Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 20th February 2017, 17:05   #16
BHPian

Default Re: A Drive to the Pink City - The Jaipur Journal

Good work. Hope you guys had a good time in Jaipur. Two things are missing. A full pic of the Hawa Mahal and The Statue Circle.
ksgehlot is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 16:42   #17
BHPian

A no nonsense, matter of fact travelogue interspersed with good photographs. Living here in down south, Rajasthan was, till my graduate days, nothing more than Thar desert. The social studies text books never talked of the magnificent architecture, beautiful lakes or even the rich cultural heritage.

I can go on and say that even today I will have a tough time showing these photos to some of my folks and convincing them that they are from Rajasthan. Hawa Mahal is the only structure that gets associated with the state, mainly because of it being a regular question in school quizzes.

When was this trip undertaken and what was the weather like? Asking this because I see more greenery there than can be currently found in Western Ghats.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 17:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful pics of my Home City.

The weather looks just perfect for the trip.

Sorry for Nitpicking but its not Chowki Dhani but Chokhi Dhani.
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote