Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 15th June 2007, 14:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wow! That Island looks like paradise! I'm definitely going to check it out soon.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 17:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Definitely worth a few visits, anup. I should thank rjstyle69 for his guidance in avoiding certain hotels/resorts & suggesting a few good ones. I went a little over my budget with 2.5k, but it was really worth it. There was a very similar room in the same resort for 1.8k which was slightly smaller with the same facilities, but i wanted this extra space for my kids to fool around. The pics actually don't reveal the actual size of the room. It must have been around 500 Sq.Ft & it was a brand new room too.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 10:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all you guys. I loved sharing this with you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Nice travel report there John. I liked the pics as well. Where is the croc park located?

BTW 2.5k for a day seems a lil on the higher side considering everything is so cheap in Pondy. But i reckon this place is frequented by foreigners so that explains the price.
This place worth the money, aditya. Croc Bank is about 60 km down on the ECR, it is on the left side going towards pondy, maintained by some aussies who love crocs & the Herpetology Centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Nice place e_l, I think I need to discuss with u before my next pondy trip...this island is not to be missed....this was excellent...

Abhi
You are most welcome abhi & thanks for your tips too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nice account of your trip and great pictures to go with it

Loved the croca doodle doo

Thanks dippy, but crocs dont crow.
Old 18th June 2007, 16:39   #19
Team-BHP Support

John, saw the travelogue only today... not a regular here.
Nice pics, and both Caleb & Timeus look real cute. Must commend on their bravery. Not from papa's side of traits, right?? Hehe.

How come no snaps of modest Mr. John in there? I also feel a travelogue isnt complete without one snap of the vehicle used for travel. Call me new-fashioned, but i stick to what i said.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 16:41   #20
BHPian

Nice Pics.Dude.Especially the ones at the croc bank.
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 17:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice report John..Should consult you before our trip to Pondy Maybe..

BTW..your kids were pretty daring i must admit!! Goes to show the lineage i'd think..

Anyways..was your A/c problem sorted out..after your return..??
headers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 19:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
.......... maintained by some aussies who love crocs & the Herpetology Centre.
Some aussies who love croc's AND the Herpetology Centre? whoa!!! that sounds like its a place that treats aussies stricken by herpes. just kiddin guys !!!
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 19:17   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice report and trip, john.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
Some aussies who love croc's AND the Herpetology Centre?
adi, you have not been to the Croc Park ? You should. I rate it as one of the best attractions of ECR - I am sure Sam Kapasi would approve, given his love for wildlife.

And by the way, the guy (Mr.Romulus Whitaker) running/owning the Croc Park, is India's biggest expert on the King Cobra and has been featured on NatGeo often.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 23:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
John, saw the travelogue only today... not a regular here.
Nice pics, and both Caleb & Timeus look real cute. Must commend on their bravery. Not from papa's side of traits, right?? Hehe.

How come no snaps of modest Mr. John in there? I also feel a travelogue isnt complete without one snap of the vehicle used for travel. Call me new-fashioned, but i stick to what i said.
Yes, they are very brave kids, i brought them up like that, you know. What you saw here is only a teeny weeny bit of what they can do. They are a lot braver, smarter & cleverer than me. The modest father was always looking out for his kids, pal. Anyway, you asked for it & here it is, on the fantastic beach on the island. (wife took this before she indulged herself)

And here is a snap of my kids after the stint at the island, doing what all kids love to do...watch TV.

On the way back, travelling without AC is a totally different ballgame. I gave a tough time to a C class & an Innova who was hellbent on showing that his van is new. The C class went past me after 155 Kmph, but I lost sight of the Innova in my rear view mirror. We took some time off even though the journey was very short because of the lack of air conditioning.

Sorry, ben, i was so pissed off with ABT that i did not take any photos of the car during this journey with my regular cam, i do have one on my mobile which i will post tomorrow. cheers

Last edited by esteem_lover : 18th June 2007 at 23:26.
Old 19th June 2007, 01:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Nice report and trip, john.

adi, you have not been to the Croc Park ? You should. I rate it as one of the best attractions of ECR - I am sure Sam Kapasi would approve, given his love for wildlife.

And by the way, the guy (Mr.Romulus Whitaker) running/owning the Croc Park, is India's biggest expert on the King Cobra and has been featured on NatGeo often.
SB, this is the umpteenth time we have visited the croc bank. We have never been to any amusement parks or beach resorts, my kids love wildlife, especially reptiles & all we do is visit the croc bank (damn it has become so boring for me), eat at ECR Dhaba where you get to see some exotic birds, fish etc & head back home. this is more or less a routine every month.
Old 19th June 2007, 09:09   #26
Team-BHP Support

John, thanx for the snaps, on demand.
You and Caleb on the tree? Trying to infuse some ape behaviour into the poor kid? LOL !!

The snap of the kids watching TV was lovely. Intense concentration, i must say.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 10:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Just getting him to relax, the poor kid became sick on the return journey too. No AC & it was mid afternoon sweltering heat. As for the ape behaviour, i think i will leave that to uncle ben to teach as he is more closer.
Old 19th June 2007, 10:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics e_l, your kids are excellent and brave !!! Wish they go a long way in life....

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 23:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Nice pics e_l, your kids are excellent and brave !!! Wish they go a long way in life....

Abhi
Ha! I can see that comes straight from the heart abhi, thanks man, i know they will. Would love to meet up with you sometime when you come this side.
Old 22nd June 2007, 07:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Ha! I can see that comes straight from the heart abhi, thanks man, i know they will. Would love to meet up with you sometime when you come this side.
Thanks John, I will surely ping you !!!

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote