Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 17th April 2008, 17:14   #421
Senior - BHPian

No you got it wrong. The one in the mirror is usually closer to Danny.

btw - I see a faint "Sunil Shetty" in the 1st picture of yours.
Old 17th April 2008, 17:29   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Ummm guys? This must be quite frustrating for TheOne®, who has no idea who any of these Gentlemen in question are.

Please be considerate.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 17th April 2008 at 17:32.
Old 17th April 2008, 17:46   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
OK here's another remix for B&T

Mangy superstar, that is what you are
Comin from udupi, reachin for the smirnoff

No sorry, this is not working.
Change that to...

Mangy superstar, that is what you are
Comin from udupi, reachin for the kuppi (bottle)
Listen to that beat from his car
its time for ICE an he's headin to the local bar!
Old 17th April 2008, 17:50   #424
Senior - BHPian

Sam ! I think people are very impatient to wait for the next post and pictures, so do I. Its another way of killing time (movie star talks etc.), but sticking to the thread without fail for sure !! Lately I have completely forgotten about cars, engines and sounds; totaly in the mood of travelling and relaxing. Atleast some change in the daily routines. Thanks for that.

Last edited by shajufx : 17th April 2008 at 18:01. Reason: addition
Old 17th April 2008, 17:51   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Ummm guys? This must be quite frustrating for TheOne®, who has no idea who any of these Gentlemen in question are.

Please be considerate.
No use Sam, we are like this only.

It's all your fault. You should taken her to the movies (subtitles or no subtitles). Now this is a nice way to learn about Bollywood for The One.
Old 17th April 2008, 18:13   #426
BHPian

What at great thread. Sam and Jenny, thank you for sharing your trip and your life with us
Old 17th April 2008, 18:39   #427
BHPian

Default Bangalore - day 12

We take an early flight to Bangalore, so the morning is quite uneventful.

We reach Bangalore and due to Sam’s non-working Blackberry have to wait for quite a bit until we find out where our car and driver are. While we have to wait I look around me and though I don’t have any proof yet I have the feeling I will like this city. I see first green trees around me, blue sky and no hint of all those high-risers. Super! Lets see the rest soon.

First, we drive to our apartment. On our way I see my first impression confirmed. Though there is a lot of traffic I like what I see. It seems cleaner and brighter – the area seems wider, not as narrowed as Mumbai, and there is a lot of green around. Again, I see cheerful people all around me as our car dives into the daily hustle bustle on the streets. I am told later that the infrastructure in Bangalore is not the best but I did not get to see any bad roads etc.

On our way we stop to buy some fruit. I love the colourful variety you get here. Red banana? Wow, I have never even heard of that before. I cannot hold back, we end up with watermelon, chickoo, banana, pineapple, pomegranate (a lot sweeter than the ones we get in Germany) and last but not least, finally some mango! YES!!!

The apartment is absolutely fantastic. Now I understand why Sam always loves to stay in Bangalore when he is on business. We quickly unpack, then go by the JBL store. After that we drive to the office, where I meet new people and are taken around. I get to taste the first freshly made apple juice in my life, ummm – that was not so much to my taste to be frank.

Then we continue our city tour. We drive to this huge park in the middle of town. I absolutely love it. Though the surroundings are very different, of course, it feels a tiiiiny little bit like home. Being in a city but have nature around you as well – yeah!

The park is brilliant. As we walk around it always changes, always there are new things to see. Pavillon, fountain, big lawns, trees in all different sizes (some with huge wasps’ nests hanging down from - HELP!) and in all different colours – pink, white, red, purple -, rose gardens, a little lotus pond, little bridges, palm trees, and without any warning we suddenly stand in front of this nice lake. We are having a great time, feeling at peace with us and the world. I think we spend something like 2 or 3 hours in this park, one more couple amongst all the other Indian couples occupying the many benches and places around, lol.

Then we go back to the apartment. It is slowly getting dark. Rudra and Jaggu are supposed to meet us later in the evening. We decide to go and have some light dinner before because even though I am in India for almost two weeks now I am still not used to those late dinners. And also, all the drinking takes place before dinner. How unusual! I need some food in my stomach first or I will end up totally drunk in no time lol.

Rudra and Jaggu arrive and we cheerfully chat for a couple of hours, the guys with their whiskeys and I with my glass(es) of wine.

Rudra and Jaggu: thanks for coming over, it was fantastic meeting you and I hope we will see each other again soon. Maybe with some more T-BHPians to join then?!
Old 17th April 2008, 20:41   #428
Senior - BHPian

Oh boy what a thread this is...... India looks like a foreign country to me....

I have been away from tbhp for few weeks and now puffing along to catch with you.... I am still in your 6th day.....i mean page # 21. Sam, will meet you soon.
Old 17th April 2008, 21:47   #429
Senior - BHPian

@ Sam and Jenny - sorry for being a pest but I just had to post.

@ B&T - how is this for a double ? Check your picture in the centre !

Name:  bt.JPG
Views: 2633
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  sureshmenon.jpg
Views: 2660
Size:  27.4 KB
Old 17th April 2008, 21:54   #430
BHPian

Sam : Where are you, we need the next set of pics otherwise we will see much more of these "striking resemblance" posts.
Old 17th April 2008, 21:58   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

@ B&T - how is this for a double ? Check your picture in the centre !
The only thing double is B&T's chin .
Looks like a perfect before and after set though.
NC
Old 17th April 2008, 22:22   #432
Team-BHP Support

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
Rudra and Jaggu: thanks for coming over, it was fantastic meeting you and I hope we will see each other again soon. Maybe with some more T-BHPians to join then?!
Any time Jenny, call us before 2 am and we are there cheers:

oops we were late due to some unavoidable "International Integration" happening on certain apple machine that we all know off

And yes next time definitely along with my better half and Tbhp ians.
Old 17th April 2008, 23:08   #433
BHPian

Default Bangalore and Trip to Chennai - Day 13

In the morning we go checking out some other park first. Again, this one is huge – it doesn’t feel like you are in the middle of town to be honest.

From there we go downtown and walk around, looking at those awesome buildings and refreshing ourselves with some exotic fruits in between. The government buildings as well as the library and the high-court are huge, glamorous and very well-preserved. We look at them with a sense of delight. I must admit though that I am very disappointed that you cannot enter and look around a bit further. I try convincing the one policeman about this but he just brushes this crazy tourist off. No chance!

After quite some time we go back to our apartment by rickshaw and pack our stuff. One last visit at the JBL store and then we are off to the main train station to take a train to Chennai.

Sam booked this train because before I came I said I wanted to try out the local trains. He was not very amused in the beginning, even less as I announced that I wanted to take a train in Mumbai to his office. I guess this was his compromise haha. That way I wouldn’t be alone with my first train experience (though obviously I got a bit cheated here as this train is definitely not comparable to the ones within Mumbai of which I saw pictures).

However, our train arrives on time (I am quite impressed lol) and we get in. Huh? Sam, this is funny!
Why?
Look at all those fans on the ceiling.
He laughs. Of course, what do you do if the air conditioning fails? You will die in here with that heat!
Ah, ok.

Well, I wouldn’t have a problem if the air conditioning fails right now, it is a bit cold in here I think to myself. Sam obviously can read my mind as he offers me his jeans and t-shirt to wear, the only things we could easily drag out of our suitcase. Ah, better!

The big advantage of travelling by train is that you actually get to see something of the country. So for the first hour I am constantly staring out of the window, taking pictures now and then. Unfortunately, it begins to get dark soon after. Sam is happy listening to his music, so I turn back to my book and the food that is once again placed in front of me. There wasn’t an hour passing by without the service of food, how amazing!

We arrive in Chennai in the evening and are picked up by sideways! One more T-BHPian I get to meet. As soon as we get out of the train he spots us and takes our luggage, not listening to our objections. We follow him across the train station and I am thinking How does he do this? That suitcase is so heavy and he carries it as if it is nothing, not even putting it down for a bit. Ah well, I am glad I am a woman hehe.

The train station is full, people are sitting and lying everywhere on the ground – there is hardly any empty space left. Sam and I are amazed.

We get into Farhan’s car (now that is an impressive one!!!) and off we are to his house. We arrive soon after and meet his lovely wife and rest of the family. We are their guests for this night and the following three days. Everybody is very kind and friendly and I feel comfortable with all of them from the very beginning, a good sign seeing that we will not be able to escape now anymore hahaha. We end this day with a superb dinner, lots of stories and laughter. I am very much looking forward to the upcoming days

Last edited by TheOne® : 17th April 2008 at 23:11.
Old 18th April 2008, 02:35   #434
BHPian

Jenny - Its so good to know that you liked Bangalore!! Me and my wife have been following this thread from day one and You and SAm just make our day so great. Thank you.

Eagerly waiting for the rest of the trip!!
Old 18th April 2008, 08:41   #435
BHPian

Comeon Sam and Jenny.No breaks no interruptions continue please.
I was showing pictures to my wife.Sam and Jenny please dont make my life difficult.My wife is also not India.When she saw all those pictures all of a sudden she got new ideas.Man awesome pictures and your words ...beautyyyyy....

Last edited by jerish666 : 18th April 2008 at 08:43.
Closed Thread