Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 7th April 2008, 15:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Trip to Home town - Singara Chennai.

I was just visiting chennai to sell my car (TN reg) there. Why is this in Travalogue? Well, on the way back we just had unplanned visit to some places. Ok, now the travelogue.

Due to the Hogenakkal issue and our fellow bhp-ians suggesstions, I started early in the morning around 5am from home on 5th Saturday, April'08. We were on the Outer-ring road and reached Hosur around 6:00am. No issues on the street.

Btw, I noticed that a truck and a Sumo was coming down from the flyover bear the hosur. But it was coming on the wrong directions??

I see that, as we go from bangalore, we cross the flyover and there is a left turn to get into the bridge (thats what i understood seeing the signs on the ramps.). But these 2 guys were coming down. Is it because of odd hours in morning? Or my undertanding was wrong?

When we crossed the border, after like 5 or 10 mins of drive, there was so much of traffic. We saw that the traffic was halted. We were little worried if we did a wrong decision of travelling on that day. Luckily, nothing happened and the traffic started to move in 15-20 mins.

We hit the Adayar Ananda bhavan on the other side of Hosur before reaching the Krishnagiri. We never knew that there was such a good hotel. We saw some food signs in the BP bunk and entered and to our surprise, it was a A2B. Had good pongal, vada. Kids started to play on the ground in there, so just packed food for them. Well maintained toilet. Seems these are new openings. Not sure when was this opened. But seems to be a real good place for BF.

Kids on duty
Name:  IMG_1929.JPG
Views: 1820
Size:  89.7 KB
Name:  IMG_1931.JPG
Views: 1699
Size:  93.2 KB
Name:  IMG_1932.JPG
Views: 1850
Size:  68.5 KB
After BF we started to chennai. We could see that there was several Trucks of police on the Krishnagiri before the Dindivanam right turn. But no issues and street was quiet.

Then we stopped on the way in the NH-7 near one of the Lorry Bay. Kids had their breakfast there and we had a small photo session there since we had a new "friend" over there.
Nice view from lorry bay on NH-7
Name:  IMG_1933.JPG
Views: 1729
Size:  52.4 KB
Kids new friend
Name:  IMG_1939.JPG
Views: 2340
Size:  117.2 KB
We had plan to visit Golden Temple in Vellore, but came to know about some procession or meeting of PMK in city and just skipped it. After crossing Vellore, suddenly I saw a huge Hanuman statue just on the road and stopped.
Jai Sriram
Trip to Home town - Singara Chennai.-img_1944.jpg
I was curious to see this since it was new and painted newly. May be thats why it made us stop to have a look at there. The place is called Kazanipakkam. We walked a little inside and could see that there was a very small temple. Just gave a talk to the nearby villagers and they said that this temple was a very old one and they just renovating it in the front with this huge statue. Nothing was done to that rocks and pillars in the name of renovation. Had good dharshan and sat for sometime. The place is very clam and had a sugarcane field next to it.
View from Sugarcane field
Name:  IMG_1943.JPG
Views: 2055
Size:  95.3 KB
Good environment. Then started to chennai.

When we touched Sriperambadur we thought of peeping into the Rajiv Gandhi Memorial place. Several times we passed by and even stayed several nights in my uncle home in Sriperambadur, but never visited this place. So, we visited this place. This place is very nicely maintained. Its full of green. But we went at wrong time. It was almost noon and hence sun was roasting us like anything. Went around the place and then started to chennai.

Jai Hind
Trip to Home town - Singara Chennai.-img_1964.jpg
Name:  IMG_1968.JPG
Views: 1445
Size:  96.3 KB
Name:  IMG_1975.JPG
Views: 1511
Size:  107.9 KB
After crossing the Poonamalle by pass bridge and just 300m after that, I was hold for speeding :( He claimed I did 60kmph. He said max is 45 and we leave up to 50kmph. But I was 10kmph beyond. So, paid 300bucks and spent almost an hour to cross the Maduravoil to reach the Nerkundram. I dont want to keep moving in that traffic and hence took the exit from there to Annanagar through the Golden eagle private bridge and headed to my home. Atlast, we are @ home by 1:15pm.

One thing i noticed in this trip is, the number of vehicles (from bullock carts to tractor to trucks) that comes in wrong direction, is only increasing in every visit. When are these guys going to be taught a lesson??

KMs done : 370
Route : Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Vellore - Chennai
Vehicle : Zen LXi
Max Sped : 110kmph
Ave Speed : 90kmph
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 15:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
KMs done : 370
Route : Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Vellore - Chennai
Vehicle : Zen LXi
Max Sped : 110kmph
Ave Speed : 90kmph
7 hours for 370km is not an average of 90kmph.

How did you get back to bangy ? & whats your next car gonna be ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 16:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
7 hours for 370km is not an average of 90kmph.

How did you get back to bangy ? & whats your next car gonna be ?
I had stopped almost for 2.5 hrs in between. And one hour in crossing Maduravoil. I would have walked much faster if I did that.

Btw, how do we calculate the average . Does it include start to end time or just travel time or travel time in highways?

I took the train today morning. Brindavan Exp.

Not decided yet on the next car. But love to own a Lancer. Ofcourse, no purchase without you guys input
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 16:19   #4
BHPian

Nice report. Zen to Lancer is quite a good upgrade!
Traxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 10:39   #5
BHPian

Very Practical write up. So finally have you sold your car?

Which car you are planning or having?
snb77 is offline   Reply With Quote