Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2016, 06:49   #16
BHPian
 
Syed_Munazzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 40
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: Skydiving in Dubai - An exhilarating experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post

Did your tandem master give you a chance to control the parachute and do some turns? Mine did and it was crazy doing 180 degree flips on your own.
Thank You Manas! How was it in Ireland ? Do you mind sharing some pictures of your jump ?
I was so overwhelmed with the view that I missed and completely forgot to ask for the control and neither did he offer. Will surely do it the next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramanjit View Post
Lovely pictures accompanied by an equally crisp narrative. Sky diving may be on the bucket list of many but it does require some guts to actually do it. I am glad that you could overcome your fears and do the jump. Do you have to give a medical certificate also? Just wondering.
It is not as scary as it looks. The fear is only till the last moment,just before the exit and the entire build up to it. Then adrenaline takes over. The closest that you can relate to is the feeling of wind hitting your hand when you put it outside the window of a fast moving car. Exactly the same feeling in a much more intensified form spread through out your body.

No, medical certificates are required only for those above 60 years of age and those suffering from any ailments.
Syed_Munazzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2016, 13:10   #17
Newbie
 
iwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 6
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Skydiving in Dubai - An exhilarating experience!

Munazzir, congrats on your brave stunt in Dubai and that too on your birthday. It should have been an awesome experience, and selecting Dubai for its view definitely is worth the effort. Seeing nature and man made miracles from a height of 13000ft is an experience to carry through out ones life. It should have felt like being born again. Belated happy returns.
iwanderer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2016, 20:01   #18
BHPian
 
AJ-got-BHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 507
Thanked: 1,628 Times
Default Re: Skydiving in Dubai - An exhilarating experience!

Hey Syed !! Welcome to Team-BHP !! Your 1st thread in the Forum and what a way to start

Loved every bit of the experience that you have shared and the pictures are just brilliant and self explanatory to the thrilling experience that you must have had. Your thread will push other members in the community to gather the requisite courage in order to undertake such a flight where one can just throw oneself out of the window, oops sorry the door and overcome their fears just as you did.

Rated a well deserved 5*
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2016, 07:06   #19
BHPian
 
autonarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hyd/NYC
Posts: 59
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Skydiving in Dubai - An exhilarating experience!

Very nice thread and pictures, Syed.

May wind up doing a stopover on my next India trip, but may be cutting it close on the BMI qualifier
autonarr is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2016, 15:47   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 717 Times
Default Re: Skydiving in Dubai - An exhilarating experience!

Me and my wife went sky diving last year in Prague. Its a great experience indeed!!

The 2-3 months of advance booking time could be a problem for many but in Prague I saw many people walking in to book a slot for the very next day. I myself had booked it just a week in advance.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2016, 14:03   #21
BHPian
 
Syed_Munazzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 40
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: Skydiving in Dubai - An exhilarating experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanderer View Post
Munazzir, congrats on your brave stunt in Dubai and that too on your birthday.Belated happy returns.
Thank you iwanderer for the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Hey Syed !! Welcome to Team-BHP !! Your 1st thread in the Forum and what a way to start

Loved every bit of the experience that you have shared and the pictures are just brilliant and self explanatory to the thrilling experience that you must have had. Your thread will push other members in the community to gather the requisite courage in order to undertake such a flight where one can just throw oneself out of the window, oops sorry the door and overcome their fears just as you did.

Rated a well deserved 5*
Thank you Arav

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonarr View Post
Very nice thread and pictures, Syed.

May wind up doing a stopover on my next India trip, but may be cutting it close on the BMI qualifier
Thanks autonarr.
Yes, do give it a thought. Its a wonderful experience.All the best. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Me and my wife went sky diving last year in Prague. Its a great experience indeed!!

The 2-3 months of advance booking time could be a problem for many but in Prague I saw many people walking in to book a slot for the very next day. I myself had booked it just a week in advance.
Awesome! I'm sure you too would have loved the thrill.
They normally do not entertain walk-in's.Its a busy place. But if one is lucky then they may be in with a chance.
Syed_Munazzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2016, 14:21   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 717 Times
Default Re: Skydiving in Dubai - An exhilarating experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed_Munazzir View Post
The cost is 1999 AED.
I somehow missed on this. 1999 AED means ~36k while in Prague we did it for half the price, 250 Euros each.

If one doesn't want a video then its cheaper by another 50 Euros at least. For folks who are planning a trip to Europe anytime soon, club it with that trip and you might just save 250 Euros flat.

Don't we have skydiving in Lonavla or somewhere near Mumbai, I think that too is for about 24-25k PP last I checked.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 08:36   #23
BHPian
 
Syed_Munazzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 40
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: Skydiving in Dubai - An exhilarating experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I somehow missed on this. 1999 AED means ~36k while in Prague we did it for half the price, 250 Euros each.

If one doesn't want a video then its cheaper by another 50 Euros at least. For folks who are planning a trip to Europe anytime soon, club it with that trip and you might just save 250 Euros flat.

Don't we have skydiving in Lonavla or somewhere near Mumbai, I think that too is for about 24-25k PP last I checked.
Agreed.It's pretty expensive and other drop zones offer it for a cheaper price.

Not sure about Lonavla, but there is one in Mysore, Karnataka. Skydiving as a sport is still not well established in India. In my opinion it's better to try this out elsewhere.
Syed_Munazzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skydiving - Where and how tsk1979 Shifting gears 29 10th December 2012 17:11
Exhilarating Hot Air Balloon Adventure Ride in Colorado! athanedar Travelogues 4 2nd August 2012 19:41
First Super Bus Received in Dubai for Traveling from Dubai to Abu Dhabi in 30 min kphilip The International Automotive Scene 6 22nd June 2011 16:31
Hyderabad to Goa - An exhilarating experience (Now updated with Photos) Zappo Travelogues 135 28th February 2010 22:32
Dubai - Liwa - Dubai milindajp Travelogues 7 26th May 2009 14:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks