Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 10th November 2016, 13:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Videos: Driving in Germany & at the Nürburgring (My Green Hell debut)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitahirrao View Post
Great information there mate. I am heading to Germany this month and and booked A6 Quattro from Europecar. Hope i get the same one.
Europcar has a floating inventory. Hence, they usually take bookings for a certain class of car. Sometimes the car of your choice wont be available, so they will either upgrade you to a higher class or give you a different car from the same class.

I have been upgraded three times out of four bookings. Last trip, I had rented a premium hatchback(Mercedes A, Audi A3 and similar) and instead got a Volvo XC70 . However, make sure you take the diesel guaranteed and automatic preffered options, which will narrow down the choices they can assign you. In my case, I had opted for both, which meant I could only get a Mercedes A class or an A3 since the rest of the cars in that category were petrol or manual. Ended up getting upgraded.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 13:32   #17

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Videos: Driving in Germany & at the Nürburgring (My Green Hell debut)

Congratulations karan561 , Wow !! What a milestone to cross - Nurburgring !!
Nice pics and video, nicely described

I did Nurburgring north loop (Nordschle​ife in german) in 2012 , it was one of the best experiences ever. I heard that it is closed for the public , only drivers with special license can drive there.

Good to know that it is still open, keep posting
Suzie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 21:53   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
Congratulations karan561 , Wow !! What a milestone to cross - Nurburgring !!
Nice pics and video, nicely described
Thanks Suzie, definitely a milestone indeed

Quote:
I did Nurburgring north loop (Nordschle​ife in german) in 2012 , it was one of the best experiences ever. I heard that it is closed for the public , only drivers with special license can drive there.
Wow ! Good to know that you have conquered the Nordschleife as well. Which car did you did it in ?
karan561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 22:16   #19
BHPian

Excellent Video Karan. Especially the Nurburgring one.
You have clearly highlighted all the details which can help anybody approaching this in future. Also helps day dreamers like me to dream about it.

That merc looks really nice. I am sure the 5 series is going to have its hand full when this gets launched here.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2016, 13:34   #20

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Smile Re: Videos: Driving in Germany & at the Nürburgring (My Green Hell debut)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Thanks Suzie, definitely a milestone indeed

Wow ! Good to know that you have conquered the Nordschleife as well. Which car did you did it in ?
I was driving Audi S-line hatch back , it was a fun car to drive , but it was a FWD vehicle (not a quattro) , but still with the ESP on , absolutely no understeer at any corner ..
Suzie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2016, 21:54   #21
BHPian

Hey,
Awesome Travelogue. Loved the 'Ring Video. Makes me want to go there the next time I go to Germany. Why don't you share the Redline photo which you had shared earlier?
Also it was nice meeting you in Cologne, what a coincidence it was! Thank you for the dinner.
Highly appreciate your help in finding the fuel bunk as well as the Sixt Drop off Location at the Cologne HBF(The no. of times we passed that location unknowingly!) .
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2016, 22:43   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Excellent Video Karan. Especially the Nurburgring one.
You have clearly highlighted all the details which can help anybody approaching this in future. Also helps day dreamers like me to dream about it.
Hey Rachit, Thanks for your comments, im glad you found my videos helpful & enjoyable at the same time.

Quote:
That merc looks really nice. I am sure the 5 series is going to have its hand full when this gets launched here.
Oh yes, in the looks, comfort/ride quality & interiors department it really trumps the upcoming 5'er. BUT the 5 will definitely be better in steering, gearbox & stronger engines making it faster hence a better drivers car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I was driving Audi S-line hatch back , it was a fun car to drive , but it was a FWD vehicle (not a quattro) , but still with the ESP on , absolutely no understeer at any corner ..
Thats a tight car to have for the Nurburgring

I think that comes with a 1.4 Turbo petrol, not sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Hey,
Awesome Travelogue. Loved the 'Ring Video. Makes me want to go there the next time I go to Germany.
Also it was nice meeting you in Cologne, what a coincidence it was! Thank you for the dinner.
Highly appreciate your help in finding the fuel bunk as well as the Sixt Drop off Location at the Cologne HBF(The no. of times we passed that location unknowingly!) .
Hi Denzil,

Thanks, yes it indeed was a pleasure to meet you in Cologne, also it was a great time we had in that BMW X5 (please put up some pictures of that beast)

Quote:
Why don't you share the Redline photo which you had shared earlier?
I suppose you're talking about this pic

Videos: Driving in Germany & at the Nürburgring (My Green Hell debut)-14695549_10154188938777762_963805257959249743_n3.jpg
Old 17th November 2016, 20:48   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

The Gas Station theme room where I stayed at the V8 Hotel, Stuttgart;

Videos: Driving in Germany & at the Nürburgring (My Green Hell debut)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1479395774.526594.jpg

karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 08:31   #24
BHPian

Superbly done karan !

Went through both the videos.

Must say, you've done an excellent job of giving as much 1st person perspective to the videos :thumbup: , which leaves a good viewer experience. Especially for people like us who aspire to be at the ring one day

What was your top speed with the 135 ?

And what coincidence of bumping into denzel of all places on the Bahn !

A good travelogue mate. Rated 5 stars.

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 21st November 2016 at 08:46.
Monaro CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 21:41   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Superbly done karan !

Went through both the videos.

Must say, you've done an excellent job of giving as much 1st person perspective to the videos :thumbup: , which leaves a good viewer experience. Especially for people like us who aspire to be at the ring one day

What was your top speed with the 135 ?

And what coincidence of bumping into denzel of all places on the Bahn !

A good travelogue mate. Rated 5 stars.

Hey Monaro thanks for your appreciation & the 5* rating

I honestly don't recollect the exact top speed i hit on the track but definitely was well over 200. Also i wasnt going all out as my wife was riding along, so special thanks to her for not going panic & being such a sport

Regarding Denzil, he was having the X5 30d with him which he drove around 500+ kms & i dont know why he is shy of sharing pics of his x5 here.