Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 21st April 2008, 12:39   #496
Senior - BHPian

I know that you get bikinis at Benetton as one of ex-girlfriends had bought one for 2k. DAMN thats expensive!

Sam, I'd like to know where they're available in Goa.

I've also heard that Arambol beach is similar(nude).
Old 21st April 2008, 12:50   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I know that you get bikinis at Benetton as one of ex-girlfriends had bought one for 2k. DAMN thats expensive!

Sam, I'd like to know where they're available in Goa.

You get excellent imported Bikinis at the markets around Baga and Calangute (Demand and supply, I guess) - these are garments shops that sell excellent football shorts, swimsuits, trunks, beach shirts etc. Most stuff comes from Thailand and Malaysia.
Normal price is between 300 to 650.

I've been to Arambol a few times. I did not find a clothes-free area. Both Arambol and Palolim are perfect for non-hippy, non druggy bikini sunbathing. There are even areas (run by Goan boys) where you can pay a little and you get sunbathing chairs, umbrellas peace and quiet and best of all, security against voyeurs and snapparazzis. Being topless is perfectly acceptable within these areas and is quite common to see. Once again, 99% of the tourists are foreigners.

However Arambol is quickly developing a reputation close to Anjuna's.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 21st April 2008 at 12:55.
Old 21st April 2008, 12:50   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
You have wrong info. friend. It is not so crowded but it is not nude.

Abhi
Old 21st April 2008, 14:19   #499
Senior - BHPian

Such a lovely and addictive travelogue turning into naughty boys' zone discussing about bottomless, topless, totallyless etc. coupled with imported or desi, designed or single colour bikinis, swimwears, single piece, twin-piece suits etc. Hope I am not on the wrong thread !!

Can we have the romantic story continued ?
Old 21st April 2008, 14:44   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
for TheOne® (my completely awesome matka lag gaya woman, lol),
Munda Phas gaya and from the other side Porgi Phasli re phasli
Old 21st April 2008, 16:39   #501
Team-BHP Support

Kovalam has some nice private properties where bikini's are common. Even the public beach, if you are not bothered with local tourist eyes you can go ahead. The locals who run business are very protective when it comes to their guests. Varkala is also the same, esp in off seasons when local tourist (these are the trouble makers) dont crowd up the place.

Actually most of the beaches in off season are ok place to use bikini's. I personally has come across sunbathing in most of goan beaches during off peak seasons, where as in peak season even foreigners think twice before they sunbath.

As sam mentioned Arambol has some nice huts where the boys ensure ample privacy for going topless at certain times, even indians felt at home.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st April 2008 at 16:46.
Old 21st April 2008, 17:11   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - 5th April 2008 - Driving back to Chennai

We check out of the hotel and now are back in Farhan's scorpio. Back to the ECR it's a pleasant drive. We're not in as high spirits as we were on our way there.
I guess everyone is upset that we had to leave.

Suddenly Farhan speaks
Jenny, do you want to drive?

What? Did he just ask her if she wanted to drive?? Mr. Sideways "I-cannot-sit-in-a-car-unless-I-am-driving" asked her if she wanted to drive? He refused to let anyone drive the JBL twins from Delhi to Mumbai!!

Jenny takes about 5 seconds to answer. Yes I'd love to.

I offer to sit in the back but no, wonder of all wonders, Farhan joins his wife in the back seat. He has never sat in the back seat of his own car before.

And Jenny drives. Wonderfully along the coastal road, for about a while, event-free. I take a few pictures while she's driving.

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0722_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0723_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0731_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0751_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0752_thumb.jpg

Later Farhan takes over again. Even he appreciates how well TheOne® drives in India.

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0756_thumb.jpg

Run a few errands, shop for some picnicky stuff and we're now at Farhan's good friends beach house on the ECR.
Not bothering with the house itself, we hit the rather inviting pool almost immediately and spend the better part of the late morning and afternoon there.

It is incredible fun.

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0759_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0771_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0773_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0789_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0800_thumb.jpg

Later Farhan has somewhere to go and we get delayed and are unable to make it back to Chennai for the evening. By the time we reach back into the city, it is already late. The traffic is incredibly dense and jammed.

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0812_thumb.jpg

We're invited to a small party in Chennai with some of my colleagues and friends etc. We rush home, shower, change and we're off.

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0815_thumb.jpg

After that party is over, we are transported to a rather wild party at Farhan's friends home.

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0819_thumb.jpg

It's been a long and wonderful day and now we're back to Farhans home.
Words fail me when it comes to describing the warm hospitality of Farhan and Nishat and their loving family. I cannot even attempt to try to express my gratitude.

Tomorrow morning we will fly back to Mumbai.
Old 21st April 2008, 17:18   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
... Now I wish TheOne®'s visit was lasting over few months !
Believe me, you are not the only one! I would have loved to stay longer.

Quote:
Then we drive out, taking the turn up ahead towards Auroville. The access to Auroville is muddy and very rural and very, very beautiful....

The drive back to the highway is slow, with TheOne® taking photos of rural life. I include a few here.
Now this was an experience I wouldn't have wanted to miss. It was amazing and really really beautiful. Thank you Farhan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Please visit the chunambar island, it has the most fantastic & clean beach i have seen on the east coast. Beautiful sand & yes a few bikini clad foreigners too.
Ummm, sorry for my lack of knowledge but where exactly is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Can we have the romantic story continued ?
We are working on it
Old 21st April 2008, 17:41   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post

Ummm, sorry for my lack of knowledge but where exactly is that?

A couple of KMs out of pondicherry, on the cuddalore road. You can see a few pics here from my visit last year (3 Day Trip to Pondicherry)
Old 21st April 2008, 17:46   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
We are working on it
Oh yeah !.I really love reading blogs of guest about India.And Sam make it more interesting.
And I really wonder how you guys are finding time to blog when you are having vaccation with time constraints
great !
Old 21st April 2008, 17:54   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manziee_crusier View Post
And I really wonder how you guys are finding time to blog when you are having vaccation with time constraints
lol, I think you misunderstand. This isn't a regular blog, it's a YetiBlog®.

YetiBlogs are written in the present tense, but about events that have occured in the past! See the dates on the stories?

We do not spend a single moment of our holiday blogging or surfing the internet. We live life to the fullest while we're living it.

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0006_thumb.jpg
TheOne® likes to jot down details in her free time, in German, real writing- using paper and pencil, while we are resting or travelling on the plane or train.

TheYeti® never writes till the vacation is over. Then he racks his brains and recollects every small thing. That's where the pleasure comes in. Re-living.

The stories you read have not been written then! They are being written now! Now that the holiday is over and we are already apart. I hope you understand now.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 21st April 2008 at 17:56.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2008, 18:00   #507
Team-BHP Support

Thumbs up

Quote:
TheYeti® never writes till the vacation is over. Then he racks his brains and recollects every small thing. That's where the pleasure comes in. Re-living.

The stories you read have not been written then! They are being written now! Now that the holiday is over and we are already apart. I hope you understand now.
And that is the magic ingredient which makes Yetiblog® so special.

cheers
Jaggu

ok i had to say this, in public he he "thats why i love this Yeti®", a 100% genuine person you can fall in love with. Jenny would agree with this i guess and no i dont have any other intentions, in public or private.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st April 2008 at 18:05.
Old 21st April 2008, 18:39   #508
Senior - BHPian

Jenny, nice seeing you at the wheel of the Scorpio. Now even I know you like to "main chalaoon?"

Sam the Pondicherry leg of your vacation was my favourite. Even I was sad to read that you guys left from there. So whats next on the blog?
Old 21st April 2008, 19:08   #509
BHPian

Default Chennai - Day 15

We check out and hit the road back in direction of Chennai. Yes, Farhan asks me to drive (to Sam’s great astonishment he he) and I accept the offer, though I will be honest with you - all of the following is lies

Quote:
And Jenny drives. Wonderfully along the coastal road, for about a while, event-free.
Later Farhan takes over again. Even he appreciates how well TheOne® drives in India.
In contrast to my drive the week before I don’t manage well at all this time. It is a winding road with only one lane on each side and I am having trouble overtaking the other cars. The natural flow of our drive is interrupted, I can feel it though nobody says it lol.

Hui, this is not going too well I am thinking to myself. There is not enough space here and I cannot overlook the road that well. Many times I don’t dare to overtake so we end up crawling slowly behind some truck. Hmmmm….

Jenny, the best thing to do is to stay a bit behind the trucks then you can better see what is happening in front of them and act accordingly I get a tip from Farhan.

Ah, makes sense! But somehow I am not too successful.
In the end I decide not to embarrass myself any further and hand the car back to Farhan. And off we are again, whoosh whoosh – with great expertise Farhan overtakes the trucks, squeezes in between the cars on each side, and speeds up again, driving comfortably and safely in this traffic. I don’t think I will ever come close to managing that well, sigh.

We reach our destination: a beach house of Farhan’s friend where we spend a couple of hours full of fun, laughter and talking. What starts of as a relaxing time with lots of conversations ends in funny games in the water though Nishat and I prove to be poor combatants in water volleyball. But luckily we are forgiven by our better (?) halves lol.

Nobody of us wants to leave but in the end there is no more excuse, it is getting late and we have to hit the road due to our evening schedule. The four of us split up. Sam and I first attend a party of a friend of his and his MD and have a lovely dinner with family and friends. Later we join Nishat and Farhan again at a party of their friends’ house where we end the evening with lots of good and loud music.
Old 21st April 2008, 19:15   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
ok i had to say this, in public he he "thats why i love this Yeti®", a 100% genuine person you can fall in love with. Jenny would agree with this i guess and no i dont have any other intentions, in public or private.
100% he he
But I am glad to hear you have no other intentions hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Jenny, nice seeing you at the wheel of the Scorpio. Now even I know you like to "main chalaoon?"
Thanks! But please explain "main chalaoon"
Closed Thread