Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 24th September 2007, 17:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Travelogue : My saturday at Gopalswamy Betta

Hola folks !!

Had an exciting saturday ,thought let me share it with you all. Read thru my banter and adjust maadi.

Woke up on saturday morning and decided that I head to Bidadi for that mouth watering Thatte Idli's for breakfast. On reaching Bidadi ,I decided to drive further down to Mysore for breakfast since Bidadi was way too crowded.

What next ? Enjoyed my drive all along SH-17 and reached Mysore at about 9am. The only places I would love to have breakfast in Mysore is Green Leaf or Sweet and Spice on Kalidasa Road.

These chaps make awesome Vada Sambar and is to die for its taste. So it was Green Leaf and their Vada Sambar.

I had carried my camera along and thought why not choose a destination since I had nothin to do for the rest of the day.
The best place I could think of was GopalSwamy Betta close to Bandipur which was another 70 kms drive from Mysore.

Asked my lady if she was game for it and instant reply was " ooh yeah lets go" .. Oolaala drove straight to Gopalswamy Betta .

Was a tad bit cloudy and this time around I choose to play some hip-hop numbers for a change. Damn I never knew Hip hop sounded good on my ICE.

To quote a track : Timbaland " The way I are" ..

Am posting up a few pics purely for eye-candy. Enjoy 'em and yes this place has been visited by quite a few of our fellow members.

Shot at the 1st stop from mysore.

Enroute GopalSwamy betta

Old man was too shy when I tried clicking his pic'

Tree in solitude

Shot atop the mountain

View of the Temple

Spent some time atop the mountain and damn it got really cold. Clouds passing by and the fragrance of the flora with every passing wind..oooohhh !!
We never wanted to leave, but then had to get back home.Pulled over at a few places and took some more snaps.

Very curious resident

Sun-flowers

Tender Coconut vendor

Pretty strange way of hanging tender coconuts

Stopped by at Kamat Madhuvan for lunch and had some grub.Started driving back to bangy. I had plans to do the Machinabele Dam also, but then kept that for the next weekend.

Was a pretty un-eventful journey and I thoroughly enjoyed the drive.The weather dint let us down too.

The destination : A must do if you want a calm and peaceful get-away over the weekend.

Took loads of pictures and committed a big blunder. I always shoot at a low ISO and then time around it was somehow set to high and hence most of the pics have visible grains.Will do better next time all pro' photographers .

Route : Bangalore--Mandya--Mysore--Nanjangud--Gundlupet followed the road for a couple of kms and took a right at the 1st village. Landmark would be an arch on the right side of the road.

Thanks for your time people. Will come back with more next weekend.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 24th September 2007 at 18:02.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 18:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Great snaps of an oft clicked place, saturday morning and no crowds??
Why can't I have that kinda luck.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 18:55   #3
Team-BHP Support

Nice write up and very nice pictures, which camera is it? Btw, some of the pictures arent showing up.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 19:17   #4
Jay
BHPian

Nice pics there Riju, Yes it gets quite Chilly at times over there. Nice place to spend sometime. Howcome no pics of the road while climing the hill ? pretty steep at some places.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 19:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hari luckily the place wasnt crowded and made for a good outing.
@mobike I use a Nikon D50 camera.
Jay I really dint want to stop and click since the climb was really steep and I enjoyed it to the fullest.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 24th September 2007 at 19:32.
Old 24th September 2007, 20:57   #6
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Jay I really dint want to stop and click since the climb was really steep and I enjoyed it to the fullest.
... had been there in an Ambi was struggling to climb up at certain places... Coming down was even scary.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 22:04   #7
BHPian

Awesome photos, Riju!!! There is a 'Rudra Sen' in you
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 22:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

xcellent photos , very well captioned...and more than that a very creative mind im sure////
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 22:12   #9
BHPian

Riju,
Fantastic pics Man, which camera did you use? I liked the close pics of Sunflower and Cow.
Did you do some editing on pics before posting, Looks like you played around with the Gamma and saturation.
greatDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 22:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

Gracias men .

Jay another reason why I dint stop is only coz, you sure will hold up traffic behind you. Stopping during the climb or decent isn't recommended @least here since the roads are pretty narrow and the shoulders of the road virtually don't exist.

greatdrive, I use a Nikon D50 and most of the shots have been taken using my new Nikkor 18-135mm and 50mm lenses.

narayan thanks mate and gopi come' on dude Rudra is in a league of his own. I sure cant get there.
Old 25th September 2007, 00:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Great pics Riju. Loved them. Gopalswamy betta is becoming instant hit among T-bhpian's ;-)
kaushik_s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 08:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics Riju !! I too liked H.G. Betta a lot...

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 08:48   #13
Team-BHP Support

Nice trip. Great compositions but with a * mark as I noted before in the non-auto image thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Took loads of pictures and committed a big blunder. I always shoot at a low ISO and then time around it was somehow set to high and hence most of the pics have visible grains.Will do better next time all pro' photographers .
So that's what happened. Yeah, it is hard to fix grainy pics caused by high ISO shots. I did something like that in one of my trips, it happens if your camera doesn't show ISO value on the VF or LCD display constantly. Mine doesn't.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 11:00   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
decided to drive further down to Mysore for breakfast

Sure thats the only reason you headed to Mysore? And as always, lovely photolog
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 12:39   #15
BHPian

rjstyles69:

Great picture postcards !!
-GT- is offline   Reply With Quote