Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 10th April 2009, 23:31   #31

Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Thanks for the informative thread.

I am planning to go to this place from Marthahalli. The only way I know to get to Mysore road is via city market. Should I take Nice road? If so, please give the directions.
From Marathahalli, fastest to reach Mysore road would be to take NICE road from Electronics City. (Because BTM road is always heavy with traffic)

Marathahalli Bridge - Belandur - Sarjapur Road Jn. -Take left - Take the next right - keep following the main road (with lots and lots of humps) - At the end of this road, take right - Take next left on to Hosur Road - Take the ramp on left to NICE road - Pay toll - Afte some time, the road is blocked - Take right there - Again take next left - You will hit Bannerghatta road - Take left there - From Bannerghatta road, take the next right again to next part of NICE road (if any doubt - ask) - Keep going straight - pay toll - Follow the signs to reach Mysore road.

Summary :
Marathahalli-SarjapurRoad Jn - Haralur Road - Hosur Road - NICE Road - Bannerghatta Road - NICE Road - Mysore Road.
bijuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 11:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Biju for the detailed information.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 18:44   #33
Thumbs down Avoid: Weekend drive to Innovative Film City

I was planning a drive to Shivanasamudram today, but because of all the agitation in the Mandya/Mysore region, I decided to go to Innovative Film City (IFC) instead. My wife accompanied me.

We left at 9 in the morning and reached IFC at around 10:15. It was a pleasure to drive on the Mysore road as it was completely free (there were no govt. buses towards Mysore).

The pleasure ended there . Once we got into the film city after paying 500 per ticket, we knew we wouldn't like it. The place isn't worth even 200 rupees. None of the so called attractions are properly maintained. The food court is bad. We found a McDonalds in there, but it was non-functional as they had no supply of gas. The rides and games too are too few and cannot be enjoyed.

I did find one other thread on IFC but that seemed to be too old and so thought of writing this travelogue.

Please avoid IFC. Instead, you can just go on a long drive on the Mysore road and be back and save some money.
shreevardhan is offline   Reply With Quote