Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 12th December 2016, 20:27   #16
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Drive: Mumbai to Coorg in a Ford Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Mileage is based on more factors than just the vehicle. Yes, a new vehicle tends to offer a slightly lesser mileage before the engine and vehicle bed down. However, for me the biggest factor has to be the driver.
Thanks pganapathy. As rightly said Driver is the most important factor and my driving style is more pedal to metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks for sharing this lovely travelogue and so much reminded me of my long drive from Hyderabad to length of Kerala last year around this time

It can be found here :

Like you I too was impressed with how it tackled our roads with comfort and kept the passengers save and comfortable through the trip

Since I have a heavy foot I have not got FE more than 18kmpl on any of my highway trips and my city FE hovers around 15-16kmpl which I feel is more than sufficient for a car that's so powerful
Thanks mobike008. I had read your TL before my trip was getting planned as one of the shortlisted destination was Munnar

I am settled with this FE numbers but what I love with this car is the power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Thanks a lot for a lovely travelouge. Coorg is surely on my list and might make it next year. Your travelouge would come handy then
Thanks neoonwheels. it is nice hill station which is less crowded.
CrazyToDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 14:26   #17
BHPian

Great to see this post coming. I have been to Coorg on numerous occasions and every time it is splendid to see new colors. Pictures shared reminds me of visiting these places.
Aspire must be a pleasure to drive on these roads. Kudos for your efforts.
RapidRavi is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 11:27   #18
BHPian

The mileage, considering it is a new car and also carrying a full load of 4 adults with holiday luggage, plying on jungle and hilly terrain, is pretty good!

It will of course increase in due course.
sunsetorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 12:58   #19
BHPian

Lovely travelogue. I am planning to visit Coorg in January next year with my family. We will fly into Bangalore and rent a Duster for the trip. Your post comes at the right time and gives all the information I was looking for.

Did you get enough sightseeing time in your Mysore day trip? If I read it correct, you covered 3 places and came back to Coorg. I am planning to visit Mysore on my way to Coorg. How is the drive from Mysore to Coorg especially if one drives post sunset? Are there any ghat sections?

PS: Very happy to see a travelogue with Aspire. I really like Aspire and had almost booked a diesel variant. But eventually the need of an automatic for Mumbai city traffic was a deal breaker and so booked GT.

Last edited by manish84 : 14th December 2016 at 13:03.
manish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 13:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
The mileage, considering it is a new car and also carrying a full load of 4 adults with holiday luggage, plying on jungle and hilly terrain, is pretty good!

It will of course increase in due course.
Thanks sunsetorange. Hope it increases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
Lovely travelogue. I am planning to visit Coorg in January next year with my family. We will fly into Bangalore and rent a Duster for the trip. Your post comes at the right time and gives all the information I was looking for.

Did you get enough sightseeing time in your Mysore day trip? If I read it correct, you covered 3 places and came back to Coorg. I am planning to visit Mysore on my way to Coorg. How is the drive from Mysore to Coorg especially if one drives post sunset? Are there any ghat sections?

PS: Very happy to see a travelogue with Aspire. I really like Aspire and had almost booked a diesel variant. But eventually the need of an automatic for Mumbai city traffic was a deal breaker and so booked GT.
Thanks Manish. We reached Mysore around 10:00 am and were able to cover all places leisurely. We skipped Mysore Zoo. If you want to visit, do account atleast 3 hrs for it. Mysore to Coorg is excellent but 2 lane road. You need to watch out for speed-breakers. You can drive post sunset as well, roads are well marked. You will get only 1 ghat before entering Coorg.

Congrats for your new ride.
CrazyToDrive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 14:20   #21
APV
BHPian

Nice travelogue, you should have also checked out the temple at Bhagamandala. I remember very nice wood work inside the temple - bit of Kerala style if my memory serves right.

This temple would be on your left if you are coming from Talacauvery.

Anyway there is always a next time
APV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2016, 15:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APV View Post
Nice travelogue, you should have also checked out the temple at Bhagamandala. I remember very nice wood work inside the temple - bit of Kerala style if my memory serves right.

This temple would be on your left if you are coming from Talacauvery.

Anyway there is always a next time
Thanks APV. Bhagamandla was on our list, but when we stopped at the Bhagmandla parking we saw people performing rituals in the triveni sangam.
Since we were with kids, ladies refused to stop there so we decided not to wait there and went ahead.
Maybe next time
CrazyToDrive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2017, 15:25   #23
BHPian

Hi! A wonderful travelogue indeed. Read every detail of it. Gives me the itch for a long distance drive that I have not done since more than 6 months now. Even longer in an RHD car! Loved the pictures.

For a new powerful diesel car - and for a driver who has primarily driven petrol hatches before - I'd say thats a very good FE for a long distance travel across various terrains.

Happy motoring!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote