Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 23rd May 2008, 13:16   #16
BHPian

great write up I am headed up to kasauli on tuesday for a break any update on the roadwork past ambala ?
whatcanthisbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2008, 23:51   #17
BHPian

Good Article Suman, Loved the pictures. It has captured the trip succinctly
NRKUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 11:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good travelogue Suman ji. I had been to Kasauli a few years back with few friends and now wifey ( then GF )

Lovely place it was. I remember going to Ros Common for a fantastic Lunch & Beer. Also I remember this place - Monkeytop I think, where you climb a lot and visit a Hanuman Mandir. Also I think you can see a part of the Air Force station from there.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 10:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Lovely place it was. I remember going to Ros Common for a fantastic Lunch & Beer. Also I remember this place - Monkeytop I think, where you climb a lot and visit a Hanuman Mandir. Also I think you can see a part of the Air Force station from there.
Yes, its a beautiful place, so peaceful & serene. Yup, Monkey Point is the place that you are referring to.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 03:40   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
OK guys, since we’re close to celebrating the anniversary of our trip to Kasauli in March last year, I thought it was high time that I posted a brief travelogue!

& then walked up towards what they called sunrise point or something. It was a long & steep climb & none of us were really inclined to walk another 3-4 kms so we came back midway after soaking in the nice smells of the forest so to speak & decided to do it the next time around. ]
Dunno how I missed this travelogue ... As for sunrise point , I don't remember any such point but there is a place called ' Monkey Point ' and the only way of getting to the top was by walking and the view from the top definitely made it worthwhile . Dunno if they made a road up that or then we could be talking of two different spots .

You should go up to my part of the woods .. I myself havnt been home for almost 7 months now and dying to get away !! Your story has made me want to get away even more .

nice write up cheers:
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 08:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Lovely log Suman, and refreshing photos!
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 11:01   #22
Team-BHP Support

Hey, lovely trip report, not sure how I missed this before, this appears to be a very nice vacation spot.

BTW, I am honoured to know I inspired you into writing this, even I was shocked at the precision of timing and distance until you revealed the secret.

It is never too late to write a travelogue.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote