Old 22nd October 2007, 16:06   #76
BHPian

very nice write up was fun reading it.
pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:17   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
blackrr, I agree. Cramster makes some great stuff. As you can see, I am using their turtle tank bag. Great piece of equipment for a ridiculously low price! I didn't know they've started riding pants now! Must check them out. Just wish they had a retailer this side as pants are one thing you need to try on before buying.

found this on their website.

Mumbai
Smart Designs
207, Hanuman Industrial Estate
G.D. Ambekar Marg, Wadala,
Mumbai - 31
Phone:022-2412 2030 / 6663 5228
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:27   #78
BHPian

Default Robin and his Viff

Quote:
Is that your Hornet in the profile pic? Sweet bike. How about starting a thread on it? Did you buy it here or import it down when/if you moved back to India from abroad??
You bet it is..

I just brought it down when I moved from Atlanta and and 24 hours away from being able to ride it... aka getting it insured... I will start a thread on it...
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:09   #79
BHPian

Congrats RTech, now when's that next ride? I hope normal indian bikes (read Zma) are allowed!

OT - how does the bike function with the Reliance petrol in it? And why Reliance Petrol?

Superavi
superavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:05   #80
BHPian

great write up and congrats for ur new ride......looks gr8!!
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:27   #81
Senior - BHPian

Excellent reading this is !!! What a Journey it must have been !!

I have not been riding any bikes for a long time BUT I have this craving deep inside to get me a SBK one day

BTW One thing no one has asked in these 6 pages - How much did the Viff Cost you ?
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:42   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Great ride & Great Bike Robin. I have always loved the VFRs for their Sheer Torque & practical power as well as seating position.

If I am not wrong I had seen the Silver one that you saw initially in pune before it was sold. From what I remeber & if it is the same one it was a well kept bike as well.

But the Red lloks better with t clean papers & everything original. Very happy to know that you got such a well maintained bike.

Congrats on getting the beauty. Hope to see her some day
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 12:32   #83
BHPian

Hey Robin, congrats on your ride mate. Everytime I saw the question mark on your avatar, I would wonder how your search is going and hope you find a good bike soon and you have.

Enjoyed your writeup and appreciate your passion and courage to ride it from Bangalore to Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac
i loved that part. . .speed drops . . to 90-100. I can just imagin then what 'fast' would be.
I had the same thoughts when I read this .

Enjoy your ride, ride safe!!

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 23rd October 2007 at 12:35.
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:43   #84
Senior - BHPian

Congrats RT on the bike. You are living my dream that i had few years ago.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 23rd October 2007 at 17:53.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:01   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superavi
Congrats RTech, now when's that next ride? I hope normal indian bikes (read Zma) are allowed!
OT - how does the bike function with the Reliance petrol in it? And why Reliance Petrol?
Thanks man. Next ride for me is going to have to wait. Will be traveling almost all weekends till mid-December! Lets hope Nov. 11th works out. And quit joking about the bikes allowed! Anything and everything is allowed. Even me and my sidecar.

No particular reason for the reliance pumps. They just happen to be the ones close by when I needed fuel. Also, they are usually far neater than some of the others. The bike runs fine with their fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar
BTW One thing no one has asked in these 6 pages - How much did the Viff Cost you ?
hehe. Actually, it has been asked. And I have answered it in a not so straight forward way You'll have to pick up the clues and guess that one!

@techno: Thanks man. I'm sure you would like this sort of bike. The silver one was from Pune. Decent condition, but for the rhs radiator which is patched up.
But yea, the red does look far better!

Thanks again balenopower, S@~+#0$# (wth is that !! lol)! Satish, what's your dream now? A 2008 Busa ??
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:08   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Satish, what's your dream now? A 2008 Busa ??
Not dreaming anymore about bikes. Given a chance i want to buy a sports tourer but if i ever can save that type of money.

The first promise i made to myself when my son was born, i will give him a super bike. He is only 10 months old now.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:24   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish
The first promise i made to myself when my son was born, i will give him a super bike.
Wow. You're every kids dream dad! Wish my Dad had that very dream!
But instead he gave me the opportunity and knowledge to obtain the means to get one, which in the long run is far more appreciated. Kind of like the saying "give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach him to fish...."
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:41   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn, B'lore to Mumbai in 12 hrs. Probably 10 if there was no traffic and bad roads. Which Indian car you think would have kept pace with you
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 10:12   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Which Indian car you think would have kept pace with you
Any of them I think! They'd all make up 1.5 hours on me on that bad section. Plus they don't need to stop as many times for gas. Also, I remember reading somewhere about a member (forget his name) that does it quite regularly in his Scorpio. It's not a fast pace and can be easily done by most here if they don't take too many breaks.
Old 24th October 2007, 11:01   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Damn, B'lore to Mumbai in 12 hrs. Probably 10 if there was no traffic and bad roads. Which Indian car you think would have kept pace with you
This month's ACI has an article of a trip around teh golden quadrilateral in a toyota corolla.

I believe the Bangalore mumbai stretch was done in exactly 12hours with a fully laden car. They had someone from MAI (2l8uloose/Zavo) in the back.

The entire golden quad was covered in 87hrs and 50 mins i.e. bangalore to bangalore.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote