Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 14th March 2017, 11:17   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Kolkata to Kumaon in a Duster AWD

Awesomely crisp Travelogue there Pawan !! It was indeed a welcome getaway for you all; including HULK. The Duster looks fabulous in all the backdrops and the pictures are more than extraordinary. Your travelogue has made me add the destination to my To Do List undoubtedly. Rated a Well deserved 5* for all the good ingredients that make this travelogue so nice.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 00:20   #32
BHPian

Thanks a lot for sharing such a detailed travel log. Must say some exceptional landscape shots. Thanks to your Hulk , the Bong duster got very happy seeing its brother on those trail. Some day junior would love to nail that trail. The narration was so intense I did a non stop reading and loved every bit of it.

Last edited by ARAY : 15th March 2017 at 00:23.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 14:06   #33
BHPian

Its nostalgia for me when someone travels to my home state, Uttarakhand. Thanks PapaBravo for bringing back those memories and surely kudos to the photographer. Brilliant pics.

A road trip to the mountains and the sneak view of the majestic Himalayas is a dream come true, and your short travelogue does full justice to the emotions. When I read the last para, which said you and your wife had business trips the next morning, I was like.. Kudos. That's the love of travel and the energy a good road trip gives you. I am sure your Duster performed great during the trip.

To many more yet to come.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 08:44   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Awesomely crisp Travelogue there Pawan !! It was indeed a welcome getaway for you all; including HULK. The Duster looks fabulous in all the backdrops and the pictures are more than extraordinary. Your travelogue has made me add the destination to my To Do List undoubtedly. Rated a Well deserved 5* for all the good ingredients that make this travelogue so nice.
Thanks a lot AJ. It was a getaway for sure. It is a beautiful place. You should surely visit it some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Thanks a lot for sharing such a detailed travel log. Must say some exceptional landscape shots. Thanks to your Hulk , the Bong duster got very happy seeing its brother on those trail. Some day junior would love to nail that trail. The narration was so intense I did a non stop reading and loved every bit of it.
Thanks you so much for the appreciation buddy !! Although Bong duter sees more action than HULK these days, I am sure Bong duster would definetely enjoy these landscapes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Its nostalgia for me when someone travels to my home state, Uttarakhand. Thanks PapaBravo for bringing back those memories and surely kudos to the photographer. Brilliant pics.

A road trip to the mountains and the sneak view of the majestic Himalayas is a dream come true, and your short travelogue does full justice to the emotions. When I read the last para, which said you and your wife had business trips the next morning, I was like.. Kudos. That's the love of travel and the energy a good road trip gives you. I am sure your Duster performed great during the trip.

To many more yet to come.
Thanks a lot justwheels. Uttarakhand has some really good treasures for travelers. You belong to a beautiful state. Yes, we both had early morning flights. We were unpacking & packing at the same time. Duster performed flawlessly.

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 18:05   #35
BHPian

pawan bhai, never has your hulk looked more at home, than in these landscapes! the t-log and the number of pics are tantalizingly small :(
lovely shots though.. how did you get the black corners in the mountain pics?
wish you longer trips in future, so I can have more pics to drool at
cr4nkshaft is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 16:31   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

A highly detailed travelogue with superb pictures! Feeling nostalgic after going through the thread as we had done this trip quite some time back. Rated a well deserved 5 stars. Wishing you and Hulk many miles of happiness and innumerable trips.
BlackPearl is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 12:25   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (14)

Wonderful thread, PapaBravo! We've made Naukuchiatal our home away from home (my travelogue thread "Naukuchiatal - far from the madding crowd") for the past 20 years or so and still never get enough of it, making a trip or two every year. And we are always glad that there are more folks who find the Kumaon region as endearing as we do.
Cheers,
Shashanka
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 16:36   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
pawan bhai, never has your hulk looked more at home, than in these landscapes! the t-log and the number of pics are tantalizingly small :(
lovely shots though.. how did you get the black corners in the mountain pics?
wish you longer trips in future, so I can have more pics to drool at
Thanks a lot Anindya !! Didn't get your question though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
A highly detailed travelogue with superb pictures! Feeling nostalgic after going through the thread as we had done this trip quite some time back. Rated a well deserved 5 stars. Wishing you and Hulk many miles of happiness and innumerable trips.
Thanks BP !! Hulk would like to make next trip with Sherpa/Tusker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Wonderful thread, PapaBravo! We've made Naukuchiatal our home away from home (my travelogue thread "Naukuchiatal - far from the madding crowd") for the past 20 years or so and still never get enough of it, making a trip or two every year. And we are always glad that there are more folks who find the Kumaon region as endearing as we do.
Cheers,
Shashanka
Thank you for the appreciation sir. Although, I am from Lucknow, we never really got time to explore Kumaon earlier. We had a great time & will come back for more. Just went thru your thread. Great pictures there !!

Since we have Kol & Lko common in our Location, we should meet up sometime to share stories.

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 08:50   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
......Thank you for the appreciation sir. Although, I am from Lucknow, we never really got time to explore Kumaon earlier. We had a great time & will come back for more. Just went thru your thread. Great pictures there !!
Since we have Kol & Lko common in our Location, we should meet up sometime to share stories.

Regards,
Pawan

Hello Pawan! - sure thing, let us meet up! I'm sure it would be fun! We are in Ashiyana Colony (in the envelope formed by Jail Road, VIP Road and Kanpur Road, towards Amausi) & we should be in Lucknow again around the end of this month (May). Pl send me a PM and do let us know a convenient time for you.

And thank you for going thru' my thread - I keep adding photos as & when we've made our last trip! Tho' I'm not sure if the mods approve of this!
Regards,
Shashanka
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote