Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 7th March 2008, 14:38   #16
PVS
BHPian

The Paapikondalu section can be done from the Bhadrachalam side as well. Of course you first need to get to a place 'Sri Ramgiri' (Near Koonavaram) about 60 Kms downstream from Bhadrachalam. From Sri Raamgiri, you have boats that ply to & from Paapikondalu. Typically they start off around 0830 hours and get back by 1730 hours. Food (Breakfast, Lunch & Evening snacks) is included in the ticket, which costs about Rs 500/- approximately.

These boats are run by private operators - don't have their contact numbers at present, but can get them.

Punnami Bhadrachalam is a convinient place for a sleep - over in case you reach Bhadrachalam by late evening or night.
PVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 15:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Yes all the bridges are very close to one of the two railway station. The one on the left side in the two bridges pictures is not operational for the last 12 years. This was built during British. Once the train gets on to the bridge, it gives me a warmth homely feeling. The river and the bridges are identity of Rajahmundry.
I'm not sure if the old British bridge is still operational. When I was a kid, that was the only rail bridge, and the train used to go over it at a speed not more than 10 kmph. As a result, one could get a good glimpse of the awesome river below for nearly 25 minutes or so. I recall seeing many people tossing coins at the mighty river below.
After hearing many stories about the bridge from my dad, I always long to take a look at it whenever I pass through Rajamundry.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 15:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post

These boats are run by private operators - don't have their contact numbers at present, but can get them.

I thought there were AP tourism flags on the boats. yeah there are private operators also apart from the govt run ones.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote