Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 5th February 2008, 18:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for the reply. I do lot of trips (300+km every alternative weeks) like few I detailed here, I have shared only few. I will do load more things soon.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 12:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

What FE did you get on this trip? Yours is a petrol Innova!
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 15:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Thanks everyone for the reply. I do lot of trips (300+km every alternative weeks) like few I detailed here, I have shared only few. I will do load more things soon.

Regards,

Ravi.
The updated information is definitely informative and can guide others like me, who are always looking to head "out" of the city. Please keep posting.
sreenidhibr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 15:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi BUSA,

During Melukote Trip (3rd week of Jan 2008) which is between Bangalore - Mysore
smooth 4 lane road (220km) and good 2 lane road (60km)
Ac used is around 20%
FE of 11.74kmpl,
Filled at Shell Premium Petrol, mysore road, bangalore.

During Karwar - ankola - Om Beach (september-december 2007) FE I got 9kmpl with AC on 60% in NH17 which had bad patches everywhere, Petrol used is IOC normal, Honnavar in NH17.

Ankola - Sirsi -> Shimoga FE received is 9.5kmpl with Ac on 60% IOC ExtraPremium, Ankola NH17 next to kamat hotel.

Shimoga - Bangalore FE around 10.4kmpl with 60% AC on Filled at Shimoga ExtraIOC Premium.

I can see very clearly i get best FE when filled at Bangalore and little less from Shimoga and very less from Ankola, Honnavar.

I came to know Honnavar IOC in NH17 is not good any more, I tried there only once.
In NH17 I recommand Ankola IOC next to kamat, BP in NH17 near gokarna cross, HP in honnavar near NH17 - shimoga & bangalore cross.

I get 12kmpl in very good road and 9kmpl in bad highway. Top Speed 120kmph. and its driven by my driver always.

After I started and using Shell FE is increased by 0.5kmpl and with K&n airfilter I can see FE is increased at least by 0.3kmpl. If I use premium Fuel I get 0.5kmpl extra so from last 4 months I am using premium continuously and I can see engine noise is almost near to my previous car Swift Petrol but still with vibrating gear lever which is one weired thing in Innova.

My driver is very new to Innova and has hardly any experience and now I trained him quiet good in city and highway. He has covered 4500km from last 5 months. His prior work experience is in Mumbai and Thane. I guess he drove TATA 407 and Wagon R. I hired him as office boy and part time driver but using him full time with good salary. I have selected one experienced driver 4 months back and making him join me very soon.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 7th February 2008, 14:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm. Nice to see some one doing the trips inside Karnataka. Even though I'am born and bought up here, I was unaware of so many beautiful places. Thanks for sharing Ravi and do keep this coming. We are enjoying your photos and travelogues.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 15:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Default BMIC Park Bangalore

I will load more infomration and photos then since I got time at home. Recently we had been to BMIc Park, its nice week end place for family mainly kids will enjoy there. Soon food and other facilities available there as well.

My Kid at Vahan Yatra

View in Yeligiri During TBHp Meet in 2007

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 7th February 2008, 18:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Default Unchalli Falls Near Sirsi

Hi Team,

I thought of sharing this visit here.

During December month after rains we visit lot of places and we repeat the places once in 4 years. Although this is our 2nd visit this time we could gather at least 14 members in our family. Innova and M800 loaded with people with lots of food. Thanks our drivers could nagotiate all narrow forest roads carefully so occupants feel comfy.

Route1: Sirsi -> Kumta road -> Amminalli (turn left) -> Heggarni -> Unchalli Falls.

Route2: Sirsi -> siddapura road -> Kaansur (turn right) -> Herur (turn left)-> GoliMakki (turn right)-> Heggarni (turn left) -> Unchalli Falls.

Left Sirsi at 2Pm and took Siddapura road to reach the water Falls.

Make sure ask for directions because its forest area with lot of cross roads without any sign boards.

Pooja is being done and my uncle:

Break on the way to play in small river, During non rainy season one can play here and its very dangerous to get into river during rains because every river here flooded with fast flowing water.

This is very nice picnic spot and best place for trekkers.

Distance: 35km from Sirsi

Nearest Food/stay/fuel: Sirsi

Good narrow roads, very scenic with forest.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 7th February 2008 at 18:13.
Old 7th February 2008, 18:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Default Gudavi Bird Santuary near Banavasi, sirsi

Very good half day picnic spot from Sirsi. Started 2pm from sirsi took banavasi road and reached temple in banavasi which is very old temple and visited temple, river, small house to see amazing looking like live people where they have prepared real local people's statues(Sorry I don't have photos i think) then ehaded to Gudavi bird Sanctuary.

Rangoli at banavasi temple:

Birds: spread around 1sqkm.

More birds:

Spent around 2 hours eating few cucumber etc.. Roads are quiet ok not great I think now roads are repaired. Few days boating facility is there as well.

Distance From Sirsi: 40km, From Sagar: 40km.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 7th February 2008, 18:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

Default Jog Falls again and again

This is one common place we visit during rainy season on the way for 10 minutes.

I guess nothing needed to explain this beauty.

