Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 26th November 2007, 11:43   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi sreenidhi,
If you have taken any pics of this temple please post it.
A couple of photos of the temple, taken from outside. I did not take any inside

Quote:
I had been their only once and was very impressed. History says, under 100ft below the Lord Ranganatha idol present in Garbhagudi here is "Armutha"(God's water) in a vessel or so, and at some point of time in future it overflows and spreads all over the place(Please don't laugh guys!). These are my relatives' gyan sent to me.

Ramki.
Very interesting. I was not aware.
sreenidhibr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 12:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi sreenidhi,
History says, under 100ft below the Lord Ranganatha idol present in Garbhagudi here is "Armutha"(God's water) in a vessel or so, and at some point of time in future it overflows and spreads all over the place(Please don't laugh guys!). These are my relatives' gyan sent to me.
I would like to have some
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 13:55   #18
BHPian

Ok thanks sri for the pics.
Their is also an ancient temple, at the top of the hill which is next to this village (I don't exactly remember the name of the hill or temple).. but this is a very calm place and their is no motor route to this place, its only through trekking for about 1.5 hours. Inquiring with the villagers you can get the exact route to take.

Ramki.
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 10:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

The directions till Malavalli are extremely clear, but is it a straight road after it to reach Gagana/ Bara Chukki.

Are the diversions to these falls marked (in english) or are there chances of getting lost searching for them.

Any landmarks/points for the turns on the Mallavi- Sivasamundram road for these falls ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenidhibr View Post
Route:-
Bangalore-Bidadi-Maddur-Malavalli-Shivanasamudra.

Drive :-

Shivanasamudra is a further 20kms from Malavalli. However, a 5 kms stretch of road beyond Malavalli is in a pathetic state; a mud road infact . ....

Instead of stopping first at Shivanasamudra (Gagana chukki falls), we proceeded towards Bara chukki falls, which is a further 13 kms away. Our first stop was Sri Ranganatha temple, also known as Madhya Ranga. At Bara chukki, we parked the car on top and descended till the foot of the falls. It was fun time playing in flowing river - especially with the kids . Most of our time was spent here.

Look at this MAP

Last edited by dadu : 29th November 2007 at 10:46. Reason: Added MAP
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 11:08   #20
BHPian

dadu,

It is indeed a straight road from malavalli to shivanasamudra. There are some deviations to go to Talakkad though but clearly marked in English.

Its plain simple to find Shivanasamudra, just keep driving straight from Malavalli until a board announces taking left to shivanasamudra. Its an absolute waste of time to visit that viewpoint, hence You should continue driving straight, after about 8kms You will see Barachukki falls.

While coming back You can spend sometime near Dargah and get a closer view of the falls.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote