Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 19th April 2011, 11:35   #16
BANNED

Default Re: A drive towards Nagarhole & Irupu (pics incl.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post

Hope I will spot some wild life on the way, I presume the weather will be a bit mild not very hot & humid.
You are sure to bump in to lot of spotted deer & few elephants in Nagerhole. Weather is warm during days (not very hot) and nights are cool (but not chilling)
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 12:59   #17
BHPian

TJ - i was there in the first week of March. The roads are pretty decent. Watch out for several speed breakers inside the Nagarhole park. The park is shut thru the night ( i think between 7.30 PM to 6.30 AM ). you may want to check this out.

The weather will certainly be hot, not humid though. I hope you get some good water in the falls. Atleast, a month back, water was flowing nicely. Ofcourse, we had the luxury of having all this to ourselves, with no one else in that place. The picture for your reference ( my son and i in the falls )
A drive towards Nagarhole & Irupu (pics incl.)-img_1172.jpg
jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 16:25   #18
BHPian

Thanks Krishna, the for sharing your experience and picture, will post in mine after my trip.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 16:53   #19
BHPian

WOW! Sparkling pictures! Epically the waterfall photos. Nagarhole common place to all of us! Post some more if you have.
ranjith.rajaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 17:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Such an old thread came alive. Thanks Ranjith, will check if I have any more good pics to share.
@Jkrishna, you were really lucky, when we went there it was full of people.
Whoever going Nagarhole, food can be a major issue if you are not staying at a good place. We tried hard to find a good place to eat at Kutta and couldn't find any. But the food at the homestay was quite ok (not great but ok).
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 18:15   #21
BHPian

Agree Kaushik. Food can be a real issue. We found just one quaint restaurant at kutta. Forgot the name. I am travelling and dont have my SD card with the photos. I shall also try and publish a couple more photos here. I stayed at " The Jade " a home stay and must admit that the food was heavenly.
Old 21st April 2011, 18:20   #22
BHPian

I am going to Nagarhole tomorrow for the long weekend ahead, will be covering coorg also. I have booked into Machaan resort at Nagarhole and Misty Woods at Coorg (somewhere near viraja/goni )... any last minute inputs would be welcoming.
AltoHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2011, 11:15   #23
BHPian

I have updated my travelogue and experiences on the following link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ound-trip.html (Bangalore -Nagarhole- Irpu (Coorg)- Muthanga (KL) Round Trip)
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 07:52   #24
BHPian

Default Irupu Falls during monsoon..

Friends - Had been to Iruppu falls this Saturday (18th June ). Wanted to visit this area during monsoon to see how changed is the falls.

Gosh - the sound of the waters gushing down was something that you can hear for ever. There was so much water, that we had to please ourselves in the viewing zone itself. The previous time i had been there, we climbed another 15-20 feet to go to the zone where they have the iron railings and you have can have a safe bath, but this time around, the iron railings werent visible at all.

With rains and drizzle alternating, this was one super trip that i had again. The only problem i saw were the quantity of leeches - there were all over the place.

A drive towards Nagarhole & Irupu (pics incl.)-iimg_1480.jpg

A drive towards Nagarhole & Irupu (pics incl.)-iimg_1483.jpg

Name:  iIMG_1491.JPG
Views: 1040
Size:  119.6 KB

Name:  iIMG_1492.JPG
Views: 813
Size:  67.9 KB
Old 20th June 2011, 22:44   #25
BHPian

WOW! what a glory. I am seeing the IRPU with so much of water for the first time. Thanks Krishna for sharing these wonderful pics.
Indian Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 06:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Krishna, always heard my grandma tell us about the amount of water but never got the chance to visit. Beautiful
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 09:00   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
WOW! what a glory. I am seeing the IRPU with so much of water for the first time. Thanks Krishna for sharing these wonderful pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Thanks Krishna, always heard my grandma tell us about the amount of water but never got the chance to visit. Beautiful
Glad you liked it. Thank you. This time, i did a morning/evening trip,with no stay. Food, as usual was at "Cafe Robusta", decent joint. They rustle up the food very quick and hot. The small walks in the rain, the sound of the water and the sight of the falls were all a delight. All in a day !

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 21st June 2011 at 09:01.