Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 1st August 2008, 12:20   #46
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I know this is old thread but thought of updating the latest information If someone looking to visit Madikeri ( Coorg ) right now.

If someone love rain and nature this is perfect adventure time! It rained heavily and water falls like Abbi etc.. are in full glory.
Amen. On the way Aug 15th weekend (long) for a full adventure trip - Jeeping in Chelavara !!

PS: EVERY resort/homestay/cottage etc. is already booked !!! all the best for those who're trying for the Aug 15h weekend. If you're a big group of 8-12 people, let me know, I can organize a superb place in Kakkabe.
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 14:25   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Rudra you are right. Coorg is called Switzerland of India and not Scotland.

BTW souljah am going there this weekend . Hope things work out as planned.

I have seen the term 'Switzerland of India' used for Nainital, Kasauni, Sikkim, Manipur, Dharmashala, and now Coorg so far. Anyways there is no official recognition as such.

By the way can you recollect the name for 'Queen of Hill Stations'? The names you can come across are Shimla, Ooty, Darjeeling and maybe more!

All those phrases are max abused

Last edited by sridhga : 1st August 2008 at 14:32.
sridhga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 14:27   #48
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
I have heard the term 'Switzerland of India' for Nainital, Kasauni, Sikkim, Manipur, Dharmashala so far. Anyways there is no official recognition as such.

By the way can you recollect the name for 'Queen of Hill Stations'? The names you can come across are Shimla, Ooty, Darjeeling and maybe more!

...and the point is ? i don't seem to understand what you're trying to get at.
Old 1st August 2008, 15:07   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
...and the point is ? i don't seem to understand what you're trying to get at.
NIP that was not to insult any of those hill stations. I know that Coorg is your wife's native place and that you love the place so well and I don't deny that the pics are very beautiful. My point is that those phrases are so over used that they are not inspiring anymore. And I will never again post anything even remotely negative about Coorg. Peace
sridhga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 15:49   #50
Senior - BHPian

Well guys peace. Its called scotland of india. The main reason is The climate and the culture of the locals. Very similar but the only problem is we dont have an Coorgs version of scotch except maybe Brandy with hot water

Well this is a really nice time for people but be warned its pouring out there and the schools are shut this week. Lots of rivers are in full spate and bhagamandala, talacauvery road is blocked. Well if you visiting for greenery and mist then this is just nice sitting and watching the rains pour with the wind blowing fresh air on you and you having a cuppa hot coffee. Well well heaven. I am already feeling homesick
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 16:30   #51
Senior - BHPian

Only problem with Scotland is that you dont get pandhi curry... Scotch is a different story
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 18:08   #52
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Only problem with Scotland is that you dont get pandhi curry... Scotch is a different story
when you're going from bangalore to coorg, scotch shouldn't be an issue. although no ones complaining about the honey bee + pandhi curry combo
Old 1st August 2008, 22:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
I have seen the term 'Switzerland of India' used for Nainital, Kasauni, Sikkim, Manipur, Dharmashala, and now Coorg so far. Anyways there is no official recognition as such.

If I may ask whats the point you are trying to make ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
when you're going from bangalore to coorg, scotch shouldn't be an issue. although no ones complaining about the honey bee + pandhi curry combo
Aye stop it boys , feel like taking off to coorg and getting some akki roti with the pandhi curry.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 23:00   #54
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
If I may ask whats the point you are trying to make ?

Aye stop it boys , feel like taking off to coorg and getting some akki roti with the pandhi curry.
yea man...nothing beats waking up in the morning and belting hot akki ottis or steaming kadambuttus with pandhi curry and staring into the fog ! and lets not forget my ever loving FIL forcing me to have a 'peg' or two with breakfast

Last edited by NIP : 1st August 2008 at 23:01.
Old 1st August 2008, 23:10   #55
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics....Coorg is in its true glory right now. The pics especially taken during rains is really amazing. Thanks for sharing the pics.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 03:42   #56
BHPian

Great!
I have been to the top of the falls. One local guide has took us to this place.
It was like 1.5 hr trek from a motorable point.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 15:14   #57
BHPian

hey i will be in coorg during the august 15th holiday weekend.who else would be there?maybe we can meet up there.
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote