Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 5th April 2017, 14:55   #16
BHPian

Default Re: 2 Kawasaki Versys 650 & a Z800 ride from Hyderabad to Goa!

Terrific Travelogue, 5 stars!
venkatt1800 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 08:29   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

@mobike008, onaversys and idpsharma: Excellent trip and write-up guys. Loved reading through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idpsharma View Post
Ofcourse there is no comparison when it comes to comfort between Versys (a tourer) and Z800 (a street fighter), but Z is not that bad for touring either. 'V' can glide over rough roads and comfortable for long rides and needs less stops comparatively, where as 'Z' needs modifications to meet touring requirements. Z800 is much pleasurable and a breeze to ride on national highways. There are three pain points in 'Z' if we are planning for long rides 1) Forward leaning posture 2) Hard Seat 3) Wind Blast, but all of which can be addressed with aftermarket fittings. I raised my handlebars, fitted a universal windscreen and yet to modify seat with some gel pads/cushion, suspension can be tuned to softer side depending on our choice.
I wish they had a Versys800 for sale, so we wouldn't have to choose between the comfort of the Versys against the fun offered by the brilliant inline4 motor on the Z.

Yes, V1000 is there but that's in another pricing league altogether.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 10:17   #18
BHPian

Absolutely agreed. Although not as comfy as V, ninja 1000 does quite a good job on long rides if we just raise handle bars a little.

Now see we proved that we are bikers and talking more of bikes in a travelogue section..

Last edited by idpsharma : 6th April 2017 at 10:19.
idpsharma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 14:10   #19
BHPian

Wow!. amazing travelogue and it has the three magical elements for fun unlimited- Friends, Bikes and Goa. Five stars to it.
Brings back memories of how myself and a couple of friends, (we used to call ourselves the three musketeers) did a trip from Chennai to Goa, when in college, ages ago.
Well done for riding 14 hrs in one day, that is a lot to cover. I and a group of bikers, who call ourselves 'Freedom riders' did a Cochin to Pondicherry ride in a single day. We covered 550 kms and it was quite alright until we hit traffic just before Pondi. Traffic density, poorly designed speed bumps and such like does suck out the energy during a ride.
On good roads and with good company 700 kms in a day is doable I guess and you guyz have shown how it is done.

Although Kerala and Goa have the same type of topography, flora and fauna, there is something magical about the atmosphere in Goa, it is indescribable.
Thanks once more for all the amazing snaps and the glimpses-video was good as well.

Keep riding, Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 16:15   #20
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Alphadog for your lovely comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
On good roads and with good company 700 kms in a day is doable I guess and you guyz have shown how it is done.
I have done a few trips to Bangalore (600kms) and it's all 4-lane and is comparatively not too stressful and can be easily done in 6-7 hours including stops

But, a route like Goa from Hyderabad is majority 2-lane and there are many deviations which means you will have to follow the route map to the T, a single miss can set you back by 20-30kms which has happened to me in the past (driving a car)

Yeah, 14-15 hours of riding in a day is not easy but, where there is a will there is a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Although Kerala and Goa have the same type of topography, flora and fauna, there is something magical about the atmosphere in Goa, it is indescribable.
I have visited Kerala (Once) and Goa (Several times) and agree they have similar landscape to a large extent but, as you rightly said there is a magical thing about Goa that makes you want to visit it again and again !!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 15:47   #21
BHPian

Hyd - Goa in a single day on bikes is in itself an achievement. Post 500 Kms even the shoulders start giving up.
I am feeling inspired to get this trip done soon.
Amazing write up and this travelogue has instilled a sense of faith back on the hyd-goa route, i have covered this on cars a couple of times and it was always challenging to remain on the right path.
nitinrawatdun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 17:31   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
Hyd - Goa in a single day on bikes is in itself an achievement. Post 500 Kms even the shoulders start giving up.
I am feeling inspired to get this trip done soon.
Yes Nitin, what you said is correct. This route is not your atypical route of 4-lane highways from Point A to Point B. Infact, there is hardly any 4-lane highway and majority is 2-lane with plenty of places where you need to change your route and one small mistake can land you a many kms away from your actual destination

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
Amazing write up and this travelogue has instilled a sense of faith back on the hyd-goa route, i have covered this on cars a couple of times and it was always challenging to remain on the right path.
Thanks for your nice words. I have done Hyderabad to Goa in a car plenty of times from different routes, KA/MH sides so in a way familiar with what to expect but, doing it on motorcycles was a different experience altogether and we all enjoyed the road-trip thoroughly even if it was a gruelling one
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote