Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 6th July 2008, 21:46   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Hahahaa... Coming down from BLG's "Bull" thread, I was wondering why he has posted the travelogue in another name, which also ended with 'srini'!!! Now I know they are two different people.

Great travelogue, guys! Thanks!
yes,2 different srini's both owning SAFARI too......
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 12:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Once upon a time, there was a garden city/air conditioned city. It was cool, beautiful and a very nice city. The gods weren't so kind with it so, eventually it became a polluted/hot/traffic packed horror of place and it was not long before it lost it's charm of a nice city.
So to compromise for all what was lost, some good humans got together and built a film city. It was located in the outskirts of the ex-garden city. But it was really a garden city. It was also a very good unwinding place for the people who lived in the ex-air conditioned city. It was named the INNOVATIVE FILM CITY!

2 Srini(s) who lived in the ex-garden city, once decided to visit the film city. 1st Srini was very happy with the INNOVATIVE FILM CITY, he wrote a travelogue of his visit in a very nicely worded thread in India's best motoring forum which was born in India's biggest city.
2nd Srini was also very happy on his visit and he not only typed some words but also posted some very good pictures of this new film city. And rest..... ..... .... ... .. as everybody knows, is.... ... Nay! I lost my words.

Thank you both Srinis, you guys have helped us in finding another good and worthy attraction for us and our families.
More pics and reports please!

Good One SZ.
smsrini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 21:14   #18
BHPian

Thanks srini(1)
I followed this thread to go to IFC(Innovative Film City) yesterday.
As srini(2) already added up to the existing thread, me too benefited from the thread for directions etc.
also gave a good new idea.

I am normally averse to the ideas of crowded places.
This was different, and slightly of a good change. The place was bigger, and since not many people are hooked on to the new place, crowd was still on the lesser side.
Distance was 46.9 kms from my place(Near HAL)
After one Melkote trip, didn't do any highway driving. Eagerly waiting for the next big trip.
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 21:42   #19
BHPian

Hi Sriturl,
Nice to know you were there.Think we would have seen or passed each other without knowing we are team-BHP members.
Old 7th July 2008, 22:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
Hi Sriturl,
Nice to know you were there.Think we would have seen or passed each other without knowing we are team-BHP members.
True Srini. TBHP stickers when they are available, would help that way.
I drove my white Swift, and reached the place around 11. Just in case you saw me driving
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 09:29   #21
BHPian

I visited the place two weeks back when my parents were visiting. all in all its a good place for one day / half day famly outing. We started at around 12 in the noon. We did not go to AquaWorld, we were not carrying costumes and did not have much time either...

MirrorMaze was fun, my kid like cartoon city and the other section with games. later we spent sometime at the MiniatureCity at the end, it started raining by that time and we decided to slowly move towards the exit. Stopped at cafeteria for a cofee while it started raining heavily. There are very few stores at the moment, but i saw many more coming soon including McDee's. I shall update the pictures later from home.

btw Srini, I was showing this thread to my son, he knows your daughter - they are going the same karate classes - above fooddays! We shall meet up someday, that way I will have an opportunity to see your Bull!
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 10:35   #22
BHPian

Hi Guyz,

What I loved about the place was the 4D Cinema...

Very good and one of the kind in India , vents on seats to gush air when Dinosaurs coming towards you and snort , vents to sprinkle water when fish jumps in water .. awesome experience.
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 11:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Has the haunted house opened up ??.

I believe few more themes have opened up after my visit a month back (Weekend Trip to Innovative Film City). Even the Coffee day outlet was not ready then.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 12:23   #24
BHPian

Hi ketan,
I missed your post.Nice to know that ur son is doing karate with my daughter.Lets meetup some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I visited the place two weeks back when my parents were visiting. all in all its a good place for one day / half day famly outing. We started at around 12 in the noon. We did not go to AquaWorld, we were not carrying costumes and did not have much time either...

MirrorMaze was fun, my kid like cartoon city and the other section with games. later we spent sometime at the MiniatureCity at the end, it started raining by that time and we decided to slowly move towards the exit. Stopped at cafeteria for a cofee while it started raining heavily. There are very few stores at the moment, but i saw many more coming soon including McDee's. I shall update the pictures later from home.

btw Srini, I was showing this thread to my son, he knows your daughter - they are going the same karate classes - above fooddays! We shall meet up someday, that way I will have an opportunity to see your Bull!
Old 14th November 2008, 21:47   #25
BHPian

recently i went to mysore but missed this since i had not visited this forum. this will be our next get away
magesh_kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2008, 18:02   #26
BHPian

Both srini’s thanks for your combined travelogue. Nice information about location. Surely I am goingto visit this location in my Bangalore trip (in Dec). Though I studied my BE in banaglore, few places are really very new to me until people like you disclose them here.
Thanks for the good pix.

OT:BglSrini hope your black beast is doing good.
potlaravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 10:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the informative thread.

I am planning to go to this place from Marthahalli. The only way I know to get to Mysore road is via city market. Should I take Nice road? If so, please give the directions.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 11:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Should I take Nice road? If so, please give the directions.
@PatienceWins. You could take the NICE road if you want a pleasant drive with minimal traffic (after gotigere).
I believe the road u know is:
Marthahalli -> Dairy Circle -> Lalbaug -> Kalasipalyam chowk -> City Market flyover - > Bangalore University -> Mysore Road.

For NICE, you would take left from Christ college (dairy circle) -> Oracle OTP -> Accenture -> IBM -> Jayadeva Flyover (go under it straight) -> IIM (B) -> Arekere -> Gotigere is almost 3 kms from there with good back breakers ..err.. speed breakers.

You will have to take a right turn from where you see traffic detouring to/from the RHS. I guess there is a board placed there. Or you could ask anyone there from where to take the right turn to NICE. 2-3 toll stops and you are on Mysore Road.

Hope this helps.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 13:17   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post

For NICE, you would take left from Christ college (dairy circle) -> Oracle OTP -> Accenture -> IBM -> Jayadeva Flyover (go under it straight) -> IIM (B) -> Arekere -> Gotigere is almost 3 kms from there with good back breakers ..err.. speed breakers.
If the above mentioned route is confusing you can also take a right turn at the Mandovi Motors on the corner after you pass the Jayadeva & Infosys, you will hit the Ring Road and hit the Mysore Road before Kengeri Gate.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 22:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Prince_Pervez and Gowda!!
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote