Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 3rd July 2008, 12:30   #1
BHPian

Default Trip to Malshej Ghat (Pics)

I had a wonderful trip yesterday to Malshej Ghat about 150kms from Mumbai. Wednesdays is our weekly off so it was a blessing as there was lesser traffic & was told that sat & sun there are a lot of visitors. we left at 9 (i was ready by 7 but you know women, get up late, then they wanna finish household chores, etc.) anyways, had a stop at office in andheri east for some time & got on the way from Powai, Thane, Bhiwandi & took the right from the highway towards Kalyan & Murbad. From Murbad it was another 50-60 kms. Reached there at 12.30pm. It was HEAVEN. We stopped at the MTDC Hotel there. The restaurant was empty & we were told that it will take half an hour to make food. We stuck to the regular vegetables, dal & rice coz did not want to experiment as it did not seem inspiring. But later also ordered a chicken dish. In the meanwhile we got out & moved around the cliff there where the view was breath-taking it was simply unbelievable & could not picture it coz of the rough air. There was a waterfall under the cliff & because the air was so rough there all the water was splashing on us at the edge of the cliff, whoosh it was so refreshing. Then we were called for lunch which was surprisingly decent & left the resort around 3. The weather was perfect... slight drizzle & misty. Left Malshej at 4 and reached home in Bandra at 7 via the EEH. My suggestion for folks would be to carry some food along like finger foods, sandwiches, chips, etc. Here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Trip to Malshej Ghat (Pics)-dsc00696.jpg  

Trip to Malshej Ghat (Pics)-dsc00697.jpg  

Trip to Malshej Ghat (Pics)-dsc00698.jpg  

Trip to Malshej Ghat (Pics)-dsc00699.jpg  

Trip to Malshej Ghat (Pics)-dsc00700.jpg  

Trip to Malshej Ghat (Pics)-dsc00702.jpg  

Trip to Malshej Ghat (Pics)-dsc00703.jpg  

Trip to Malshej Ghat (Pics)-dsc00704.jpg  

Trip to Malshej Ghat (Pics)-dsc00705.jpg  

Trip to Malshej Ghat (Pics)-dsc00706.jpg  

Trip to Malshej Ghat (Pics)-dsc00708.jpg  

Trip to Malshej Ghat (Pics)-dsc00709.jpg  

anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 13:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice picturesque locale and nice pics with short concise report.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 13:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
I had a wonderful trip yesterday to Malshej Ghat about 150kms from Mumbai. Wednesdays is our weekly off so it was a blessing as there was lesser traffic & was told that sat & sun there are a lot of visitors. we left at 9 (i was ready by 7 but you know women, get up late, then they wanna finish household chores, etc.) anyways, had a stop at office in andheri east for some time & got on the way from Powai, Thane, Bhiwandi & took the right from the highway towards Kalyan & Murbad. From Murbad it was another 50-60 kms. Reached there at 12.30pm. It was HEAVEN. We stopped at the MTDC Hotel there. The restaurant was empty & we were told that it will take half an hour to make food. We stuck to the regular vegetables, dal & rice coz did not want to experiment as it did not seem inspiring. But later also ordered a chicken dish. In the meanwhile we got out & moved around the cliff there where the view was breath-taking it was simply unbelievable & could not picture it coz of the rough air. There was a waterfall under the cliff & because the air was so rough there all the water was splashing on us at the edge of the cliff, whoosh it was so refreshing. Then we were called for lunch which was surprisingly decent & left the resort around 3. The weather was perfect... slight drizzle & misty. Left Malshej at 4 and reached home in Bandra at 7 via the EEH. My suggestion for folks would be to carry some food along like finger foods, sandwiches, chips, etc. Here are the pics.

Hey Buddy,
Its good to see that its green there, when I went there just one week before you went it was not that green. You must have enjoyed there. Suprising that MTDC was empty on sunday.
Uday
udaydesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 14:52   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Hey Buddy,
Its good to see that its green there, when I went there just one week before you went it was not that green. You must have enjoyed there. Suprising that MTDC was empty on sunday.
Uday
hi uday,
as i said it was our weekly off is wednesday... hence the restaurant was empty. It was a beautiful drive there, very picturesque & lovely weather. guess i went there on the right day.
Old 5th July 2008, 10:35   #5
BHPian

Default Drive in monsoon.

Anil, the pics are wonderful. Makes me feel like driving out into the monsoon. I plan to do a trip to this place from Ahmedabad soon.
sridhga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 12:11   #6
BHPian

Hey that was a nice short travelogue. me & my trekking group are to go for a trek to Harishchandragad next weekend (12th/13th July). Malshej ghat is close to the Harishchandragad fort. However, out of the 7-8 times that I have been to Harishchandragad, we have never managed to go to this place. Reason - We were so low on battery power due to the trek that we used to drive back home to Pune. This time around, we do plan to go to Malshej, thanks for the inspiration!!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th July 2008 at 12:57. Reason: ....... is NOT . ,
Sidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 16:50   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
Anil, the pics are wonderful. Makes me feel like driving out into the monsoon. I plan to do a trip to this place from Ahmedabad soon.
If you're specially coming for malshej i suggest you dont do it coz its really not worth driving from Ahmedabad for a day trip place like this. Instead make an itinerary of places that you can club together and then Malshej will be worthwhile. Google a site which lists places you can visit around Mumbai.
Old 6th July 2008, 13:32   #8
BHPian

Default mashlej

hi...how was the road condition i alo plan to make a trip this monsoon to mashlej ghat.

rp
rammishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 15:30   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammishra View Post
hi...how was the road condition i alo plan to make a trip this monsoon to mashlej ghat.

rp
The only stretch of road that was bad was between bhiwandi & kalyan, rest all of the roads are in good condition, even the murbad to malshej road was very good.
Old 6th July 2008, 17:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful pics, Anil. BTW, was that a Logan on which you travelled? How was the FE?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 18:44   #11
BANNED

Hey anil, Nice writeup. Can you please explain the exact route you took. It would be really helpful.
Thanks.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 09:56   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Wonderful pics, Anil. BTW, was that a Logan on which you travelled? How was the FE?
yup it was a diesel logan... as i said earlier i got 18.5 with 60% a/c on. But these figures are before my first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Hey anil, Nice writeup. Can you please explain the exact route you took. It would be really helpful.
Thanks.
Dikra take the eastern express highway towards thane & at bhiwandi junction you will see a signboard indicating right for Kalyan. Take that right & keep going straight and you see signboards for Murbad. From Murbad its another 60kms, if i can recall (not sure) its called NH-22. attaching a small map fyi.
Attached Images