Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 10th August 2008, 20:18   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Bangaloreans have helping nature and welcome everyone and make their life

Yea very true, People are very friendly...
lohithrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 23:32   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Does this not happen in other cities?? if it does not it must be a pain...
It will happen in other cities, but, in some cities we face language barrier. It is never that people don't want to help. Indians are known for their hospitable nature. But, if number of people who speak either English or Hindi are lesser, it becomes a problem. I don't say every Bangalorean speaks fluent English or Hindi. But atleast they understand your question and try to answer. But this definitely excludes the maids, vegetable vendors, plumbers, etc.
blue_pulsar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 09:27   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
You are right in your earlier post that apart from autowallas, the traffic sense is quite okay. You can add the BMTC bus drivers, some Bajaj scooter wallas, some Omni drivers, some Scorpio drivers and the cabbies(Indica and Innovas) to this list.
I have seen some cabbies also improving. Generally I get a feeling that cabbies are good drivers if they own the vehicle, else they just don't care !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
In Bangalore, you can ask in Hindi/English to people about the directions and they certainly will try to guide you in the same language you have asked or atleast they will inform to ask another person. That's why its called a "cosmopolitician city".
I stayed in Mumbai as well, and generally people are helpful out there as well. For a south indian, in Bangalore you can get response in Kannada, Tamil and Telugu as well depending on the way you ask your question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Tell me about it! Yesterday I had to be in Hyderabad. It was pouring and traffic was really bad. Not because of water but sheer driving style there. Road to airport (there's a fly over coming up, 8 km before airport) was blocked due to upcoming traffic and haphazard driving.
Rudra sir. You got it right on target.
I am a Hyderabadi residing in Bangalore. After college I never worked in Hyderabad, but whenever I visit, I see the traffic conditions getting worse every other day.
Infrastructure is better than in Bangalore, but people donot have sense or responsibility as to how to use the infrastructure.
Last 3/4 days has been pretty bad, because of rains, but the general feeling is people donot know how to drive, and they donot want to change

According to my observation, there are more driver driven vehicles than any other city. I donot see many vehicles driving on their own in Hyd, which contributes to the problem there.
Also, there is more floating population in Hyderabad(meaning there are more people visiting city every day from various places in state, as compared to Bangalore)
You can see a lot of population in Hyderabad, who are staying in city for education/other reasons. They see themselves as temporary residents than permanent residents.
That is why you donot see citizen involvement in city problems as compared to Bangalore. My examples of citizen involvement is, people in Bangalore give suggestions about various problems of city, there are more "private-public partnership" initiatives, and citizens in Bangalore do raise their voice against infrastructure vows etc.
I see such things happening in Hyderabad, because there are less stake holders in city development. You do not see a lot of citizen groups involved. Major part of city residents do not see them as stake holders in the process.

Just my observation and feelings. so loooong....
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 11:51   #79
Senior - BHPian

Default Train on the Roads!!!

I just happen to see this near BEML yesturday.
Namma Bengaluru Highway (shifting home HYD-BLR)-img00141.jpg

A old train compartment was being taken on a trailer. I was surprised because it was hardly 4pm and how such huge trailer managed to roam around inside the city.
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 12:10   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I just happen to see this near BEML yesturday.
It is still on the open ground next to BEML gate today(bus stand where BEML buses stop)
I was surprised to see a single compartment being transported by road.
BEML makes train comparments, but normally they get the rakes, and BEML builds body on it and sends back. If you travel by BEML road you see a finished/unfinished train on the track(to your right if you are driving from Thippasandra/BEML road intersection towards Old Madras Road) right after the TSandra/BEML road signal.

BEML will also make metro rakes for "Namma Metro"
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 12:23   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
It is still on the open ground next to BEML gate today(bus stand where BEML buses stop)
I was surprised to see a single compartment being transported by road.
BEML makes train comparments, but normally they get the rakes, and BEML builds body on it and sends back. If you travel by BEML road you see a finished/unfinished train on the track(to your right if you are driving from Thippasandra/BEML road intersection towards Old Madras Road) right after the TSandra/BEML road signal.

BEML will also make metro rakes for "Namma Metro"
Agreed. I live around there and keep seeing these new compartments being shipped. But all those was usually in the tracks. First time I was seeing something like this. Anyway, if they can plan it well without any hindrance to the public transport, will be great.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote