Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 11th September 2009, 21:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
I am planning to trip to Nandi Hills (near Bangalore) in my new Linea this weekend. I have not visited Nandi Hills in last 10 years. Can someone tell me the best route (I stay in Banashankari) and also the condition of the roads? Also what are the good restaurants on the way or at Nandi hills?
Katurba? --> Millers --> Mekri circle -->Hebbal flyover -->and keep following the Airport signs. Once you cross the airport, there will be a railway cross after sometime. Then you see a Jain temple (sort of) on top of the hill to your left side. Then slow down and look for a easily missable board thats Nandhi hills 24KMs.

Take that left and continue till the dead end. Take the left in the dead end and you will see a Nandhi satue right in the middle of the road/junction. Take that right, and its the start.

Good luck, and have a safe drive.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 09:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

also another pointer , here nandi Hills is best visited early in the morning or during sunset , less crowd and the best views. I have been there numerous times at various times of the day and , believe me an early morning visit and return by around 1030 hrs leave your surprising refreshed.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 10:38   #18
BHPian

Good point hellstar, my last 10 visits corroborates the same. Early morning is the best time to go.

achitng, you can load up on feed/drinks at the nandi statue turn. After that there is nothing till you reach the nandi hills gate.
KishoreC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 14:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
I am planning to trip to Nandi Hills (near Bangalore) in my new Linea this weekend. I have not visited Nandi Hills in last 10 years. Can someone tell me the best route (I stay in Banashankari) and also the condition of the roads? Also what are the good restaurants on the way or at Nandi hills?
Follow MJ's directions, you will land up in Nandi Hills. About hotels, there in one hotel on top of the hill but the food is OK...It is better you carry the food from Bangalore itself. On the way to hills you will find some darshinis.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 18:05   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Follow MJ's directions, you will land up in Nandi Hills. About hotels, there in one hotel on top of the hill but the food is OK...It is better you carry the food from Bangalore itself. On the way to hills you will find some darshinis.
There is the KSTDC Maurya restaurant at the top. Good is pretty OK, was there couple of months back.
dreamdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 20:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

There was one more Dhaba sort of thing before (5-6KMs???) the Nandi hills left turn from the highways when going from Bangy.

We were there with our regular groups this forum, and food was very reasonable.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 20:12   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
There was one more Dhaba sort of thing before (5-6KMs???) the Nandi hills left turn from the highways when going from Bangy.

We were there with our regular groups this forum, and food was very reasonable.
I had tea at the same place when i went there on a solo drive this morning. Tea was really good, i must say!

This pic was taken in the morning today.

Name:  DSC01118.JPG
Views: 2930
Size:  62.4 KB
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote