Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 14th March 2017, 17:04   #16
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Kolkata to Ladakh in our Mahindra Thar

Superb travelogue Navtej. Its always a dream for everyone to have a road trip to this region. Awesome pictures with clear sky.. Rated 5*.
PointZero is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 18:08   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Kolkata to Ladakh in our Mahindra Thar

Amazing travelogue Navtej.
Quite long and detailed with plenty of pictures. Felt very much motivated to make as similar trip.

Liked and 5*rated
Keep it up.
Myth_sx is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 19:01   #18
BHPian

Super travelogue and pictures! Made me nostalgic of my Leh trip in 2009.

Can you share feedback about the Thar? Was the performance sufficient? How were the comfort levels?
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 19:26   #19
BHPian

Just wow!
The first trip after getting married is to Ladakh and that too in a Thar! Things cant get better! Hats off to both of your spirits. Wish both of you thousands of happy miles together in the future.
And lastly the travelogue is really awesome. The pics, the narration all are excellent. Kudos to you.
Rated 5*.

Last edited by Samba : 14th March 2017 at 19:28.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 21:40   #20
BHPian

Excellent Travelogue with awesome pictures. Cudos to both of you for enduring the journey to heaven and back with a smile.
After going through your TL it seems Ladakh is calling me again. 2015 and 2016; both drives to Ladakh had its different set fun and adventures. Ladakh is a place which I know if I visit again will give me another set of fun and adventure. Your travelogue is setting the fire back on!
It was nice sharing my experiences of Ladakh over a cup of tea at Topchachi.
Kolkata to Ladakh in our Mahindra Thar-dsc_5907.jpg
Kolkata to Ladakh in our Mahindra Thar-dsc_5908.jpg

As Samba mentioned in his comment "The first trip after getting married is to Ladakh and that too in a Thar! Things cant get better!" really nothing can bet that!

Rated 5*

Last edited by lovecars21 : 14th March 2017 at 21:42. Reason: Addition
lovecars21 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 22:36   #21
BHPian

Excellent thread Navtej. Rated the absolutely deserved five stars. Well detailed and definitely in my checklist for reference for my trip (if it ever happens, that is).

I couldn't help but notice that you travelled in August and it took seven months for the TL to roll out. Well, the length and details in the thread gives some reason for the delay. You definitely need a lot of time to compose and organise so much of information and those wonderful snaps. Great going.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 23:59   #22
BHPian

Very crisp narration with some beautiful pictures. That was one great drive you both had. Excellent, you have set yourself a bar which only you will maintain. Keep it up brother.

Need some more feedback on Thar, how did it performed, how was the comfort, any issues you had? Please whenever you get time, let us know. Thank you.
Shivanshu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 01:01   #23
BHPian

Absolutely beautiful travelogue Navtej bhai, the Thar in red is like a dream.
StallionAmit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 02:50   #24

Having the most well maintained Ikon, being the only couple to participate in the T4 ride, and now, doing a roadtrip to Ladakh, for your honeymoon, and that too, in a Thar ! You never fail to amaze me.
PriyanCAR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 16:43   #25
BHPian

Wonderful travel times. This is my dream too to drive to Ladakh with my wife and Thar (Well I need to get married first) . Thar makes an excellent vehicle for cross country trips like this because of its versatility and the only drawback i feel per se is how much you can fit or how many can you fit. A compromise o quantity of luggage or number of occupants, more so when its long journeys.
As far as that new 4WD Sensor you have told caused a niggle, I have changed it 3 times under warranty during my first year and still I am not sure when it is going to conk off again. Its really distracting especially when it starts to flicker. I infact drove for a couple of weeks with that sensor disconnected when awaiting spares.
Lovely pictures, the place is awesome. Hoping to make it soon and write down like this. Happy motoring.
Dr_MNC_SK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 19:02   #26
BHPian

What a way to celebrate your Nupitals ! Hats off to both of you and a belated Congratulations. Loved every bit of your fantastically written travelogue.

You seem to have given the other side of Khardungla and the grand Shanti Stupa a miss , was that for paucity of time ?
DriveTrain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 20:14   #27
BHPian

Wonderfully written travelogue Navtej. Splendid photographs of the awesome terrain. Maybe some day my turn will come ......

Rated 5 Stars.

Warm regards,

Siddhartha.
siddarthab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 22:02   #28

Nice travelogue! Great pictures and well written. Whenever I read such travelogues, it makes me to pack my bags and travel to new places. Hope one day I could do Ladakh trip in my Thar.

Kudos and Keep Driving!
Tharian@KP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 23:29   #29
BHPian

It's​ a marvelous travelogue Navtej! Thanks a lot for taking us through the moments of your journey along with​ beautiful narration and pictures. Your​ words are often straight from the heart and it makes your travelogue pleasurable to read. Wish both of you, a wonderful conjugal union!
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 23:40   #30

Beautiful travelogue Navtej. A trip to ladakh is like a dream to me. Your travelogue is like a catalyst ...
Sayata is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote