Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 20th June 2017, 03:22   #121
BHPian

Default Keeriparai (Kalikesam falls) - Ulakkai falls - Mathur Aqueduct: travel queries

Hello travel Veterans,

Planning a trip to Tirunelveli in mid-july and wanted to explore some offbeat locations around Tirunelveli. Been to the regular places like Papanasam, Kanyakumari , most visited falls in Courtallam quite a number of times, so wanted to try places with relatively less footfall. As with any less visited places there is little information available. Hence any information reg those places would be helpful.

1) I would be starting around 8 AM from Tirunelveli, tentatively the plan is Tirunelveli - Kalaikesam - Ulakkai falls - Mathur Aqueduct, Is it all 3 doable in 1 day? would be covering courtallam on a separate day.

2) Kalikesam falls
a) Do we need to get any permission from the forest office to visit this falls? Any contact details would be helpful
b) Is it safe to take bath in the falls or ponds in front of falls and not deep?
c) Any tips before visiting there

3) Ulakkai falls
a) Read that itís a 3 km trek through the forest, are the paths marked adequately?
d) How long will it take for the trek one way?
d) Is the trekking path too rocky/too steep, My parents(60+) may join me if the trek is easy.
c) Read the place is very slippery and desolate, Is it safe enough for ladies and a 6 yr?
f) Is it safe to take bath in the falls or ponds and not deep?
b) Do we need to get any permission from the forest office to visit this falls? Any contact details would be helpful
e) Any tips before visiting there
4) Would be visiting in mid-July, will there be enough water in both the falls?

On a separate day, planning to visit shenbagadevi falls and Then aruvi in courtallam.
shenbagadevi aruvi and Then aruvi
a) How long and how difficult is the trek in the forest.
b) Is it accessible easily or would require a guide/ assistance from someone local?
c) Is it safe to take bath in the falls or ponds and not deep?
b) Do we need to get any permission from the forest office to visit this falls? Any contact details would be helpful
e) Any tips before visiting there

Thanks in advance. Cheers !!!
Wall-e is offline   Reply With Quote