Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 5th January 2017, 10:40   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Temple Run: A triangular drive to the Greatest Ganesha Temples in Tamil Nadu!

Hi H14, thanks for sharing.
Although you did not have your own photos of some of the temples, your description along with the google derived photos gave a good idea of the vista.
I believe there are a lot of towns in that part of Tamilnadu which have many Chettiar mansions - some of which are used as heritage hotels. Would you recommend Kanadukathan as a good base to explore the area and the culture?.

On a different note, would you be able to update on the status of the roads from Coimbatore to Erode and beyond?. I am planning a trip to Puducherry from Thrissur and wanted to know about road conditions. Any info will be helpful.

Thank you once again and keep sharing.
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2017, 14:09   #17
h14
BHPian

Default Re: Temple Run: A triangular drive to the Greatest Ganesha Temples in Tamil Nadu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Hi H14, thanks for sharing.
Although you did not have your own photos of some of the temples, your description along with the google derived photos gave a good idea of the vista.
I believe there are a lot of towns in that part of Tamilnadu which have many Chettiar mansions - some of which are used as heritage hotels. Would you recommend Kanadukathan as a good base to explore the area and the culture?.
Thanks alphadog! Yes there are a loads of such mansions here. Kanadukathan has few manson-hotels too like Visalam, Chettinadu Mansion etc. A little far off you have the Chidambara Vilas in Pudhukottai district and that locality too I hear has many such to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
On a different note, would you be able to update on the status of the roads from Coimbatore to Erode and beyond?. I am planning a trip to Puducherry from Thrissur and wanted to know about road conditions. Any info will be helpful.

Thank you once again and keep sharing.
  • Coimbatore to Salem is a mix of 4/6 laned roads in excellent condition.
  • Salem to Ulundurpet via attur is a mix of 2/4 laned roads which again are in good condition, but suggest to take this stretch in day time for first timers so that one can get an idea on the sudden 2/4 lane swaps.
  • Ulundurpet to Villupuram again is an excellent 4 laned stretch.
  • Villupuram to Pondy I have not driven, but have heard that it is good.

Hope this helps
h14 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 14:37   #18
BHPian

Thanks h14 for sharing about this wonderful place. After reading your thread, I took my family out there in Dec 2016, they loved this place.

Herbie98 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote