Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 4th September 2007, 15:11   #16
BHPian

I see thats what you have been upto last weekend. Nice pics there man. How did the 15 inchers handle the bad roads?

Should do this trip sometime. Seems like a peaceful weekend getaway.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 15:24   #17
BHPian

@rjstyles69, akroy, lukeskywalker and others:

I have posted the pics of the Coorg trip. Can tell you that there is one pic that will interest you car lovers :-) Check the link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...agu-coorg.html (4 days trip in Kodagu (Coorg))
-GT- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 17:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
I see thats what you have been upto last weekend. Nice pics there man. How did the 15 inchers handle the bad roads?
Mohit surprisingly the ride wasn't all that hard dude. With the 50 profile's absolutely no problems and lived beyond my expectations.

The tyres are worth every penny spent.Also with the FFE , the car would simply take off .

All through my drive back I had a scorpio accompanying me on the GQ. It was a cat and mouse game and he also seems to have enjoyed the drive thoroughly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Should do this trip sometime. Seems like a peaceful weekend getaway.
Yeah for a day, definitely recommended.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 17:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics Riju, looks like your on a roll with your camera, first with the rejuvantion and now
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 17:59   #20
BHPian

hi pal, if I had to just look at the pics, I would think this was such a nice place to visit. Had to read through the text fully to understand why you were not happy (quiet justified there).

Great pics and a honest travelogue. Am sure who ever goes there next will be prepared.

Your Baleno looks awesome... picture perfect, may I say?
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 22:04   #21
Team-BHP Support

Riju and Abhi, i have plans of visiting Yercaud in October. Could you guys suggest some good place to stay? Despite the high price, Riju seems to have had a not-so-good experience.

Lest i forget, Riju, these are nice pics.
Also, which is a better route to get there? Via Dharmapuri, or via Kaveripattnam?
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 22:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Benny I would advise against going to this place. How many days do you have ? I suggest that you go to some place in Karnataka itself. There aint much to do here.

Regarding the route , I have no clue what state it is in. Its been real long since I did this route.
Old 27th September 2008, 22:40   #23
Team-BHP Support

Riju, the limitation i face is that i cannot make a trip to any place further off. I have PMed you the reason.

While i have 4 days at my disposal, utilising just 2 for the trip is fine. Prefer to just chill the rest of the time.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 23:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Benny, why don't you join the patchyboy and guys. They have planned for a Yercaud meet on 11 & 12 Oct (KA,TN, KL guys & families)...Also you can pm him for route query. He is definate to help you out.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 02:46   #25
BHPian

""Chicken biriyani,mutton biriyani, egg biriyani etc all look and taste the same. Except for the names, honestly I couldnt spot a difference in the ingredients/spices used""
Very Funny man!
I always feel, A 3 day trip should have atleast 350 to 400 kms one way... you dont wanna finish off the drive, which we would have thought of all night, would finish off before lunch time !
Thats the reason, i head off to Coast karnataka, wherein u r assured of a scenic drive and is not more than 400 Kms.
liked your Murudeshwar-Udupi naration.. pretty cool
pramod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 07:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Benny, there is only one route for yercaud:

NH7 to Salem and from there hill climb to yercaud. When are planning to do this place? You told it is Oct, you can team up with the team bhp meet which is already planned there !!

2 days will be enough to cover the Yercaud trip. Nothing more than that.

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 09:05   #27
BHPian

Yeah Benny. It would be good to have you join us. Check this out:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...yercaud-1.html

The title is a mis-nomer with kkr2k2 joining from Hyderabad, it is actually quad-state meet.

Cheers,

Rajan
PatchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 22:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Riju, the limitation i face is that i cannot make a trip to any place further off. I have PMed you the reason.

While i have 4 days at my disposal, utilising just 2 for the trip is fine. Prefer to just chill the rest of the time.
Drive to Pondy and you have umpteen places to visit.I know you don't fancy the idea of cheap liquor, how does cheap petrol sound for a change ?

You can get a feel of ECR,the un-adulterated beaches, the French culture and the lovely roads. There is lots to do in Pondy if you are keen on it. Book a room/cottage in a beach resort, laze around the whole day doing nothing. Either ways I will call you tomorrow.
Old 19th September 2011, 22:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Travelogue : My trip to Poor Man's Ooty(Yercaud)

It is fine you had a good relax there in Yercaud. It is not an entertainment place but a relaxing place. As it is very near to salem we can make Salem as a base and visited from Morning to evening. Of course the stay and food is horrible and least choice. Nice to have a night halt for the fresh air in the midst of Nature.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote