Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 21st April 2008, 19:35   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

"main chalaoon" means 'I will Drive' if its without the question mark & 'Shall I Drive' if its with question mark as it is in this case
Old 21st April 2008, 19:38   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
with great expertise Farhan overtakes the trucks, squeezes in between the cars on each side, and speeds up again, driving comfortably and safely in this traffic. I don’t think I will ever come close to managing that well, sigh.
No, I don't think I will either! But after a couple of years driving here, I do all right, and you're doing all right already. Sometimes its better to be stuck behind something for a while. At least it takes away the nasty surprise of the mid-road cow just around the next corner!

Sam, I'm amazed that you write from memory, but I can imagine how much you must enjoy that re-living! I tend not to even succeed in keeping a diary when I travel, let alone record events at the time, or afterwards. But you are both just amazing at taking us with you on the journey.
Old 21st April 2008, 19:43   #513
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pics & what a fantastic place! Looks like I'll have to take up Farhaan bhai's invitation to visit Chennai soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
ok i had to say this, in public he he "thats why i love this Yeti®", a 100% genuine person you can fall in love with. Jenny would agree with this i guess and no i dont have any other intentions, in public or private.
Jaggu Dada - Chor ki daadi mein tinka??

Last edited by iraghava : 21st April 2008 at 19:50.
Old 21st April 2008, 19:56   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Well, since you are collecting names ---

Kovalam, in Kerala. Treated by visitors from abroad as if it is a Mediterranean beach.

I understand Varkala has a similar atmosphere, but I have not been there.
Kovalam , it is. Thanks for the info.By the by, where were you driving before you got "here"?.

Last edited by nickatnite : 21st April 2008 at 20:04.
Old 21st April 2008, 20:36   #515
BHPian

Default Back to Mumbai - Day 16

We get up early to take a flight back to Mumbai. I don’t want to leave but as much as I wish I wouldn’t have to it is now time to say goodbye. I am happy to have found such great new friends and I can feel the first wave of emotions coming over me.
Sam lets do this quickly I can feel the tears behind my eyes I whisper. I hug Nishat and Farhan goodbye and without any further warning: pling pling pling, the tears are rolling. I knew it lol.

I would like to join Sam when he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Words fail me when it comes to describing the warm hospitality of Farhan and Nishat and their loving family. I cannot even attempt to try to express my gratitude.
We get on our flight back home and arrive back at lunchtime. We have a wonderful meal with Sam’s Dad who wants to hear everything about the past few days. Afterwards we take a quick nap and then I start packing, sniff.

The rest of the day goes by too quick! With every hour passing the pain is becoming stronger, the heart heavier.

Finally, we have to go. We reach the airport too soon and the moment we have to say goodbye to each other comes. The floods open… It still feels unreal that I have to go, it doesn’t settle in yet that we will be so far apart from each other again. I don't want to be without him and it feels like leaving my heart behind. Emotions are coming and going, I try to smile and be strong. One last kiss and then I have to leave.

THE END

P.S. Thanks everyone for reliving this trip with us! Unfortunately, the story has come to an end.

It was an amazing holiday and I treasure every single moment of it. And though I am very very sad that I had to leave I know that I will be back soon!

Last edited by TheOne® : 21st April 2008 at 20:37.
Old 21st April 2008, 20:46   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Jenny & Sam for taking us all on such a memorable journey we could see what you saw & feel what you felt thanks to the beautiful narration through the YetiBlog®.

Thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this beautiful journey
Old 21st April 2008, 20:56   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - 6th April 2008 - Back to Mumbai

We wake up early in Chennai. Farhan has arranged for his driver to drop us to Chennai Airport.
They join us for a wonderful breakfast and then we say our goodbyes. We are fortunate to have friends like them.

The flight is on time, uneventful and soon we are back in Mumbai. A quick lunch and some sleep later, it is time for TheOne® to pack her things.

I cannot bear to watch her pack and I lie down, pretending not to notice. Soon it is evening. We have no desire to do anything. She decides we should spend time with my Dad and we do.
We watch Rang De Basanti at home, with English subtitles. I am not sure if she enjoys it, but it takes my mind off things.
Later we eat dinner, with excited stories of our eventful holiday together. It is amazing how much we have done in these 2 weeks, incredible.

After dinner, not much is said. My heart is heavy as is hers. It feels wrong, what is going to happen next.
We get to bed. We must leave the house at 3.30am, we try to sleep for 3 hours.

It's 3.30.My phone rings, the driver is here to pick her up. Silently we move, I pick up her bag and start taking it outside. We're in the car and on our way to Mumbai airport.

Not a word is said. What can be said anyway?
We're at the airport. I did not know it was so close by.
It says outside that one is not allowed to come outside the terminal again. I point and she nods.The goodbye is long and emotional. We're oblivious to the busy buzzing airport. I walk her to the entrance where there are 2 police officers waiting for her to show them her passport and ticket. We're both very emotional.

A long kiss - right there, between the 2 policeman, amongst the hundreds of people yelling at each other. Everything goes silent. She turns and leaves quickly.

She's gone.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 21st April 2008 at 20:57.
Old 21st April 2008, 21:00   #518
Senior - BHPian

It's over ? No ! This feels like a Ram Gopal Varma movie - builds up and then an abrupt end :(
Old 21st April 2008, 21:09   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Epilogue and Thanks

Quote:
I will be brave enough to say that this will probably be the longest and most complex YetiBlog®
When I started this thread, I knew it would be different from every other YetiBlog® written so far.

529 posts and almost 30,000 views later, I can say that no other travelogue on Team-BHP has touched such epic proportions. I kept my word.

It has been a journey for us as well, not only for all of you readers, but also for us, to discover each others thoughts and find out things that we did not discuss during our journey.

I have not only discovered a travelling partner, I now have a writing partner, I had no idea she wrote so well.

We've shared with you everything we could share. Incidents, emotions, food, travel, places, people and love.
Thank you for travelling with us on this 2 week journey, thank you for appreciating it and thank you for the opportunity to have relived it with all of you.

We wrote everything from the heart. If you smiled once or got emotional even for a minute, we succeeded.

And now: The happy ending.
Quote:
A traveller once told me “You can never quite be OK with India. You can love it madly or hate it with passion. I’ve never met anyone who thought India was alright.
She loves it.

Quote:
this will be more of a trailer of India for the fine German lass. A trailer that will decide if she wants to see the whole movie or not, if you know what I mean.
And here's my closing. She wants the whole movie.

Wish us luck and give us your best wishes. Thank you for reading our story.

Goodbye and Auf Wiedersehen!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 21st April 2008 at 21:29.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2008, 21:11   #520
Senior - BHPian

Gosh! Just reading those few lines,I felt the sadness of separation set in.
Been through it myself,living 3 years apart from my fiance,and the only thing that holds it all together are the memories spent with your loved one..

Hope to see things brightening up for both of you!

EDIT: Now thats a true happy ending! Wishing you both the very best always!!
Hope to see more & more Yeti blogs in the future,with TheOne contributing at every step.

Last edited by Nitin : 21st April 2008 at 21:17.
Old 21st April 2008, 21:13   #521
BHPian

Quote:
And here's my closing. She wants the whole movie.
Woweeee! Many congrats to both of you. In due time TheLi'lOne will be blogging with all of us..
Old 21st April 2008, 21:27   #522
BHPian

All the best for the future Sam & Jenny, and may God bless TheCouple®.

We had a great time reading thru this entire thread, travelling to so many places and being a part of your amazing vacation.

Thank You.
Old 21st April 2008, 22:07   #523
Senior - BHPian

Story ended in tears and emotions !! Sam and Jenny, there were many situations when a true reader would have laughed his heart out and some posts (specially the last ones) which made one feel very sad and in tears. It was truly a wonderful reading and reliving the whole thing without doubt. Sincerly wish to hear more travelogues and share your happiness in the future too. All the very best !!
Old 21st April 2008, 22:31   #524
BHPian

This was a very memorable journey for us (me and my wife)...

Sam Bhai - I'm sure the shooting of the movie will start off pretty soon as we can feel that you both cant stay away for a long time.

Thank you for the wonderfull experience and teaching many of us how to live life to the fullest. Thank you very much.

Jenny - No words to say to you at all but one thing is for sure, you are the perfect one for Yeti!!! Thank you!

Wishing you both the best in life.
Old 21st April 2008, 22:38   #525
BHPian

Thanks a lot Sam and Jenny for taking pain in writing this fantastic travelogue.
I had a great time reading this.

and yes wishing you all the best in your life.
Closed Thread