Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 11th April 2018, 10:16   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Winter Road-Trip: Andhra Pradesh & Telangana

Great Travelouge indeed!! The roads being maintained very well these days, the road trip across AP & Telangana in an Octavia 1.8 TSI must have been one hell of an experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Some research pointed us to Vivaha Bhojanambu. We were there and again, fantastic food! The place was packed for a weekday night but has a larger eating capacity, hence was no problem getting a table
Glad to know that you've stumbled upon Vivaha Bhojanambu. Excellent food and famous mainly in Tollywood circles. It's my dear friend cum partner's restaurant and I have my lunch there almost daily

Last edited by madhav14 : 11th April 2018 at 10:20.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2018, 21:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Great pictures and TL. luvuride. I've worked in Vizag for long and also in Hyderabad, so can easily relate to most places you have visited.

But I was perplexed when you referred to Road Number 1, Banjara Hills as 'Inner Ring Road'. I am not sure where you got that nomenclature from. As far as I know, the IRR is the stretch from Mehdipatnam to Aramgarh, below the PVNR expressway.
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2018, 22:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
But I was perplexed when you referred to Road Number 1, Banjara Hills as 'Inner Ring Road'. I am not sure where you got that nomenclature from. As far as I know, the IRR is the stretch from Mehdipatnam to Aramgarh, below the PVNR expressway.
Not sure, that is what GMaps refers it. I may be totally wrong.

https://goo.gl/maps/BexVYSshraH2
luvurride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2018, 19:58   #19
BHPian

Very engrossing, inspiring and refreshing travelogue I must say. I am sure it will be long cherished. You guys had lots of fun. I too believe that to avoid unnecessary fatigue in driver and passengers 400-500 kms per day is just the right distance to drive. Breaking a long trip into multiday road travel was a superb and very practical idea. It gives the travelers a chance to enjoy the travel rather than setting speed records, and relaxed mindset always adds to the safety of the road trip.
huntrz is offline   Reply With Quote