgadh and then Amboli

- Take the Bauxite road to reach Changadh and then Amboli

Both these roads are in good shape and depending on the time of the day, whether you need to take a break here, you can decide the best one to take. Both are feasible choices because latest posts also say that Bauxite road is in good shape.

...And, call me Parag
Thank you Parag for helping me with the route. In most probable case, I should be reaching around Belgaum at approx. 7 AM and planning to take Khanapur road, Chandgad, Amboli and finally to Ganapatipule. Hope this is fine?
dghosh80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 18:19   #96
Senior - BHPian

There is a simpler route if you want to try it: stay on the highway and bypass/go past Belgaum for maybe 50 or so kms towards Kolhapur, till you reach Sankeshwar where you take a left and get on to the road that takes you to Gadinglaj - Ajra - Amboli.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 05:29   #97
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hello Dr.AD, You did a solo travel. However, while reading it, I felt like I am with you. The moments you captured are priceless. I wish one day I can follow the same route but not alone :-)

The places you went, mostly everything written in Hindi, including milestones. That could be an issue for people who are unable to read in Hindi.
hok kolorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017, 06:37   #98
BHPian

This seems to be the most popular thread on Konkan. I am looking for homestay options in Ganpatiphule and Tarkali which can provide customized homely food as per our requirements. Would really appreciate feedback on this.
dpkbehera is offline   Reply With Quote