Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 13th March 2017, 10:48   #16
BHPian

Default Re: East-West drive to the native land : Toyota Etios from Kolkata to Rajasthan

Brilliant Arav. Awesome travelogue. Great pictures and your kids are really cute. Maybe we should have a tbhp meet in one of your Havelis
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 11:26   #17
BHPian

Default Re: East-West drive to the native land : Toyota Etios from Kolkata to Rajasthan

Excellent travelogue. Replying you live from my Rajasthan trip in my silver Etios! The pics are beautiful and the narration is just superb. Rated 5*.

Sharing a couple of pics from my ongoing trip from Jaisalmeer.

East-West drive to the native land : Toyota Etios from Kolkata to Rajasthan-img_6692.jpg

East-West drive to the native land : Toyota Etios from Kolkata to Rajasthan-img_6704.jpg
Samba is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 12:39   #18
BHPian

Mod note: Post edited, please avoid typing like... this... Thanks.

Awesome Travelogue Arav.

Went into nostalgia of my childhood RJ trip with my Mom and Dad. This terrain is yet to be explored after growing up.
Lovely pics, specially the Haveli one.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th March 2017 at 12:41.
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 18:36   #19

A truly different perspective view of Rajasthan. An achievement indeed. Thoroughly enjoyed reading this.
NomadicLife is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 18:46   #20

You made my day AJ-got-BHP ! What an awesome Travelogue ! wonderful pictures, excellent narration.

You made me hooked till the end as I finished it one go.

Rating well deserved 5 stars.
peterasn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 23:09   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome read over the Holi holidays, AJ. Spent most of the evening going through the details. Have been to many of the places you visited, in instalments of course, and your trip brought back memories of many trips for us. However, the most important among the places we haven't visited, are the colourful exquisitely painted and decorated Havelis of the Shekhawati region, your very own home included. I have fond memories of having visited and stayed in Sikar in the early '70s, but not had the opportunity to explore this region again. The next time you plan a visit, I promise you, I'll badger you till you agree to let me tag along!

Rated a 5*, but that isn't to bribe you into agreeing to take me along the next time!

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 13th March 2017 at 23:10.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 11:52   #22
BHPian

Wonderful report Arav. Your Haveli seems to be the next hot destination. We are lined up for that. Although I have been to Rajasthan multiple times on my business trips but have ever been able to explore much. Your TL will be immensely helpful in planning out our itinerary. Also, Mivann is sure one handsome lad. I am sure he will turn out to be a bigger petrolhead than you.

Lovely writing & great pictures again !!

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 16:07   #23
BHPian

Wow! Lovely pics coupled with a beautifully penned-down narration. Your Haveli indeed stands up to its name! And Kudos to you and your better-half for doing such long road trips with a tiny tot. The kids seem to enjoy the road-trips. It's in their blood, perhaps
satrikon_454 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 16:50   #24
BHPian

Thanks for sharing this epic. It was a complete visual treat resplendent with the beauty of Rajasthan, though if I might add - your Haveli seems to steal the show!
DriveTrain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 23:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Great pictures and your kids are really cute. Maybe we should have a tbhp meet in one of your Havelis
Thanks for the compliments !! A Team-BHP Meet indeed is perfect for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Replying you live from my Rajasthan trip in my silver Etios!
A live update Samba !! That's the way to go. Hope you go through the Travelogue in your free time once you are back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Went into nostalgia of my childhood RJ trip with my Mom and Dad. This terrain is yet to be explored after growing up.
Lovely pics, specially the Haveli one.
Thanks for the comment !! The terrain as in the roads are in excellent condition all throughout Rajasthan. Choose the correct season to go and you will love the getaway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicLife View Post
A truly different perspective view of Rajasthan. An achievement indeed. Thoroughly enjoyed reading this.
Not everyone gets that perspective correct. Glad I could get that correct which made you enjoy the read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterasn View Post
You made my day AJ-got-BHP ! What an awesome Travelogue ! wonderful pictures, excellent narration.

You made me hooked till the end as I finished it one go.
Thanks !!I doubt how many people would actually go through the entire travelogue considering the extensive content in it. Glad you read all through it and were hooked to it till the very end !! Thanks once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Awesome read over the Holi holidays, AJ. Spent most of the evening going through the details. Have been to many of the places you visited, in instalments of course, and your trip brought back memories of many trips for us. However, the most important among the places we haven't visited, are the colourful exquisitely painted and decorated Havelis of the Shekhawati region, your very own home included. I have fond memories of having visited and stayed in Sikar in the early '70s, but not had the opportunity to explore this region again. The next time you plan a visit, I promise you, I'll badger you till you agree to let me tag along!

Rated a 5*, but that isn't to bribe you into agreeing to take me along the next time!
Thanks for your wonderful comments SST !! A treat from you on my next visit to Delhi would be bribe enough, I guess. It would be my pleasure to accompany you to our native place; we shall plan that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Wonderful report Arav. Your Haveli seems to be the next hot destination. We are lined up for that. Although I have been to Rajasthan multiple times on my business trips but have ever been able to explore much. Your TL will be immensely helpful in planning out our itinerary. Also, Mivann is sure one handsome lad. I am sure he will turn out to be a bigger petrolhead than you.
Thanks Pawan !! I am elated to know that my Travelogue would actually add that value to the Forum and help people plan their trips to Rajasthan in the mere future. What better comment can one get. Kudos !!

I feel it runs in the blood and that Mivann already is at his best when he is in the car and it's moving. Sharing a picture of his when he would head straight to the Gear Lever whenever we brought him to the front seat, while being stuck in traffic or at a level crossing.

East-West drive to the native land : Toyota Etios from Kolkata to Rajasthan-img_2275.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrikon_454 View Post
Your Haveli indeed stands up to its name! And Kudos to you and your better-half for doing such long road trips with a tiny tot. The kids seem to enjoy the road-trips. It's in their blood, perhaps
Thanks for the appreciation !! Yeah, we got both our children accustomed to road tripping from an early age which makes such trips possible with them. I feel such trips will help them become better fuss free human beings with the kind of exposure they are getting at such an early age, from all aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
Thanks for sharing this epic. It was a complete visual treat resplendent with the beauty of Rajasthan, though if I might add - your Haveli seems to steal the show!
Thanks for the kind words !! Glad that you enjoyed every aspect of the travelogue.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 00:02   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Super travelogue and pictures as usual Arav! The amount of effort that you put in behind these travelogues is mind boggling. I got a bit nostalgic going through the pics as I had made this trip in 2013 January. I wish I had known you at that time, would definitely have visited your ancestral Haveli, but there is always a next time.

I remember this street in Nawalgarh. How far from this place will be your Haveli?

East-West drive to the native land : Toyota Etios from Kolkata to Rajasthan-rajasthan_1.jpg
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 09:16   #27
BHPian

Wow!, what a superb treat Arav!.
You have managed to take us through a detailed trip of Rajasthan, full of amazing pictures. I almost got the feeling that I am there experiencing this first hand. The pictures of the forts, havelis, the vintage car collections, national parks, the wildlife all were too good.
I am envious of you, for two reasons.
One, you own two Havelis and two, that you were able to go on this extended road trip.What is also great is that you managed to do this with young kids in tow. Truly inspiring!.
Can I also add, that you have a beautiful family and God bless.
Keep traveling and best wishes.

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 12:13   #28
BHPian

A very thorough and nicely written travelogue with pictures. You were very lucky to see the Leopards.
Offnote: Went through the travelogue and noticed your love for Etios. It's captured in every landmark you visited
Made a lots of notes for myself as I will be in Rajasthan this month. Thanks for details.
bigwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2017, 10:40   #29
BHPian

Awesome travelogue. It sort of inspires me to do one Rajasthan trip. Your pushteni haveli looks awesome with those paintings.How did the Etios behave overall compared to Figo on such long road trips?
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2017, 18:27   #30
BHPian

What a mind boggling travelogue. You seem to be a reincarnation of Marco Polo or Huin Tsang or something.
I've been in Pokhran/ Jaisalmer for about 4 years and let me tell you, you've done justice to that place.
I couldn't find Ramdevra Temple in your travel diary, or did I miss it?
This part of India is a haven for driving enthusiasts as well as those interested in our Country's history.
And I must compliment your kids for being such good co passengers. I'm sure both will grow up to be 2nd gen TBHPians.
nda992 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote