Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2008, 23:19   #46
BHPian
 
btirthankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Some Moving Vehicle
Posts: 816
Thanked: 115 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Hi Tirthankar,

I would like to know where did you take the bailey's swing arm pictures. The bridge is beautiful and would certainly be on my to-do list next time. One more request is that wherever you want to give a caption, that is very nice and good, but location will help connect to it quickly.

BTW, any pictures of North Kolkata like beyond Shyam Bajar coming any soon?
bailey's swing arm pictures taken at Khidderpore docks near BNR Headquarters...as ppl.. they will show... but CISF at KoPT will not allow u to take photo... be carefull
btirthankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 00:17   #47
BHPian
 
sabret00the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 686
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

@ Thirthankar: very nice pics posted bro..Calcutta is looking so beautiful through your lens...
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 19:59   #48
BHPian
 
neoranjit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 588
Thanked: 191 Times
Default

very beautiful pics man. I have been to calcutta only once and that too as a kid.
Btw, was looking at your pics and realised, yeah, how come there are no two wheelers on the road. Driving is probably a pleasure
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 20:23   #49
BHPian
 
btirthankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Some Moving Vehicle
Posts: 816
Thanked: 115 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
very beautiful pics man. I have been to calcutta only once and that too as a kid.
Btw, was looking at your pics and realised, yeah, how come there are no two wheelers on the road. Driving is probably a pleasure
Yes its not as crazy as in Hyd and Blore where the handles scratch door panels. There is an efficient but not luxurious public transport.

The bad sides of Kolkata have disappeared. Many of the pot holes have healed man!


Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
@ Thirthankar: very nice pics posted bro..Calcutta is looking so beautiful through your lens...
Thanks, wanted to make Kolkata proud as it was forgotten and snubbed city not so long ago (even by myself)
btirthankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 09:42   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Tirthankar, amazing pics man! The memories came rushing back, 1965-2000, some of the best days of my life........
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 10:26   #51
Team-BHP Support
 
Rudra Sen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,404
Thanked: 4,092 Times
Default

Tirthankar, excellently covered!
Just one small mistake on your thread starting post. That's not Mudially but Tollygunge rail bridge stop. Mudially is exactly one stop behind from your point of view.

Great stuff there.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 12:25   #52
BHPian
 
btirthankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Some Moving Vehicle
Posts: 816
Thanked: 115 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Tirthankar, amazing pics man! The memories came rushing back, 1965-2000, some of the best days of my life........
Why dont you contribute Kol pics between 1965 and 1995?

I am searching for them badly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Tirthankar, excellently covered!
Just one small mistake on your thread starting post. That's not Mudially but Tollygunge rail bridge stop. Mudially is exactly one stop behind from your point of view.

Great stuff there.
Point Noted
btirthankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 14:54   #53
BHPian
 
pjay_in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 396
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

I feel as if I have just made a trip to Kolkata in my lunch hour! Wonderful pics, and what an idea! I have now seen a great deal of Kolkata through these pics, much more than what I saw during my only trip to this city more than a year back.

We should have such threads for other cities as well...
pjay_in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 15:02   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Why dont you contribute Kol pics between 1965 and 1995?
Wasn't much of a photography buff even in those days......add to that the lack of digital images
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 17:32   #55
BHPian
 
ssjr0498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blr-Ccu
Posts: 642
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

I thought that too when I saw the snaps.


However, there is just one word for your hard work " Awesome". I have lived in kol for almost 20 yrs but some of your shots! leave me amazed as well.

Good job maite!

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Tirthankar, excellently covered!
Just one small mistake on your thread starting post. That's not Mudially but Tollygunge rail bridge stop. Mudially is exactly one stop behind from your point of view.

Great stuff there.
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 23:25   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,062
Thanked: 291 Times
Default

Nice pics. I have never been to Kolkata, but, Kolkata looks lot less crowded than Bangalore inspite of having lesser two-wheelers. Am I right or is it just my illusion?
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 11:08   #57
BHPian
 
btirthankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Some Moving Vehicle
Posts: 816
Thanked: 115 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Nice pics. I have never been to Kolkata, but, Kolkata looks lot less crowded than Bangalore inspite of having lesser two-wheelers. Am I right or is it just my illusion?
Yes it does have bikes at a healthier proportion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
I thought that too when I saw the snaps.


However, there is just one word for your hard work " Awesome". I have lived in kol for almost 20 yrs but some of your shots! leave me amazed as well.

Good job maite!

Cheers
Shrey


Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Wasn't much of a photography buff even in those days......add to that the lack of digital images
Thanks. Can we all contribute more interesting pics ?
btirthankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 15:04   #58
BHPian
 
toiingg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 601
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Taken last sunday on my way back from a drive.

Kolkata Photoblog 2008-dsc01276.jpg
toiingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 15:44   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
planet_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bong-land
Posts: 2,320
Thanked: 365 Times
Default

@ toiingg - what were you doing the rear seat?

nice pic man! Kolkata has so much to show.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 15:52   #60
BHPian
 
toiingg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 601
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ toiingg - what were you doing the rear seat? .
Taking photos, why, what do you think I would be doing in the back seat? Notty boy kahi ke. :P

Here's another one.


Kolkata Photoblog 2008-aaaaaaa.jpg
toiingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photoblog of my Kinetic Laser mods... sabret00the Motorbikes 37 30th May 2016 18:56
DRIVOBLOG® | কলকাতা Kolkata Photoblog 2010 [Bumper Edition] btirthankar Travelogues 45 6th May 2011 20:43
"Kolkata - Leh - Kolkata * Interested Kolkata TBHP Members. Captdey Route / Travel Queries 17 17th May 2010 23:48
Kolkata Photoblog 2009 btirthankar Travelogues 52 14th March 2010 13:53
Hyderabad Photoblog 2008 | A Year that was btirthankar Travelogues 24 30th July 2008 17:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:42.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks