Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 18th October 2006, 21:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi Akroy

Great trip and writeup. Especially the AP stretch i felt nostalgic. I come from Rajahmundry.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2006, 22:21   #17
BHPian

I am just speechless Simply superb....
Carry on brother.....
sbasak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2006, 22:37   #18
Team-BHP Support

Great trip. Very very detailed write up. Really fantastic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
Bengalis are the one who are very outgoing and like to travel a lot. You are living up to the true spirit of it.
I agree. But probably he wouldn't have done this...if he was staying in Kolkata.

You move out from your mother's lap and perspective changes..Am I right Abhi???
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2006, 08:55   #19
BHPian

Hey Abhi, tooooo good. Congrats for the most detail travelogue I ever read. That was very informative.
noviceDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 14:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

This travelogue has been published in the recent Gateway Magazine by Maruti (December 06 issue)...Look at page 62...Hope u guys like it...

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 15:09   #21
Team-BHP Support

Congrats, how do you get this magazine? I got it for couple of month after I bought the Baleno and then it stopped.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 15:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Congrats, how do you get this magazine? I got it for couple of month after I bought the Baleno and then it stopped.
I think it should be available in retail outlets but I will be getting my issue from Maruti (i am getting it once i bought my car)...
You can get a copy from any maruti dealer in any city...You do keep 6-7 free issues every month...

Abhi
Old 22nd December 2006, 18:13   #23
BHPian

Hi Roy,

What a drive, nice to see that you planned and executed. I remember one quote from William Blake "The only thing more powerful than a great idea,
is a great idea powerfully executed" which holds True in your drive

regards,
-manju
manjubp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 17:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Truly, One of the Best Travelogues!

Kudos to you Abhi, you have inspired me to take on very Long drives, which is very much possible if planned & executed in a meticulous manner like you have shown to us!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 17:55   #25
Team-BHP Support

Default Best Travelogue

One of the best travelogues i ever read and it "just" cannot get any more detailed than this.

I especially like the way you were describing each and every highway routes,speeds,distances calculated and your strategic planning, so perfect, its almost freaky

Did you by any chance embarked on this trip to set the best travelogue ever written agenda???
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 11:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Did you by any chance embarked on this trip to set the best travelogue ever written agenda???
Thanks mobike008, No No absolutely not, it was just driving as an agenda...the travelogue just happened after the journey, infact i myself has not edited a single line so far, I kept on typing it at one go and posted it...Wish I did some more editing, it would have looked better !!!

Abhi
Old 29th June 2007, 14:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Some updates of GQ:
I was just browsing the NHAI site and I jumped up in joy to see the completion of the stretch Laxmannath to balasore...It was the only place which gave me nightmares both onward and return journey and I lost good 2-3 hours...
.:NHAI:.Completed Stretches on Golden Quadrilateral

Now both headache crossing Jaleswar and Basta is gone....Now one can easily do Kolkata - Balasore in less than 2.5 hours....

Once the section from Balasore - Bhadrak is over (specially the bridges section) then Bhubaneshwar - kolkata can be doable in 5 hours...This means if you start from Kolkata at 4AM, you can have lunch in Puri....absolutely gr8....

Also I can see the Srikakulam to Champawati section in 4Laned too, hence entire AP stretch of GQ is complete and its a breeze....

Abhi
Old 3rd July 2007, 00:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

That's really great news Abhi. This stretch was really a pain. Now Chandipur will be doable as a weekend destinatioin like Digha from Kolkata.

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 3rd July 2007 at 00:23. Reason: changing the tense
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 08:34   #29
Team-BHP Support

really amazing stuff. to be truthful I have read this travelogue at least 6 times. everytime i read it i get this renewed urge to drive down to kolkata.

but then the pain is hydbd-kolkata run will probably take me 3 days. so 3 days+3days = 6 days gone on road. the leaves are such a rationed thing that i simply can't afford to do this while going home.

but still, you are a braveheart Abhi. maybe i will do this someday soon Abhi.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 09:40   #30
BHPian

Really good as it was with statistics everywhere. And also good follow up on bad strectch of roads, which we seldom do. Wish you safe driving again on this route.
swathyd is offline   Reply With Quote