We saw Jog almost no water - flooded with water.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 8th February 2008, 11:17   #25
BHPian

Ravi,
The BMIC park looks quite nice ? Where is this in Bangalore ?
chandras1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 17:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

BMIC park is located in the intersection of 2 NICE roads (intersection of nice road connecting Tumkur road to hosur road and expressway connecting bangalore to mysore ) or in other words its next to NICE road which is between Mysore and Kanakapura road.

Ideal time to visit that place is Saturday or Sunday evening after 4PM.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 8th February 2008, 20:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

Default Sangama and MekeDaatu near Kanakapura

Here I come with Sangama (Kaveri and Arkavati river join there) and MekeDaatu visit details with pictures.

Since we were around 10 people we hired Tempo Travellor and started from Bangalore at 7AM towards Kanakapura road and crossed Kanakapura by 9AM and reached Sanagama by 10AM.

This is the place where Arkavati joins Kaveri rever. We can walk and cross Arkavati very easily after November based on water level.

Its very nice place where one can swim, do boating, play on sands so on.

After river crossing we waited for Bus to arrive to see MekeDaatu. Bus arrived oh my GOD! People started treating the bus the way people used to critisize india's lowe cost airlines.

Its true Dakota BUS with lot of smoke and road to MekeDaatu which is under construction is really nightmare for any person, but its totally different experience, Kids enjoyed tilting/moving bus with few scary feeling.

We reached the place within 15 minutes and its nice place where river Kaveri flows through huge rocks and river width is very very less so goat can jump from one side to other side thats why its called Mekedaatu, now because of water flowing gaps have increased but still its surprising entire kaveri river flows just within 20 feet width but with full speed.

Its all together difference experience to see this nature! Watch out for moneys attacking on bags thinking food items. We took lot of photos from all angles and after spending 30 minutes there decided to headback to bus.

We had packed food from home so had lunch before we crossed arkavati river and then played in the river for sometime.

While coming back bangalore we visited small water falls name I forgot.

Recently heard there are few issues in the place because few street guys teased few visitors and police were hesitating to register the case and take action culprits. So If someone visiting this place make sure you visit in group. Its bit scary place for sure!

Distance from Bangalore: 120km, quiet decent road.

Best time to visit: After November before summer.

Nearest town: Kanakapura.

On the way there is water falls and bhimeshwari fishing camp is there.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 8th February 2008, 20:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

Default Exploring Madikeri and surrounding places

This is bit year old trip but thought of sharing this since I am finding lot of time now!

Hired 20 seator bus and called my office employees and their families. Its mega paid trip from my company!

Started Bangalore at 7am via Mysore reached Kushalnagar and had lunch at 1PM Atiti hotel (I guess) good food. Then headed to coorg. Road is quiet good with few repair and road widening work going on.

First decided to visit Abbi falls since its too early to see sunset and Raja Seat!

Very nice place I am thrilled to see coorg is clean and roads are good with proper sign boards.

Its already 5PM so time to see famous sun set. Roamed around Garden and took lot of photos, our Team had lot of cameras starting from Finefix to all sorts of cameras with lot of trial and error!

Kids had great time seeing the sunset, My daughter still remember this sun set!

Its already 7PM so decided to check into hotel and have food and dinner time!

Next day early morning visited OmKareshwara Temple

And then to TalaKaveri its another good place where GOD Kaveri origins.

On the way saw hotel near Bhagamadala where 3 rivers join (Triveni Sangama) and we came to know If we order the food by the time we come back they prepare food, yes it is!

Mountains:

By the time we play in water (not so clean) food is ready! We ate full very nice food again and proceeded towards Kushalnagar to see Haarangi Dam, very nice place.

Picture Taken from Top of hill of Talakaveri:

Then checked into good hotel in Kushalnagar and we had planned everything 3 weeks in advance, hotel people had arranged campfire for us and after dinner it started and lasted for long time untill time restriction started at 11pm.

Next day its time to visit Kaveri NisargaDhama and paddle boat riding, very beautifull place again!

Very well kept place.

We ran out of time and rushed to eat lunch since we wanted to see famous buddist Temple in Kushalnagar and ladies wanted to do shopping!

I really appreciate the way they have maintained it, Its similar to what I saw in Dehradun I guess. Well organized place.

Its time to head back to Bangalore. With heavy heart everyone boarded the bus and back to Bangalore. Its one of the best dozen trips we had in group! 8PM we are back our home.

Its 3 days and 2 nights trip. After doing good home work I had booked Hotels, list of places to visit and timings etc. we are so happy we excuted it perfect!

Places covered:

Day1: Travelled from Bangalore to Coorg, Abbi Falls, Raja Seat, SunSet
Day2: Temple in coorg, Bhagmadala, TalaKaveri, Harrangi Dam, Kushalnagar with Campfire
Day3: Kaveri Nisargadhama, buddist Temple, back to bangalore.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 8th February 2008, 22:12   #29

Great Pics dear...specially the ones from the Yanna trip. Truly spectacular rock fromations of columnar basalt. Thanks Ravi for sharing it with us.
Pankaj1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 12:21   #30
BHPian

The sunset photo looks stunning! And how did you fit the pachyderm in the bus? This thread is one of my favourites, since it has given me lot of trip options now.

A paid trip by the company? Hmm.. maybe i should change jobs and work for you instead ...
sreenidhibr is offline   Reply With Quote