Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2008, 08:17   #1
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Mysore-Tirupati query

Hi, i would be visiting my sister in Mysore on thursday and wanted to visit tirupati from there.

Can someone suggest the best way of visiting tirupati and getting darshan there in least possible time?

Thanks
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 13:57   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,350
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

You should have direct bus services from Mysore to Tirumala. Take an overnite bus. Should be a 7 to 8 hr journey max. Both tourist and Government operated buses are available.

There used to be this package deal where everything is taken care of. It is run by KSRTC and/or by AP Tourism. They basically take care of travel, darshan, food etc. Ideal for people who can't travel by themselves or don't know the local language. Just enquire at KSRTC in Mysore.

Getting darshan at least possible time is not given when it comes to Tirumala. General guidelines are to avoid weekends, any holidays or auspicious days. Try to get there early morning or late evenings to have a better chance of darshan. You also have tickets at various prices when facilitate faster darshan. The higher you pay, faster it can get.

If you hire a car: Route is Mysore - Bangalore (get to Old Madras Road) - K.R. Puram - Hoskote - Kolar bypass - Mulbagal bypass - Palmaner - Chittoor (outer, take a left towards Tirupathi. This is well marked) - Tirupathi - Tirumala.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 14:08   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 381
Thanked: 2 Times
Smile

Follow the above.

If you have not made any arrangements for the darshan, its best to go thru some travel agency by bus, who will arrange everything you.

most of the packages include
travel - to & fro
hotel (transit & refreshing)
breakfast/lunch
darshan (usually within 2 hrs)

from Bangalore it costs about 1200-1500 pp, add a couple of hundreds from Mysore.

Cheers
eclectix 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 14:14   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 121
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

I recommend opting the Archana-nandra package from APSTDC or ITDC. you will spend roughly 1.5hrs in the queue. it cost 1400 per head last year from Bangalore. the bus leaves around 8pm gives you accomodation for bath in Tirupati. you will be back in Bangalore around 4pm the next day
suvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 18:53   #5
BHPian
 
gypsyFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore-Benglur
Posts: 320
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

KSTDC has a package to Tirupathi from Mysore.

Details:

SCHEDULE : Thursday
Departure : 10.00 p.m. 1st day.
Return : 9.00 p.m. 2nd day.
Fare : Rs.1200/-(including darshan & accommodation for bathing)
Transportation : by Road.
Accommodation : Hotel Mayura Sapthagiri, Tirumala
Place :Tirupathi, Mangapura (Venkateshwara Temple, Govindarajaswamy Temple and Padmavathi Temple.)

KSTDC web: Frameset 1
gypsyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 19:27   #6
BHPian
 
gods-envy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 470
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

just checked the prices yest, they are now at 1320 per person for a 1 day trip
all one day trips booked for this weekend.
the only option is to take a 2 day trip which leaves bangalore on friday night and u return on sunday night, cost is about 1400 something...
Places covered are :- Tirupati and Kalahasthi

For a one day darshan, ITDC does planned tours only from Sunday to thursday..
weekends are usually 2 day trips, to cope with the huge rush
gods-envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 19:56   #7
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
KSTDC has a package to Tirupathi from Mysore.

Details:

SCHEDULE : Thursday
Departure : 10.00 p.m. 1st day.
Return : 9.00 p.m. 2nd day.
Fare : Rs.1200/-(including darshan & accommodation for bathing)
Transportation : by Road.
Accommodation : Hotel Mayura Sapthagiri, Tirumala
Place :Tirupathi, Mangapura (Venkateshwara Temple, Govindarajaswamy Temple and Padmavathi Temple.)

KSTDC web: Frameset 1
Thanks gypsy...how do i book this from mysore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
just checked the prices yest, they are now at 1320 per person for a 1 day trip
all one day trips booked for this weekend.
the only option is to take a 2 day trip which leaves bangalore on friday night and u return on sunday night, cost is about 1400 something...
Places covered are :- Tirupati and Kalahasthi

For a one day darshan, ITDC does planned tours only from Sunday to thursday..
weekends are usually 2 day trips, to cope with the huge rush
thanks gods..again how do i book this?
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 20:03   #8
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,477
Thanked: 158 Times
Default

Very Simple go to any of the one ITDC / KSRTC / APSRTC counter at Msore or Bengaluru and you can ask for the package tour to Tirumala an you will be booked

Have a good trip & enjoy the Darshan of Venkateshwara Swamy

Call any of these numbers found it on the Internet

call 12666, 22383361/62, 22350529, 51136053, 51208999, 9845025371, 9845705745, 9844044077 or 9845707475. — Staff Reporter

Last edited by gowda79 : 17th March 2008 at 20:05.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 20:23   #9
rkg
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 543 Times
Default

among these packages APTDC is better because it includes AAD( archananthara darshan) at morning 5 AM. if you happen to be there on friday it will be called NPD (nijapada darshan)one can see the god venketeswara with out any ornaments. check for futher details at APTDC website. there is no office at mysore as per website
Accommodation Stay Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh, Tourism Destinations & Places
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 10:14   #10
BHPian
 
gypsyFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore-Benglur
Posts: 320
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

please check the next post...

Last edited by gypsyFreak : 18th March 2008 at 10:24. Reason: not readable
gypsyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 10:21   #11
BHPian
 
gypsyFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore-Benglur
Posts: 320
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

Quote:
Thanks gypsy...how do i book this from mysore?
As gowda79 mentioned, just call and book. Karnataka State Tourism Development Corportation (KSTDC), Mysore numbers:

Since you are starting from Mysore, i guess KSTDC is the best bet.

Tel:+91-821-2425349,2425597,2426160

Tel: 91-0821-2423652
gypsyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 13:50   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
akroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 2,414
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
among these packages APTDC is better because it includes AAD( archananthara darshan) at morning 5 AM. if you happen to be there on friday it will be called NPD (nijapada darshan)one can see the god venketeswara with out any ornaments. check for futher details at APTDC website. there is no office at mysore as per website
Accommodation Stay Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh, Tourism Destinations & Places
APTDC is the best. Try for the Volvo package first. it was excellent. I have personally done it and it was excellent.

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 20:23   #13
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
APTDC is the best. Try for the Volvo package first. it was excellent. I have personally done it and it was excellent.

Abhi
:( back from mysore.

couldnt go to tirupati as there was no availability.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query rajshenoy Route / Travel Queries 398 30th October 2017 23:25
Pune-Tirupati-Mysore-ooty!! what else can be done? amit_mechengg Route / Travel Queries 18 21st September 2011 12:16
Travel guidance to Tirupati, Krishnagiri, Ooty and Mysore viv1984 Route / Travel Queries 13 15th May 2009 12:53
Tirupati - Pune route query sreenidhibr Route / Travel Queries 5 28th August 2008 13:56
Mysore-Hosa agrahara-Shravanabelagola-Srirangapatna-Mysore pmvelu Travelogues 4 2nd March 2008 22:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks