Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 27th January 2008, 16:26   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yes, unless those 'ladies' want to be paid in booze instead of cash.
Well, if its ladies who want the booze, it would be a pleasure as you know what would be in store for you next
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 19:43   #17

Hi Vnabhi,

I liked the Rayachur-Hubli route to Bijapur-Belgaom and you can visit Hampi on the way. I got FE of 18kmpl . Palolem is 70KM from Panaji, it will take an hour .
dsreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 22:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

That is good mileage, dsreddy. I never got more than 16.5 on my WagonR on long trips, but they were with max usage of AC.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 10:22   #19

dear dsreddy,

enjoyed your travelogue. Last year I travelled with two of my friends from Hyderabad to Shirdi to Goa and back from Goa to Hyderabad.

Travelling back from Goa to Hyderabad, I took the LONDA route to Belgaum. From Belgaum reached Raichur via Bagalkot. This stretch was the best, excellent road, only hiccups being the frequent speed breakers.

In the route query also I did not come across this route. I do not understand why people are not travelling this route. Route seemed to be shorter and the road conditions were also fine.

Across the Karnataka border, we did not pay any mamool. In fact we were carrying 6 bottles of liqour with permits and around 20 satchets of port wine and four bottles of port wine which donot require any permit. All these were placed in a cardboard box and kept in the back seat with a public view, hence we were not checked or asked for mamool. May be it was sheer luck.

Anyway I wanted to know & meet people from Hyderabad who would love company in long drives min. 2000 kms round trip, just for the fun of travelling.

my mail id is drvarma1@rediffmail.com

enjoy travelling.
drvarma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 20:47   #20

Hi Varma,

It's nice to know that you have tried Belgaom-Bagalkot-Raichur route. I also wonder why people who go to Goa from Hyderabad always prefer Bijapur-Belgaom route. Probably they do not aware of raichur-Hubly, raichur-bagalkot-belgaom road conditions , but these are the shortest and straight roads to Goa.

I love long road drives . Let me know if you plan any long road drive, If possible i will join with you. My mailid- dsanjeevreddy2@gmail.com
dsreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2008, 18:11   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvarma1 View Post

Anyway I wanted to know & meet people from Hyderabad who would love company in long drives min. 2000 kms round trip, just for the fun of travelling.

my mail id is drvarma1@rediffmail.com

enjoy travelling.
Dear drvarma,

You seem a traveler. I also like to travel over long distances. I belong to Delhi and always go to Delhi from Hyderabad by road. I drive over 1600 Km without taking a nap when I go to Delhi. If you plan to go for drives it will be fun.....let us keep in touch.

Vik
Vikrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 11:15   #22
BHPian

Hi all,

Has anybody travelled between Hyderabad to Hubli recently. I am planning to drive next week. Any road update?
nityanand.s.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 14:22   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityanand.s.s View Post
Hi all,

Has anybody travelled between Hyderabad to Hubli recently. I am planning to drive next week. Any road update?
Freakster travelled to Hubli on independence weekend and he took the following route :

Hyd-memboobnagar-raichur-sindanur-koppal-gadag-hubli

The road is fabulous it seems except for 10-20km between Gadag-Hubli but it is not that bad at all. You can take this route without any problems.
Old 28th August 2008, 14:43   #24
BHPian

We travelled via Hubli-Koppal-Sindhnur-Raichur-Mehbubnagar route while returning from Goa during Feb. Sindhnur-Raichur road was really good with very less traffic. Road between Hubli and Koppal is average but you can still maintain speed between 70-80.

However road conditions might have changed a bit now because the monsoons.
watashi75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 18:06   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
We travelled via Hubli-Koppal-Sindhnur-Raichur-Mehbubnagar route while returning from Goa during Feb. Sindhnur-Raichur road was really good with very less traffic. Road between Hubli and Koppal is average but you can still maintain speed between 70-80.

However road conditions might have changed a bit now because the monsoons.
Dude, i am giving an update as on Aug 15th. Is it not clear from my post?
Old 28th August 2008, 18:20   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Dude, i am giving an update as on Aug 15th. Is it not clear from my post?
Sorry mobike008, noticed your post after I had already posted!
watashi75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 16:41   #27
BHPian

Thumbs up Hyd - Delhi... Would Love to do it!

Hyd to Delhi!!!

Dude, I am frm delhi too, but I am stuck in Hyd with my Job and I have been planning since ages to travel all the way to Delhi by road

Let me know when u do it the next time it can be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikrocks View Post
Dear drvarma,

You seem a traveler. I also like to travel over long distances. I belong to Delhi and always go to Delhi from Hyderabad by road. I drive over 1600 Km without taking a nap when I go to Delhi. If you plan to go for drives it will be fun.....let us keep in touch.

Vik
rajatkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 00:00   #28
BHPian

Has anybody tried the Panaji- Ramnagar-Hubli road recently, i was advised against taking this road by couple of locals in Ramnagar in May09. The road i was told was fit only for trucks defintely not for cars.
Rajiv-Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 12:05   #29
BHPian

I liked the crisp trip report. More photographs are needed.
Indizen08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 19:07   #30
BHPian

As suggested the Raichur to Koppal excellent road.I still remember the streatch from Sindanoor to gangavathi 42kms used to take 2.30mins till 2002, now good road There is acrossing called Golguppa crossing from there ther is short cut to Koppal road is narrow but ok for about 18kms.From there to Hubli is good except for lot of lorry traffic.Crossing Hubli takes an hour and you have ask at several junctions.From there to Karwar good road.At the Ankola Junction you have to go on the Manglore road for 2kms for a good meal at Kamat.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote